?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#39789 - 07/12/12 09:21 AM Re: Cats [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: EricDent
My family has had several cats, most of which were decent.
The current cats at my parents house are both rescue cats.
All three of ours are rescues

All three of ours are rescues, Jewel gave birth to Missy just a few weeks after we got her.
Missy was one of four kittens ( all girls ), she was the only one that made it.
frown

One from the shelter (older female) named Mauser (my dad calls her "bigs").
She is fixed (just in case) she has a slightly paunchy stomach that makes her look big (thus the nickname) and one claw on her right back foot never retracts properly so she makes a "crunch" noise when she walks on the carpet.

Jewel does that, when itís quite in the house you can hear her walking, even on the Carpet.
Itís like the sound of pulling Velcro apart ( but very faint )
Or the clicking sound of her walking on the Kitchen floor

one rescued from certain doom (younger male) he was a tiny kitten and one day somebody said they heard meowing noises coming from inside one of the work vans for my brother & dads handyman company. So they open the hood and he is just sitting there. He is rather rambuctious, so they called him Scooter. He loves to chase bugs, the other cat, and climbs the fence/house (though comes back when my dad gets him).

Thatís how we got Bobby, I was out back ( cleaning my Ar-15 ) when I heard this screaming cry.
I look to the left and this little piece of Fur is trying to climb the Fence.
He fell back down, I went over and got him, he fit in my hand ( that small )
( he was Fur & Bones, infested with Flees and Ear mites )

We gave him water & food, and a flea bath ( I forget what the stuff is called )
he went to sleep after that, hours later after weíd gotten back from the Vet.
He woke upÖ Yup, he was asleep the whole time, except for a moment of
semi conciseness during his exam when the Vet was really manhandling him..
The Vet said that he had just been weaned from his Mother.

Bobby runs, leaps and climbs, Treeís ( mainly ) and the garage once, I donít know
what made him think he could do that.
I had to pull him off it, he didnít know what to do, seven feet up the side of the garage.
I think the texture of the Red Brick is what allowed him to hang onto the garage..

Iíve had to get the Extension Ladder out before to get him down from the Tree.
He is also a bug catcher, and if itís eatable he will eat it.

Anyhow the first couple of minutes of this video will tell you all about cats...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEnaHg2cgCQ&sns=em

smile grin laugh laugh laugh grin smile
*The truth put to Song*

Advertisement
#39841 - 07/13/12 07:17 PM Re: Cats [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

At about 7-ish pm Bobby was in the kitchen just a meowing and Iím yelling Bobby shout up, it isnít time yet ( to feed him ) Ö

Iím on the couch watching Ayaneís High Kick, and I can see into the kitchen, from where I'm at,
but I can't see Bobby and what he is doing is just out of sight. ( I yell again, shout up Bobby )

Well he runs to the doorway of the Kitchen Meows at me , then runs back into the kitchen.
He starts again MeooowwwwÖ.. ( I hear him in there moving around too, not just meowing )

I go in there and he's keeping this little Lizard pinned down, I see it looks like Bobby had
already gotten his tail. ( because itís missing off the lizard )

I walk over and squat down, Bobby seeís Iím there, then just scoops the lizard up with his paw and into his mouth....
Munch, munch, munch.... He looks at me, he does this weird little meow while licking his lips,
then walks over and starts drinking out of the water bowl.

I swear he just wanted me to see that he had catch himself a lizard. laugh

Hahahaha, thatís my BoyÖ.. grin

I donít know what it is about my kitchen that these little guys like ( the lizards )
This isnít the first time Bobby has chased and caught one, well, the last time I know of it was just itís tail Bobby got.
I see them all the time around my House and yard.
Iíve got a big yard with a big open field behind my House, I see Rabbits, Possums, Rangoonís, etcÖSo these little guys arenít anything...

Edited by BWBODDY (07/13/12 07:57 PM)

#39878 - 07/14/12 01:12 PM Re: Cats [Re: kiku]
zrdb Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I'm allergic to cat hair-but not rabbits.

#39879 - 07/14/12 01:33 PM Re: Cats [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
I'm allergic to cat hair-but not rabbits.

