Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 40 of 109 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 108 109 >
Topic Options
#41194 - 08/22/12 12:18 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
I finished upÖ
The Hunger Games
Don Juan DeMarco
Ed Wood

Now Iím going to get more of Ed Woods work..
Jail Bait
Night of the Ghouls
Bride of the Monster
Plan 9 From Outer Space
( I use to have a VHS of it, now I want the DVD )
& Vampira: The Movie

Even though Vampira isnít an Ed Wood Movie
They do talk about them.
It states that this is a documentary not a Vampire movie

"This documentary travels behind the scenes of camp classics such as Plan 9 from Outer Space
to visit the life and career of onetime horror star and TV horror hostess Vampira (aka Maila Nurmi).
The title figure was previously portrayed by Lisa Marie in Tim Burton's picture Ed Wood."

Edited by BWBODDY (08/22/12 12:20 PM)

Advertisement
#41336 - 08/27/12 12:56 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Speaking of The Hunger Games, I rented that via a local Redbox.
Never read the book & never saw Battle Royale so I can't compare those.

It was OK, decent action & story. Though since there are 3 books I would guess there will be a sequel eventually.

Somehow I kinda predict where this is going, since the people are starting to tire of the games. Though still kinda wonder just how they keep all those people in line without any noticeable guns on the "cops".

Might check out the books, if the library has them.

#41366 - 08/28/12 12:07 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
I finished upÖ
The Hunger Games
Don Juan DeMarco
Ed Wood

Now Iím going to get more of Ed Woods work..
Jail Bait
Night of the Ghouls
Glen or Glenda
Bride of the Monster
Plan 9 From Outer Space
( I use to have a VHS of it, now I want the DVD )
& Vampira: The Movie

Even though Vampira isnít an Ed Wood Movie
They do talk about them.
It states that this is a documentary not a Vampire movie

"This documentary travels behind the scenes of camp classics such as Plan 9 from Outer Space
to visit the life and career of onetime horror star and TV horror hostess Vampira (aka Maila Nurmi).
The title figure was previously portrayed by Lisa Marie in Tim Burton's picture Ed Wood."

Iím forgoing Anime for a whileÖ.
Now Iím watching my Ed Wood Collection.
Followed by Gandhi (Special Edition ) &
Roots ( 30th Anniversary Edition )

After that, Iíll watch K-On!!

#41405 - 08/30/12 01:17 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

You know that they say "learn from the past, or we are doomed to repeat it".
However Disney wants us to forget that slavery ever existed, cause they still refuse to release "Song of the South" on DVD/Blu-Ray.
Yet the mini-series Roots was much darker in tone.

Anyhow, watched the Richard Donner cut of Superman 2. Pretty similar to the theatrical version, though some parts were altered slightly.
Such as when Supes & Lois sleep together (in an adult way), they show that BEFORE the decision to become human by Supes.
So that pretty much explains where the super powers on the kid from Superman Returns (which is technically a sequel to this movie) came from.
Though I thought the reason he never "did it" was that if he did he would probably kill her.

Anyways, it was a good movie, no matter which version you see.
Though the next two sequels (and Supergirl) are total duds IMO.

#41506 - 09/03/12 12:02 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Saw Paranorman at the theater.

I had a free pass (parents neighbor gets them from work) to this & Expendables 2.

It was a good movie, though it did not grab the kids attention much.
The kids in the audience seemed kinda bored (lots of wiggling around & walking out).
I on the other hand liked it.

Although the trailer to Rise of the Guardians had somebody asking "why is Santa a Russian?" I was like "really?!?!" don't people read anymore?
I knew that Santa was partially based on the real life Saint Nicholos who's from Russia IIRC. Plus at the end of Paranorman when a certain character reveals his "sexual preference" somebody yelled "I told you so!".
Like it was not obvious since he never once reacted to the rather cute sister of Norman.

Also rented via Redbox (they must have a waiting period on Battleship) The Raid: Redemption.
Very very action packed film, loads of blood, violence, bad words (the dub was pretty good), and just plain loads of fun.
Be warned it's pretty darn graphic at times, and the plot/story is not really fleshed out. Lots of martial arts stuff as well, the main bad guy's bodyguard was seriously awesome at it.

#41743 - 09/13/12 09:00 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
SoundMonkey44 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Southwest U.S.
My Current Non-Anime favorites include.

Animated
Adventure Time
Dan VS
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
Regular Show
The Amazing World Of Gumball
Thundercats
Transformers: Prime
Young Justice

Live Action
Big Bang Theory
Doctor Who
Grimm
Supernatural

All very fun shows, which in this day & age is a Godsend as it is arguably very hard to find good TV more often then not.

#41861 - 09/16/12 03:57 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just got back from watching the new Resident Evil & Bourne MoviesÖ

I must say I liked them both, and I was always Leery about a Bourne movie without Matt Damon in it.

But after first seeing this actor ( sorry, I still do not know.. Well remember his name )
but I saw him in the last Mission Impossible movie ( and liked him ) and than after seeing trailers for this new Bourne, I thought Iíd give it a try.

*Iíll have to change the Case I have my Bourne movies in from Bourne Trilogy to Bourne Collection when the DVD comes out*

And Iíve always liked Rachel Weisz ( she's in it ) even though Iíve still not forgiven her for opting out of the last Mummy Movie.

#41900 - 09/17/12 02:06 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: SoundMonkey44]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just a heads up about Thundercats, it apparently got cancelled by Cartoon Network.

A list is great, yet it does not explain why you like those shows.

Sorry, I guess I am just kinda used to other people giving detailed info about whatever stuff they liked. Over on Anime News Network they actually don't like lists, and will remind you to not post them.

#42787 - 09/27/12 10:13 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The Avengers came in yesterday, so Iíve been watched it and all the extraís.

#42905 - 09/30/12 11:41 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Last night I watched my South Park Collection

Bigger, Longer & Uncut
Imaginationland
Team America: World Police

Page 40 of 109 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 ... 108 109 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.