Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#41141 - 08/20/12 07:00 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: TroyR]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: TroyR
We've looked at reports of speed and don't see and latency out of the ordinary - can you tell us what exactly are you experiencing? Thanks.

My browser will load up about half of the page and then it goes to a complete dead stop for about 2 minutes and finally loads the rest of the page. It comes and goes but it's been happening more frequently lately. I believe it's coming from one of your third party scripts (such as a Google) that you are using.

Advertisement
#41143 - 08/20/12 08:31 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: joelgundam01]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
My browser will load up about half of the page and then it goes to a complete dead stop for about 2 minutes and finally loads the rest of the page. It comes and goes but it's been happening more frequently lately. I believe it's coming from one of your third party scripts (such as a Google) that you are using.

It's probably indeed google-analytics, since I've ran into stalling on google-analytics on a few other sites... (both Firefox and IE should show in the bottom left which site it's waiting for) Normally I just shift-refresh if a page stalls on google-analytics for more than 10 seconds.
If it happens too often, you could probably also just block google-analytics with noscript/adblock/blackhole it to 127.0.0.1 in your hosts file/etc.

#41151 - 08/20/12 11:59 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Originally Posted By: TroyR
I have never received an error message here. Next time it happens, let me know so I can look at the logs. Thanks. smile

ROGER THAT !
* it "mainly" happens ( but not always ) when trying to go from my On-Order page to the Forums *
Now that you mention it B Dub, that's when I get error message too; when I try to go to Anime Today from My Account.

#41162 - 08/21/12 10:15 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: kiku]
Richard Harms Offline

UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: kiku
ROGER THAT !
* it "mainly" happens ( but not always ) when trying to go from my On-Order page to the Forums *
Now that you mention it B Dub, that's when I get error message too; when I try to go to Anime Today from My Account.
Thanks for the feedback! Please give this a try again and let us know if you still run into an error. Troy and I managed to find a little glitch in the web server configuration that looks like it was causing this to happen from some areas of the site.

#41164 - 08/21/12 10:38 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

It's probably indeed google-analytics, since I've ran into stalling on google-analytics on a few other sites... (both Firefox and IE should show in the bottom left which site it's waiting for) Normally I just shift-refresh if a page stalls on google-analytics for more than 10 seconds.
If it happens too often, you could probably also just block google-analytics with noscript/adblock/blackhole it to 127.0.0.1 in your hosts file/etc.

Your right! The problem seems to be fixed after blocking Google-analytics with Noscript.

#41165 - 08/21/12 10:41 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: Richard Harms]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Richard Harms
ROGER THAT !
Thanks for the feedback! Please give this a try again and let us know if you still run into an error. Troy and I managed to find a little glitch in the web server configuration that looks like it was causing this to happen from some areas of the site.

I just didÖ.
Try going from my "Orders Page" to "Forum".
This is what I got, and itĎs not what I got before..

https://www.rightstuf.com/ubbthreads/

A new thing that popped up when trying to go from my "Orders Page" to the "Forum"
Was "Only secure content shown" ---- "show all content"
Thatís on top of the fact that it sent me too
and didnít give me an error message this time.

If I click "Show all content", than it does take me to the Forums.

Still this only happen when trying to go to the "Forum" from my "Orders Page".

#41169 - 08/21/12 11:58 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Richard Harms
ROGER THAT !

I just didÖ.
Try going from my "Orders Page" to "Forum".
This is what I got, and itĎs not what I got before..

A new thing that popped up when trying to go from my "Orders Page" to the "Forum"
Was "Only secure content shown" ---- "show all content"
Thatís on top of the fact that it sent me too
and didnít give me an error message this time.

If I click "Show all content", than it does take me to the Forums.

Still this only happen when trying to go to the "Forum" from my "Orders Page".

It seems if I start out on my "Order Page" , I have to keep clicking on "Show All Content".
In order to get the page Iím going to, to appear.
Case in pointÖ
Iím on the Order Page, I then clicked on ForumsÖ.
"Only secure content is displayed" ------ "Show all content" appears.
I click on "Show all content" , and now Iím on the Forum main page.
Now if I click on any of the topics....
"Only secure content is displayed" ------ "Show all content" appears again.
I click on "Show all content'' , and that Topic will appear, etc, etcÖ..

Like I said this happens ( at least so far it seems ) only if I start out on my "Order page".

The only way to stop it is for me to log off the Net and come back to Rightstuf
someplace other then the "Order Page" .( my Items on order page )

Just going to some other site, then back to Rightstuf doesnít work.
I have to exit the Net altogether.

P.S.
And like I said, today is the first time Iíve seen
Instead of Server Error
And the "Only secure content is displayed"------ "Show all content"
line popping up on the bottom of the screen.

Before today it was always Server Error.

P.S. again...
Sorry, when I say "Orders Page", I do mean "My Account" Page

Edited by BWBODDY (08/21/12 02:47 PM)
Edit Reason: PS again

#41172 - 08/21/12 01:30 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm happy to say that I can now go directly to Anime Today from "My Account". Boy howdy, you guys are bound and determined to fix every little thing at the site aren't ya? That's why I love ya! BTW I love the new banner at the top of the storefront. Pretty pretty.

#41173 - 08/21/12 02:49 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm happy to say that I can now go directly to Anime Today from "My Account". Boy howdy, you guys are bound and determined to fix every little thing at the site aren't ya? That's why I love ya! BTW I love the new banner at the top of the storefront. Pretty pretty.

I still can't ! frown

#41174 - 08/21/12 03:01 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
BW... I think that is a browser setting to warn when switching from secure to non-secure content.

What you are doing is technically leaving secure (https) and using just http since the boards don't use http. You should be able to set it to not warn you when using rightstuf.com. Hm.

Page 10 of 11 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 >

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.