?
Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#38025 - 05/24/12 06:11 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: pleth0ra]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: pleth0ra
Ya I want to watch the 2nd season already. Especially since the first season, dare I say, had a real good english dub. In particular Miyafuji haha, but either way it needs to have a confirmed release date already!!
We're all chompin' at the bit pleth0ra. BTW welcome to Anime Today. From what I gather the voice cast (which I also thought was excellent) will be back for season 2, although I heard a rumor somewhere that Mio Sakamoto's voice actress has changed. If that proves to be true, I will be sad. I loved to hear her yell: "Mi-ya-fu-ji!"

Advertisement
#38887 - 06/13/12 05:46 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Um... so what's the deal. I just watched the "trailers" in the "special features" of Cat Planet Cuties. Believe it or not, at the tail end of the Strike Witches Season 2 trailer it stated the following: "Strike Wtiches Season 2 available now." I kid you not. If you've got a copy of Cat Planet Cuties, go check it out for yourself. The "trailer" is labeled as "Strike Witches", but it is for Strike Witches Season 2. kiku just wants his Pantsu Witches Season 2 already! cry

#38888 - 06/13/12 06:48 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
Um... so what's the deal. I just watched the "trailers" in the "special features" of Cat Planet Cuties. Believe it or not, at the tail end of the Strike Witches Season 2 trailer it stated the following: "Strike Wtiches Season 2 available now." I kid you not. If you've got a copy of Cat Planet Cuties, go check it out for yourself. The "trailer" is labeled as "Strike Witches", but it is for Strike Witches Season 2. kiku just wants his Pantsu Witches Season 2 already! cry

I know, right !!! cry
( now you've got me crying )

#38893 - 06/13/12 09:04 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I just fail to see what ya'll find so appealing about Strike Witches. I've seen some of it and thought it was utterly crass and stupid.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#38898 - 06/13/12 10:40 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
I just fail to see what ya'll find so appealing about Strike Witches. I've seen some of it and thought it was utterly crass and stupid.

Then there really isnít anything that can be said to you about it, too bad really.
There are things Iíve made my mind up about as well, and nothing would ever change it.

#38914 - 06/14/12 04:55 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just want to hear Mio yell "Mi-ya-fu-ji!" again... and see Francesca's shimapan again.

#38918 - 06/14/12 05:48 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: BWBODDY]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: zrdb

Then there really isnít anything that can be said to you about it, too bad really.
There are things Iíve made my mind up about as well, and nothing would ever change it.

Boy-ain't that the truth, a lot of my favorite obscure series most people would turn up their noses at. The thing that really made me dislike Strike Wiches the most was the no bottom garments at all thing and the propeller attachments-I like fan service as much as anybody here-oh well-caveat emptor.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#39020 - 06/18/12 09:04 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
Ichigo69 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Somewhere where Rena can take ...
Not sure if anybody's mentioned this, but one of the reasons that it's most likely being delayed (this is part and parcel of the "licensing issues") is b/c Japanese anime companies, as a whole, are VERY LEERY of letting out BluRay encodes when the series is still somewhat new in Japan.

The simple fact is that their business model lets them get away with charging a WHOLE LOT MORE to their local user base than in North America. There are a few exceptions to this like Madoka, but generally, these companies are afraid that their userbase will not purchase it locally, but will instead do what's called "reverse importation" and buy a North American copy for much cheaper and have it shipped back to them in Japan and thereby cause the company to not meet the inflated sales projections they have due to their inflated prices that they charge. (For instance, I purchased the Nanoha MOVIE 1st BluRay (not licensed in North America, even) for around 9000 yen - and that was just a single movie).

I'm not sure (as I don't work for Funimation or any other anime companies) but I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the delays.

Nope. Not a thing...

#39022 - 06/18/12 09:57 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: Ichigo69]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Ichigo69
Not sure if anybody's mentioned this, but one of the reasons that it's most likely being delayed (this is part and parcel of the "licensing issues") is b/c Japanese anime companies, as a whole, are VERY LEERY of letting out BluRay encodes when the series is still somewhat new in Japan.

The simple fact is that their business model lets them get away with charging a WHOLE LOT MORE to their local user base than in North America. There are a few exceptions to this like Madoka, but generally, these companies are afraid that their userbase will not purchase it locally, but will instead do what's called "reverse importation" and buy a North American copy for much cheaper and have it shipped back to them in Japan and thereby cause the company to not meet the inflated sales projections they have due to their inflated prices that they charge. (For instance, I purchased the Nanoha MOVIE 1st BluRay (not licensed in North America, even) for around 9000 yen - and that was just a single movie).

I'm not sure (as I don't work for Funimation or any other anime companies) but I'm fairly sure this has something to do with the delays.

Hi Ichigo69 welcome to the ForumÖ. smile
You are correct, it has been posted here and your reasoning is spot on.

But it is good to have things reposted for those of us that havenít seen any of the earlier posts or have just forgotten
( or for some, due to our deteriorating mental state laugh like me)

One or two people here might say something likeÖ
"Thatís already been posted Stupid !"
But as a rule we just Ignore them.

Once againÖ Welcome ! grin

#39026 - 06/18/12 11:09 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: Ichigo69]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

It's sad that economic predicament stands between kiku and Francesca Lucchini's shimapan.

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.