Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#42439 - 09/19/12 03:45 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
BTW according to DVDaf, there is less than 3 weeks left of waiting.
It comes out on October 2.

Advertisement
#42440 - 09/19/12 06:57 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent
BTW according to DVDaf, there is less than 3 weeks left of waiting.
It comes out on October 2.

Right, we were talking about that on this Thread two days ago grin
( 09-17-12, about 6 posts back )

#42445 - 09/19/12 07:44 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Strike Witches! Strike Witches!! STRIKE WITCHES!!!

#42522 - 09/20/12 08:53 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I checked my order-it says backordered-my ass! If it's like most preorders RS should be getting a shipment in today or tomorrow at the latest.

#42593 - 09/22/12 12:13 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The anticipation for Strike Witches 2 is really gettin' to me. It looks like a Blu-ray sized Limited Edition case. Does that mean my DVD Edition of season one won't fit in it? It says that it has room for season 1, but which version is it referring to? Is Strike Witches DVD/Blu-ray Complete Season 1 the edition that will fit in the season 2 L.E. case? Does anybody have the season 1 combo? Is it Blu-ray sized? Should kiku do the unthinkable, and double dip on season 1? Somebody help!

#42607 - 09/22/12 01:56 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
The anticipation for Strike Witches 2 is really gettin' to me. It looks like a Blu-ray sized Limited Edition case. Does that mean my DVD Edition of season one won't fit in it? It says that it has room for season 1, but which version is it referring to? Is Strike Witches DVD/Blu-ray Complete Season 1 the edition that will fit in the season 2 L.E. case? Does anybody have the season 1 combo? Is it Blu-ray sized? Should kiku do the unthinkable, and double dip on season 1? Somebody help!

Iíve noticed lately, that when it says...

Blu-ray / DVD combo, Itís Blu-ray sized.

When it says
DVD / Blu-ray combo, itís DVD sized

#42610 - 09/22/12 02:13 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Is Strike Witches DVD/Blu-ray Complete Season 1 the edition that will fit in the season 2 L.E. case? Does anybody have the season 1 combo? Is it Blu-ray sized?

Yes! The Season 1 combo pack is a Blu-ray case and Funimation has confirmed that it's the only edition that will fix in the box.

I really recommend getting the combo pack of Season 1. Funimation got a hold of better masters to do the upscale with. It looks five times better than the DVD version, which has some very noticeable artifacts.

#42619 - 09/22/12 02:32 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Does that mean that even the included DVD copy is better than the original DVD, or just the Blu-ray?

#42621 - 09/22/12 04:47 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Does that mean that even the included DVD copy is better than the original DVD, or just the Blu-ray?

Just the Blu-ray. The DVD version are the same discs that were in the previous collections.

I really recommend to start using that Blu-ray player that you bought. I'm starting to see a noticeable quality difference between Funimation's BDs and DVDs.

#42625 - 09/22/12 08:38 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

Just the Blu-ray. The DVD version are the same discs that were in the previous collections.

I really recommend to start using that Blu-ray player that you bought. I'm starting to see a noticeable quality difference between Funimation's BDs and DVDs.

HmmmmÖ Strike Witches is one of those Titles that, I would actually buy the re-issue of Season 1
In Blu-ray / DVD combo. ( if I am impressed with the Blu-ray quality over the DVD ) of Season 2.

But my Flat Screen and Blu-ray player are both just run of the mill models.
So far I havenít been that impressed with the difference in any of the Anime combo packs Iíve bought.
The DVDís of all my Anime Combo Packs, have looked just as Good as the Blu-ray disc did when played in the Blu-ray player.

If season 2 ends up being the same ( results above ) Iíll be able to combine my current Season 1 with Season 2 into a smaller case.
Theyíll all fit in the Original Complete Collection case ( As Season One was Originally sold as )
The season 2 blu-ray discís will stay in the Original Case, packed up in the Garage along with all the other empty ( or near empty ) Anime cases Iíve condensed

Edited by BWBODDY (09/22/12 08:41 PM)

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.