Start Shopping! Cart
?
Topic Options
#42887 - 09/30/12 01:04 AM Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray?
TheGreatPancho Offline
UPSF Ensign

Is there a chance that we could see a Tenchi Muyo Universe and Tokyo blue-ray?

Advertisement
#42890 - 09/30/12 01:28 AM Re: Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray? [Re: TheGreatPancho]
joelgundam01 Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Nope! Only the OVA released out on Blu-ray in Japan. Since Japan never released a Blu-ray for either TV series, there's very little chance of seeing one up here.

#42891 - 09/30/12 02:13 AM Re: Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray? [Re: TheGreatPancho]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
The movies are also going to be in a combo pack (Blu-Ray & DVD).

Also (just in case) Tenchi Muyo OVA collection will also be a combo pack, and only includes the first two OVAs. Though I am not sure if there will be a Blu-Ray version of OVA 3.

Some people don't like OVA 3 (even more so than Tokyo in some cases).
However I think they need to rewatch all of the OVAs (not skipping any credits), cause they do tie together if your paying attention.

#42892 - 09/30/12 02:15 AM Re: Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray? [Re: TheGreatPancho]
TheGreatPancho Offline
UPSF Ensign

thanks for the info guys!! I'm going to buy the dvd's then

#42900 - 09/30/12 11:04 AM Re: Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray? [Re: TheGreatPancho]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I have all of Tenchi Muyo that was released here including Magical Project S and Sasami-Magical Girl Club and the hard to find originial release of the ova series but the 3 movies and the ova series on bluray are instant preorders for me.

#42917 - 10/01/12 12:55 AM Re: Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray? [Re: TheGreatPancho]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I also have all of the Tenchi stuff as well, I am just curious when that War on Geminar show is coming out?

BTW I saw some references to Magical Project S (Pretty Sammy) in El Hazzard, and Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure is now technically part of the Tenchi OVA cannon.

I have also seen part of that one show that they made prior to all of the others, yes it's an adult show, but you can say the designs were very good.

#42947 - 10/01/12 08:47 PM Re: Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray? [Re: TheGreatPancho]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
El Hazard and Dual are NOT part of the TM universe-BUT they do have the same creative team behind them-that's why one can see a lot of similarities between the series.

#42956 - 10/02/12 12:53 AM Re: Tenchi Muyo: Universe Blue-ray? [Re: TheGreatPancho]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Well actually the guy who wrote Tenchi said that due to that mecha in GXP (which mysteriously looked a lot like Zinj from Dual (which also had light hawk wings BTW in Dual)) they were tied together.

Plus if your paying attention a guy with the same name as the main guy in Dual does make a brief appearance in GXP.

Basically it means that the people in Dual went out into space & became those Space Pirates that later became the Jurians.

Look it up (think it was an article on ANN).

Of course all that really depends on which "cannon" you go by.
Since one guy says the stuff in the OVAs, & GXP are the real story.
While another says the stuff in Universe, & the movies are what happened.

Tokyo kinda stands on its own.

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.