The hair from three Cats, in a small house can be a little much.
But we try to keep them brushed, so it doesnít become a problem.

It helps that the Cats themselves really love it, and they will, go to the
Kitchen cabinet door where we keep the Cat brush, and pull it open and let it slam shut.
Letting us know they want to be brushed.

So it really is helpful believe it or not, cause my wife and I would be a little lazy about it if
It wasnít for the Cats asking for it.

#39882 - 07/14/12 02:52 PM Re: Cats [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
My Sally was rescued in much the same way. Had to do the whole nine yards Vet thing too. She's a hunter as well, although Sally doesn't consume (or even harm) her prey. They are more like playthings to her. She just plays with them until I show up, then she (begrudgingly) gives them to me. Sally is more of a roommate than a pet. I figure her half of the rent is keeping the house mouse free. She'll tolerate approximately 1 to 2 minutes of brushing, after that; it's at my own risk.

#39895 - 07/14/12 07:20 PM Re: Cats [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
At about 7-ish pm Bobby was in the kitchen just a meowing and Iím yelling Bobby shout up, it isnít time yet ( to feed him ) Ö

Iím on the couch watching Ayaneís High Kick, and I can see into the kitchen, from where I'm at,
but I can't see Bobby and what he is doing is just out of sight. ( I yell again, shout up Bobby )

Well he runs to the doorway of the Kitchen Meows at me , then runs back into the kitchen.
He starts again MeooowwwwÖ.. ( I hear him in there moving around too, not just meowing )

I go in there and he's keeping this little Lizard pinned down, I see it looks like Bobby had
already gotten his tail. ( because itís missing off the lizard )

I walk over and squat down, Bobby seeís Iím there, then just scoops the lizard up with his paw and into his mouth....
Munch, munch, munch.... He looks at me, he does this weird little meow while licking his lips,
then walks over and starts drinking out of the water bowl.

I swear he just wanted me to see that he had catch himself a lizard. laugh

Hahahaha, thatís my BoyÖ.. grin

I donít know what it is about my kitchen that these little guys like ( the lizards )
This isnít the first time Bobby has chased and caught one, well, the last time I know of it was just itís tail Bobby got.
I see them all the time around my House and yard.
Iíve got a big yard with a big open field behind my House, I see Rabbits, Possums, Rangoonís, etcÖSo these little guys arenít anything...

Hereís a picture of my 17 pound, lizard eating cat BOBBY.
He wanted that spot, so he just knocked everything out.

>>> BOBBY <<<

#39906 - 07/15/12 02:10 AM Re: Cats [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

He's a good lookin' cat, real unique in appearance. I love 'im already.

#39935 - 07/16/12 02:20 AM Re: Cats [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Though I have not seen this particular cat since, it was kinda cool looking.
Was doing the laundry in the nearby laundry center (it's actually part of the next door apartment complex) and spotted this odd looking cat just laying about.
It was white with spots of orange & black, but had a tabby tail.
It kept running away when I tried to pet it.
Just kept trying everytime I went to check the laundry, and it just kept running off.
Until I chased it into some bushes near the pool, and suddenly a small garter snake (it was brownish red) started crawling across the sidewalk.
So I said "get the snake!" and the cat did. Later when getting the laundry, it finally walked over and meowed at me, as if saying "thanks for the snake", and let me pick it up & pet it a bit. I let it go, cause it was rather thin, and since I really can't afford a pet of any kind currently (plus I kinda prefer dogs anyways). I have seen another cat around a few times, it's all tabby & has a collar. I tried to call the number on the collar, but no luck on talking to anybody (left a message). It's a very friendly cat, and let's you pet it & pick it up. However it was also very thin as well.
Other than that there are a few other wild cats around, which if you even start to get near them (one tabby & one black) they run away really fast.
Though with all the rain (and work) lately I have not seen any of these cats around.

#39979 - 07/17/12 02:57 PM Re: Cats [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

#42368 - 09/17/12 05:43 PM Re: Cats [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku

Here's one for you kiku.
grinHehehehe grin

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.