Start Shopping! Cart
?
Topic Options
#42804 - 09/27/12 12:26 PM Nintendo Power
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
After 24 years of publication, not to mention previous iterations; Nintendo Power magazine is coming to a close. I got a notification in the mail today stating that there will be five more issues, and then... and then... and then no more Nintendo Power! cry

Advertisement
#42808 - 09/27/12 02:09 PM Re: Nintendo Power [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

They reported this a while back. Honestly, I'm shocked it stayed around as long as it did. More so since they were no longer owned by Nintendo.

Only game magazine doing good is Game Informer and that mainly has to do with you having to get it with your GameStop PowerUp Rewards card. Then even they are starting to go digital only.

#42817 - 09/27/12 11:21 PM Re: Nintendo Power [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I never cared for Game Informer. Much like Nintendo Power tended to be pro-Nintendo, Game Informer tended to be anti-Nintendo. Anyhoo... Nintendo Power was great toilet reading. I really feel like I'm losing touch with video games as I get older. I still like to play them, I just feel out of the loop; and find them to be more and more expensive.

"I find that the older I get, the less things there are that I am willing to stand in line for."

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.