Topic Options
#45474 - 11/29/12 12:43 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: zrdb]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Originally Posted By: kiku
Thanks for the response Cheap One.

Thanks for the response SD Maruko-kun. I'll keep that in mind if a title I simply must have comes out in that format. There's also something to be said for putting your money where your mouth is. By purchasing said cheap DVD-R's, or conversely, overpriced items, you are showing market interest; thereby increasing demand for such products. Not purchasing them, is almost like voting against them. I've put my money where my mouth is on more than a few occasions. It helps that there's a lot of anime out there. I've also lost a few battles. I'm now the proud owner of two Blu-ray players. Something I have previously said that I would never have. A person's wallet (or purse) speaks volumes, more than their vote I venture. It can tell the industry: "No, I wont pay prices relative to Japan's because I don't live in Japan." or it can tell the industry: "Sure, I'll pay good American dollar for a substandard format because it's the only format available." The choice is yoursours. I have been making some tough decisions, but I spoke my voice, by not purchasing particular items that I otherwise might have purchased; and will try to continue to do so.

Examples:

1.) Wanted the Fate import, but didn't purchase due to outrageous cost; although I have paid more for anime in the past.
2.) Wanted Bakemonogatari fanservice extravaganza, but decided against it due to it's price reflecting the current state of affairs in anime in Japan rather than America (overpriced).
3.) Interested is piqued in recent DVD-R releases, but not interested enough to warrant purchasing a substandard medium.

...Sorry for the rant. Anyhoo, I'm glad I already have Orguss 2 on DVD.

Well-like I said before, if they use cheap ass dvd blanks it won't last long-if you use good quality media like Verbatim or Taiyo Uden it will-trust me on this. I've used cheap media and it only lasted a couple of months in a few cases.
That makes sense zrdb. I've always used Memorex CD's and DVD's. How do you rate memorex in terms of quality?

Advertisement
#45482 - 11/29/12 01:05 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Has anybody noticed... Shamanic Princess got pushed back from January 22nd to April 9th? I don't know why I whine about it, while my "uwatched pile" looms before me so mightily. So much great anime, so very little time.

#45493 - 11/29/12 03:04 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Eh, typical Media blasters delays...
That's why I don't like pre-ordering from them.
I'll get it when Right Stuf it's self says: In Stock.

#45497 - 11/29/12 05:46 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: zrdb
Thanks for the response Cheap One.

Thanks for the response SD Maruko-kun. I'll keep that in mind if a title I simply must have comes out in that format. There's also something to be said for putting your money where your mouth is. By purchasing said cheap DVD-R's, or conversely, overpriced items, you are showing market interest; thereby increasing demand for such products. Not purchasing them, is almost like voting against them. I've put my money where my mouth is on more than a few occasions. It helps that there's a lot of anime out there. I've also lost a few battles. I'm now the proud owner of two Blu-ray players. Something I have previously said that I would never have. A person's wallet (or purse) speaks volumes, more than their vote I venture. It can tell the industry: "No, I wont pay prices relative to Japan's because I don't live in Japan." or it can tell the industry: "Sure, I'll pay good American dollar for a substandard format because it's the only format available." The choice is yoursours. I have been making some tough decisions, but I spoke my voice, by not purchasing particular items that I otherwise might have purchased; and will try to continue to do so.

Examples:

1.) Wanted the Fate import, but didn't purchase due to outrageous cost; although I have paid more for anime in the past.
2.) Wanted Bakemonogatari fanservice extravaganza, but decided against it due to it's price reflecting the current state of affairs in anime in Japan rather than America (overpriced).
3.) Interested is piqued in recent DVD-R releases, but not interested enough to warrant purchasing a substandard medium.

...Sorry for the rant. Anyhoo, I'm glad I already have Orguss 2 on DVD.

Well-like I said before, if they use cheap ass dvd blanks it won't last long-if you use good quality media like Verbatim or Taiyo Uden it will-trust me on this. I've used cheap media and it only lasted a couple of months in a few cases.
That makes sense zrdb. I've always used Memorex CD's and DVD's. How do you rate memorex in terms of quality?

I've had mixed results with Memorex-for a vhs to dvd copy I always use Verbatim blanks and I've never had any problems at all.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#45504 - 11/29/12 09:56 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Talk about a blast from the past.

Level E's special gift is a Slap/Snap Bracelet.

I haven't seen those things in ages and there was a pretty big fad on them back in the 90s.

#45510 - 11/30/12 03:26 AM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
...Rightstuf released a silly AMV that included some Rightstuf warehouse/office footage.
http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/news/individual/?ForumThreadName=FT0000004652

#45533 - 11/30/12 03:27 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

shocked
laugh
That was...
AWESOME!
You rock Dark Lord! grin

#45534 - 11/30/12 08:49 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I don't really know what to make of that........?!?!?

My Anime Bluray Collection

#45658 - 12/04/12 06:36 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoglossia Collection 2 cover art is up.

#45660 - 12/04/12 07:01 PM Re: Has anybody noticed? [Re: kiku]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

I got that bad boy pre-ordered.
Waiting for it and season 2 of Hakuoki.

Page 19 of 71 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 70 71 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.