Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#42340 - 02/13/12 04:33 PM Just started watching
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
I just started watching The Third, and I am really enjoying it. Loved the early scene in the Dr. Office with the PA announcing her "enhancement" over the intercom, and the resulting flare up.

I just got through the first DVD, which is only 4 episodes, but hope to watch the rest soon. The music is great by itself, too.

Advertisement
#42341 - 02/13/12 10:53 PM Re: Just started watching [Re: TroyR]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Please continue to keep meus up to date. I've been on the fence with the Third for some time now. I've been thinking about giving Nozomi a little support, considering their affiliation with TRSI. The only Nozomi title that I currently have is Ninja Nosense, which is a riot BTW. I think that The Third and Gasaraki both look like they'd be right up my alley. Now if I can only find the funds.

#42342 - 02/13/12 10:58 PM Re: Just started watching [Re: TroyR]
joelgundam01 Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
The Third was a fun action title. It had that Trigun feel to it (setting wise) with an interesting plot.

I think you'll like the show Kiku.

#42343 - 02/13/12 11:02 PM Re: Just started watching [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Thanks for the tip joelgundam01. Do you have any thoughts on Gasaraki?

#42344 - 02/13/12 11:06 PM Re: Just started watching [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Thanks for the tip joelgundam01. Do you have any thoughts on Gasaraki?

Sorry! I've never seen it.

#42345 - 02/13/12 11:08 PM Re: Just started watching [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've read quite a few negative reviews about Gasaraki, but I never let that color my judgement too much. I've also read a few more eclectic reviews that state that the mech designs in Gasaraki are excellent.

#42346 - 02/13/12 11:10 PM Re: Just started watching [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
I've read quite a few negative reviews about Gasaraki, but I never let that color my judgement too much. I've also read a few more eclectic reviews that state that the mech designs in Gasaraki are excellent.

From what I've read on the other forums. The show is pretty good for the most part. It's the ending that's less than to be desired.

#42347 - 02/13/12 11:13 PM Re: Just started watching [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Too many people bash on open endings. I wonder if that's the case. I believe in the artists' prerogative when it comes to these matters. If an anime creator sees fit to leave me hanging at the end of their anime, with no resolution; I simply ponder my own conclusion. This is much akin to finishing a good book. "Wow! I can't believe that! That really happened? Oh man, I wonder what happened to... blah, blah, blah." Know what I mean? Sorry, rambling again.

#42348 - 02/27/12 08:37 AM Re: Just started watching [Re: TroyR]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
I finished The Third over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. There was one episode on the beginning of disk 3 or 4 that felt off though, like the animation didn't match any of the other episodes. Was a bit of a distraction.

All in all a great series. I watched the English Subs, original Japanese language. I tried watching the English version, but Hono's attitude was completely different, she was more annoyed with her job in the English version. The Japanese version was much more enjoyable.

#42349 - 02/27/12 09:30 AM Re: Just started watching [Re: TroyR]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: TroyR
I finished The Third over the weekend. Really enjoyed it. There was one episode on the beginning of disk 3 or 4 that felt off though, like the animation didn't match any of the other episodes. Was a bit of a distraction.

I brought the same thing up not all that too long ago, I canít remember what the reason was.
( Someone knew, joelgundam01 most likely he?/she?, knows a lot about a lot )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.