Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#39121 - 06/22/12 02:53 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: PetrifiedJello]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
Originally Posted By: PetrifiedJello
in that search/cart

That is one of the issues we wrestle with on the technical side. The shopping cart itself is a completely different technology/platform than the website, and changing the workings of the cart piece is a difficult endeavor, to say the least.

Most of the improvements will be done on the website search side, which is why we are trying to do as much as we can with search there as possible. Updates to the cart part may come, but more infrequently.

Thanks for the feedback! smile

Advertisement
#39122 - 06/22/12 03:03 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: PetrifiedJello]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

However, I'd like to point out a beef I've had, even with the old site, in that search/cart links are all over the place. Not to be rude, and certainly not to step on any of the design team, but these two items should appear the top of every page.

I always found it odd the RightStuf main page does use that setup, but the store's main page doesn't. As the RightStuf main page has all the big things current sales, top new releases, top pre-orders and now top current items. You would think that page would have the search at the bottom.

I do agree the cart and search really should stay at the same place on the main page, store main page and items pages.

#39123 - 06/22/12 03:07 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: TroyR]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Originally Posted By: TroyR
difficult endeavor, to say the least.

That is to say, more difficult, but not impossible! We're always working on things to make the shopping experience easier/better/awesome so we really love hearing your comments and suggestions. smile

Just didn't want you to think we weren't listening, there are some hoops to jump through to get that search moved up there that is more complicated than just modifying some HTML. It's on our minds though!

#39193 - 06/25/12 09:35 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: TroyR]
PetrifiedJello Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Indiana
Originally Posted By: TroyR
That is one of the issues we wrestle with on the technical side. The shopping cart itself is a completely different technology/platform than the website, and changing the workings of the cart piece is a difficult endeavor, to say the least.

My apologies, as I may have misspoke.

I'm not asking for a new cart system. The current one has suited me well enough for years.

It's the links to the cart I'm annoyed with. The links are all over the place, depending on what page we're on. It would be very helpful if these links were atop each page.

Is there something behind the links that makes moving them (on the page) difficult?

#39198 - 06/25/12 04:29 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: PetrifiedJello]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Is there something behind the links that makes moving them (on the page) difficult?

Yes, they aren't exactly a copy/paste fix/edit. It's on the list to investigate further, however. smile

#39273 - 06/28/12 11:27 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: TroyR]
PetrifiedJello Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Indiana
*huggles

Then I'll wait patiently.

#39344 - 06/30/12 10:19 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Iíve got two option for viewing the Weekly SpecialsÖ
Why canít I get it to look like this ( the Daily deals ) ???
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/JeCcLiDu8tEMi9fNV1/browse/category/4/6112/0

Or this ( Bargain bin ) ???
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/JeCcLiDu8tEMi9fNV1/browse/category/4/2334/0

This is what the two options look like, for the Weekly Specials
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/JeCcLiDu8tEMi9fNV1/browse/category/4/153/0
OR
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/JeCcLiDu8tEMi9fNV1/browse/outline/4/153

It's like the Detailed Option isn't working right...
If it is, I say make it look like the Daliy and Bargain Bin Detailed Option

I'd like to see all of the DVD/Bluray stuff in the Weekly ( Detailed Option ) , like I do in the Daily...

#39836 - 07/13/12 03:07 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: kiku]
The Dark Lord Offline
UPSF Grand Fleet Admiral

Loc: Grimes, Iowa
We've added some more items into the "quick links" under the logo, let us know if these are helpful!
www.rightstuf.com
darklord@rightstuf.com
Become a minion of the Dark Lord today!

#39884 - 07/14/12 02:55 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Wow! That's a total of 3 ways to reach "New/Changed Items" on the RightStuf frontpage.

#40021 - 07/18/12 10:01 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

And the enhancements continue!

If you perform a search from the main site, you will see additional search filters have been added, right next to the list/grid view options.

Now you can filter your search in several ways either by name/title (A-Z, Z-A), Relevance (super secret formula from highest to lowest, although you will probably never use lowest), and also date added (recent-oldest and vice versa). Plus you can change the amount of products displayed per page with an additional filter.

In addition, we have improved the functionality of the menus on mobile devices, too.

Hope everybody finds these useful! smile

Edited by TroyR (07/18/12 10:02 AM)

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.