Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >
Topic Options
#40249 - 07/25/12 03:12 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: EricDent]
CheechMonger Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
I picked up a copy of Black Dragon (Jackie Chan) at Big Lots today, the only DVD there that I saw that was interesting.

Advertisement
#40251 - 07/25/12 03:15 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: CheechMonger]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Does Big Lots carry anime? I've never been to one, although there is one about an hour from where I live.

#40256 - 07/25/12 04:09 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: kiku]
CheechMonger Offline

Originally Posted By: kiku
Does Big Lots carry anime? I've never been to one, although there is one about an hour from where I live.

They used to, but not so much anymore. When companies were doing singles, primarily Bandai and Funimation, their singles would appear quite frequently at Big Lots, usually when they came out with collections.

I recently saw a copy of Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis. It was $3 so I picked up a copy as I didn't have it. The only other anime titles that I've seen recently were Memories and The Animatrix.

Animation wise, the only other notable title that I saw was Ben 10. My local Big Lots had a couple different ones, but I'm not that big of a fan of the show to collect it. That said, you never know what they'll have, which is why I stop there about once a month, so I find it worth checking out.

#40266 - 07/25/12 08:07 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: CheechMonger]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Cool, thanks. It might be worth it for me to stop in there the next time I'm around that neck o' the woods.

#40302 - 07/26/12 06:45 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Oneechanbara
The Hypnotist

The first one is pretty bad. Not as bad as Tokyo Gore Police. The second I haven't gotten to yet.

#40309 - 07/26/12 08:52 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
Oneechanbara
The first one is pretty bad. Not as bad as Tokyo Gore Police

The video game it is based on is horrible. Poor thing didn't stand a chance. Horrible game and then the fate of all video game movies being bad thrown on top of it.

#40314 - 07/26/12 10:23 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loved 'em both... well the movie was pretty bad, but I destroyed the game; so It made me dig the movie. Now Oppaichanbara, that was bad; but I got that one too.

#40510 - 08/02/12 04:12 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Just watched 1911 with Jackie Chan. Kind of hard to watch as it jumped around a lot. The last couple of Chinese productions I've seen had great production standards. The art direction is amazing. Costumes and sets were fantastic and the cinematography was beautiful. Problem is that the scripts sucked so bad. Actors portraying Westerners seem to always be terrible actors. I mean worse than "High School play" actors.

It was a Communist propaganda piece about a populist uprising in the year 1911. A historic piece. Great I thought. Sigh, I was so disappointed. China will not allow any filming of a movie taking place in the past one hundred years anymore that isn't pro-Communist. They over use the word revolution and at the end actually have a text blurb claiming the revolt was a precursor to the Communist takeover. Sheez.

#48103 - 02/09/13 09:48 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
CheechMonger Offline

I picked up the most recent releases from Dragon Dynasty:

Outlaw Brothers
A Chinese Odyssey 1&2

They both look pretty interesting. They are also both bare bones releases, no extras of any kind (except for trailers for Fist of Legend and The Killer which play at the beginning and can be skipped). I miss how DD used to load up the discs with extras, but it's good to at least have the films to watch.

#48466 - 02/17/13 09:10 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
oldcharlie55 Offline

Loc: New York
I picked up a copy of Super Infra-man from Amazon. It's a cheesy Hong Kong Ultra-man ripoff (released here with a real bad English dub as Infra-Man). This DVD has the original Mandarin version with subtitles and the old English dub (in mono).

Page 15 of 19 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.