Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >
Topic Options
#39732 - 07/10/12 05:03 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Nintendo Power constant coverage of Last Story has really got me chomin' at the bit! Those preodering it apparently get an impressive artbook.

Advertisement
#39778 - 07/12/12 01:11 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just got done with a several hour tear on Xenoblade Chronicles. I'm lost in the bowels of the Mechonis. Seeing as how I was lost (not really) I took the opportunity to hone some of my skills and aquire some sweet items, XP, etc... along the way.

#39779 - 07/12/12 01:18 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Today I spent some time playing Catherine and Chrono Trigger on the Xbox360 and Wii. Been awhile since I have logged a handful of hours in one day.

Edited by Cheap One (07/12/12 01:18 AM)

#39781 - 07/12/12 01:23 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Chrono Trigger on the Wii? I played it on the DS.

#39782 - 07/12/12 01:24 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Chrono Trigger on the Wii?

Yep, picked it up on the Wiis VC a few years back.

#39783 - 07/12/12 01:28 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Oh... download. I've never downloaded anything for my Wii or DS, just solid media. Irregardless... Chrono Trigger is one of the greatest RPG's of all time IMO.

#39784 - 07/12/12 01:38 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yea, picked it up cause I had some leftover points after getting MegaMan 9 or 10 don't really remember which one. Saw Chrono Trigger and hadn't played it and heard lots of good stuff on it so I just went ahead and downloaded it as well.

#40327 - 07/27/12 01:39 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles continues to amaze. I think I've about 175 hours into this, most epic of (J)RPG's. Plot twists abound! Never before have I experienced such character progression in perfect harmony with the actual gameplay.

I also think that Xenoblade Chronicles might be a somewhat different experience for different people. I for one have a Nintendo-born habit of searching every nook and cranny and (trying) to complete every side quest; not to mention regularly honing my characters' abilities. It should be noted however, that I am not referring to level grinding per say. There is a near infinite amount of tasks to be accomplished, not to mention the fact that it's a joy to simply explore the world. Some people on the other hand, plow headlong through a game with the finale always in their sights. Those folks will probably appreciate the teleport system; I know I do, considering the size of the world(s) of Xenoblade Chronicles.

Another facet that might create a different experience depending on the player, is the wide array of abilities, styles, skill, equipment, gems, affinities, etc... not to mention seven characters to form a three man (or woman) party. Some may tend toward the use of heavy armors and enhancements to direct force coupled with a healer (sniper) in the party. Others might hone the use and integration of auras in to their combat style.

Never before (in my experience) has a game so wonderfully rewarded the occasional walkabout. I still return to previous areas and find enemies that are way out of my league. Furthermore, every so often residents/denizens will have new quests/tasks for me to accomplish; some of said characters being more needy than others.

I've placed a real focus on a character lately, who was absent for a large portion of the game; seriously tragic. Xenoblade Chronicles' story doesn't unfold in front of you, it envelopes you; but not without a fight.

#40333 - 07/28/12 12:08 AM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: dinkygreg]
Happy Birthday Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Skyrim had an improved leveling structure & visuals,.. But Fallout 3 was more engrossing. The world sucked me in more & the lasting memories of my adventures in the wastelands still stay with me. I can think of few games that have left such a strong impact.

#40346 - 07/28/12 03:00 PM Re: What's your favorite RPG game? [Re: Gevin]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Happy Birthday Gevin!

Page 8 of 14 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.