Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#40205 - 07/24/12 11:34 AM Right stuff Too Big For their customers
farfrommail Offline
UPSF Ensign

I have a on going pre-orders with Right stuff. Today when I had no email for a dvd that comes out today. I called asking about where my order is. I was told that they do have the dvd but will not be shipping it for another two weeks. That does not make sence! I asked why do I have to wait two weeks for a dvd you have today and comes out today??. They tell me they only ship Partial Shipments out a certain time. Since I just missed the Partial Shipment yesterday I have to wait two weeks. But then they flip flopped and said they will sent it out tomorrow just for me. I had to ask so when did you get the dvd. They said they had it the 18th. I then ask why couldn't you ship it out yesterday when the Partial Shipment date was? We couldn't because we are having a shipping problems and couldn't ship til the Partial Shipment date. They go on to say because they are Big Company we can't give the attention for shipping issuses for a individual customer like me. It not like Im the only one that order that dvd or is waiting for that dvd. If they keep doing this to me I will shopping some where's else. and if they keep treating customers like this they may not be the Big Company they think they are.

Advertisement
#40206 - 07/24/12 11:55 AM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: farfrommail]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
This happens from time to time. Most likely your order got stuck somewhere in system and it caused a delay. This has happened to me a couple times in the past, but customer service (CS) was able to fix the problem right away.

I would send Shawne (darklord@rightstuf.com) an email and report the bad CS experience to him. He's the president and CEO of the company and he goes the extra mile to make sure the customer is happy. This will also let him know that one of the CSR's need to be retrained.

#40208 - 07/24/12 04:04 PM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: farfrommail]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I have found that customer service at RightSuf is exceptional. This is not to say that the aforementioned issue was, or was not, an issue. Anytime I've ever had a problem, I bring it to RightStuf's attention; and they rectify it. That is more than can be expected from any other retailer/business. Furthermore; I find that when I preorder an item, I receive it well before the release date... which is friggin' sweet!

#40210 - 07/24/12 04:10 PM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: farfrommail]
The Dark Lord Offline
UPSF Grand Fleet Admiral

Loc: Grimes, Iowa
Originally Posted By: farfrommail
I have a on going pre-orders with Right stuff. Today when I had no email for a dvd that comes out today. I called asking about where my order is. I was told that they do have the dvd but will not be shipping it for another two weeks. That does not make sence! I asked why do I have to wait two weeks for a dvd you have today and comes out today??. They tell me they only ship Partial Shipments out a certain time. Since I just missed the Partial Shipment yesterday I have to wait two weeks. But then they flip flopped and said they will sent it out tomorrow just for me. I had to ask so when did you get the dvd. They said they had it the 18th. I then ask why couldn't you ship it out yesterday when the Partial Shipment date was? We couldn't because we are having a shipping problems and couldn't ship til the Partial Shipment date. They go on to say because they are Big Company we can't give the attention for shipping issuses for a individual customer like me. It not like Im the only one that order that dvd or is waiting for that dvd. If they keep doing this to me I will shopping some where's else. and if they keep treating customers like this they may not be the Big Company they think they are.

Can you please send any email you received on this to me so that I can have a look, or send me details of your order number so I can check into this matter?

While it is true that we do not ship every single item out individually when you place your order, I am not sure what has happened here and I would like to understand and be able to explain how our process normally works.

Please send to: darklord@rightstuf.com.

Thanks.
www.rightstuf.com
darklord@rightstuf.com
Become a minion of the Dark Lord today!

#40212 - 07/24/12 04:14 PM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
I have found that customer service at RightSuf is exceptional. This is not to say that the aforementioned issue was, or was not, an issue. Anytime I've ever had a problem, I bring it to RightStuf's attention; and they rectify it. That is more than can be expected from any other retailer/business. Furthermore; I find that when I preorder an item, I receive it well before the release date... which is friggin' sweet!

grinDITTO !!!!! grin

#40241 - 07/25/12 11:08 AM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: farfrommail]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Anytime that I've had to deal with customer service, they've always been exceptional. For example: I recently ordered a newly released anime, and noticed that my disk 2 was defective. They immediately sent out a replacement disk. When I received it, I noticed that they sent me a disk from a different title by mistake. I contacted them again, and again, they sent out a replacement disk immediately. Now, most companies would ask you to send back the defective set first, but TRSI never asked me to ship anything, either time. THAT's what exceptional customer service looks like to me. smile

Edited by Manhiem (07/25/12 11:10 AM)

#40243 - 07/25/12 12:58 PM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: Manhiem]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Manhiem
Anytime that I've had to deal with customer service, they've always been exceptional. For example: I recently ordered a newly released anime, and noticed that my disk 2 was defective. They immediately sent out a replacement disk. When I received it, I noticed that they sent me a disk from a different title by mistake. I contacted them again, and again, they sent out a replacement disk immediately. Now, most companies would ask you to send back the defective set first, but TRSI never asked me to ship anything, either time. THAT's what exceptional customer service looks like to me. smile

RightStuf has done that for me many times ( I order a lot ).
The main culprit is usually the fact that a disc pops out of it retainer while in transit.
( This I blame on mishandling on the part of the USPS, they’re Government employees, what do they care about "Customer Service" )

Just today, I called about an Anime that I was charged the "Retail Price" for instead of the "Your Price".
( It happened during the timeframe of the Sites Thursday updates & changes )

It took one call and no time at all, to get it corrected.

They have the Best Customer Service I’ve ever dealt with !

#40245 - 07/25/12 03:03 PM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: farfrommail]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
@ Manhiem - I concur. It goes to show that RightStuf deems customer satisfaction paramount. They, as a business, value repeat customers in lieu of the relatively insignificant cost of replacement disc(s).

@ B Dub - Again, I concur. RightStuf is, beyond the shadow of a doubt, the finest exemplar of customer service I have ever seen.

@ everyone - RightStuf has provided us (anime fans) with the framework to support anime as we know it. Excellent customer service, more than competitive pricing, a comprehensive storefront with multiple avenues of contact (phone, email, live chat, snail mail), a vast selection of products. The combination of their influence and our buying power is a market force to be reckoned with. The B&M stores still have their place; but generally for selling copies of DBZ, yet again. RightStuf is a boon to anime that compels the stateside industry to force new blood into it's veins. This year is a prime example of that. There's so much new anime to be had, I can barely keep up! Solid media FTW! I for one will do my part to keep the industry alive and support RightStuf with my continued patronage. I love anime and I love RightStuf!

#40296 - 07/26/12 06:26 PM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: farfrommail]
EricDent Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Texas
Wow! yet another "big wig" of Right Stuf showing up in the forums!

#40305 - 07/26/12 07:50 PM Re: Right stuff Too Big For their customers [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Wow! yet another "big wig" of Right Stuf showing up in the forums!

Shawne (aka The Dark Lord) pops in from time to time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2015 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.