?
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#38649 - 06/07/12 10:51 AM Re: Updated search results [Re: TroyR]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: TroyR
If you haven't used the main site [search], I highly recommend it. It is getting better and better. smile

I used it yesterday and I don't like it.

You claim it pulls everything with the word(s) in it. You're right and it works a little too good. I just used "Eden of the East" for the search and the first two items that pop up are your free bonuses items, that you get when you order a certain set. The problem with these bonus items is that they are very misleading. They have no product pages of their own (ie broken links) and they always appear on the top of the search results, because the search lists them by lowest price (default option).

Advertisement
#38650 - 06/07/12 11:06 AM Re: Updated search results [Re: joelgundam01]
The Dark Lord Offline
UPSF Grand Fleet Admiral

Loc: Grimes, Iowa
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: TroyR
If you haven't used the main site [search], I highly recommend it. It is getting better and better. smile

I used it yesterday and I don't like it.

You claim it pulls everything with the word(s) in it. You're right and it works a little too good. I just used "Eden of the East" for the search and the first two items that pop up are your free bonuses items, that you get when you order a certain set. The problem with these bonus items is that they are very misleading. They have no product pages of their own (ie broken links) and they always appear on the top of the search results, because the search lists them by lowest price (default option).

The GWP items shouldn't display, I fixed that. I'll make a trip through the list to make sure the rest are handled as well.
www.rightstuf.com
darklord@rightstuf.com
Become a minion of the Dark Lord today!

#38654 - 06/07/12 01:27 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
"Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems.
Please try again later."

I've been getting this a lot when I try to go from page to page...
Like from My Wish List or RightStuf.COM to the Forum, etc....

#38672 - 06/07/12 07:01 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
That's happened to me a few times lately too.

#38677 - 06/07/12 07:39 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I found it! I found the list/grid view option! I like the grid view. It's got pretty pictures. It would be kinda cool if it was available for all search engines on the site. For example: Maybe there could be a selection in your account settings that would put any search you made on the site grid view as long as you were logged (signed) in.

I also discovered the search help question mark next to the search window on the RightStuf main site. That's awesome! It's loaded with great search tactics like the tilde (~). What a great idea. Do those tactics work on internet searches as well? I use " " and + when surfing the world wide intraweb to narrow my search, but all the tactics list in the search help section would further refine my searches. In any case, thanks for the sweet reference page RightStuf!

#39028 - 06/18/12 11:31 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've noticed that the new revamping at RightStuf is hitting the forums now. So far I've been pretty pleased with the changes. Um... except I would like to point something out. The new motif looks nice at Anime Today, but I have a qualm. The old Anime Today layout was full screen and allowed me to see all of the forums at once. The new layout doesn't afford me that luxury. It's pesented in a sort of 4:3 ratio with a whole lot of nothing on the sides. When I get to the boards, I have to scroll down a bit to see the forums on the bottom; namely "Gaming Discussions", "Off Topic Discussions", and "Forum Discussions". It's not that big of a deal, but I don't see the point of taking away the full sceen view. It would be like me throwing out my widescreen television and buying an old 4:3 standard television. It doesn't make sense.

#39030 - 06/18/12 11:47 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
I've noticed that the new revamping at RightStuf is hitting the forums now. So far I've been pretty pleased with the changes. Um... except I would like to point something out. The new motif looks nice at Anime Today, but I have a qualm. The old Anime Today layout was full screen and allowed me to see all of the forums at once. The new layout doesn't afford me that luxury. It's pesented in a sort of 4:3 ratio with a whole lot of nothing on the sides. When I get to the boards, I have to scroll down a bit to see the forums on the bottom; namely "Gaming Discussions", "Off Topic Discussions", and "Forum Discussions". It's not that big of a deal, but I don't see the point of taking away the full sceen view. It would be like me throwing out my widescreen television and buying an old 4:3 standard television. It doesn't make sense.

Plus I canít see all of you post, it runs off the screen on the right.
It took me a minute to realize that, and to slide the image bar thingy at the bottom of my screen
to the right, in order to see all of your Post.
grin

#39105 - 06/21/12 10:13 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The Dark Lord requested feedback in this topic, so here's mine:

I would like it to be easier to logout from RightStuf. As it stands I have to enter my password and go into my account to logout. Maybe it could be right next to the "sign in" button. Or, then again; maybe there's a good reason that the logout isn't available on the storefront.
Thank you RightStuf. kiku loves ya.

#39112 - 06/22/12 08:43 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: kiku]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
Thank you RightStuf. kiku loves ya.

Looks like kiku noticed a little update to the main website... in the top navigation bar, there is now a drop down that lets you quickly sign in, check order status, register or go into your account settings. And if you are logged in - to log out. smile

The forums aren't connected to the main website, so that is why those options aren't on the top here.

Hopefully this helps to sign-in and out. smile

#39115 - 06/22/12 12:21 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
PetrifiedJello Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Indiana
Wow, it's been a while since I've been to TRSI. I had completely forgotten about the new design, and boy, does it knock you in the face. Adjustment is on me, not the design itself.

However, I'd like to point out a beef I've had, even with the old site, in that search/cart links are all over the place. Not to be rude, and certainly not to step on any of the design team, but these two items should appear the top of every page.

The links are sporadically placed. On RS's main page, search is at the top, but on the catalog page, they're all the way at the bottom again.

The cart wouldn't be a huge issue except for one thing: it's where we store our Save For Later items.

I honestly can't remember every title I'm interested in, so this list is my lifesaver when I'm ready to buy in bulk again.
:P

Search is helpful when I'm looking for merchandise, as I primarily use the "Titles by publisher" option.

Other than that, things seem easy to use/find.

Thanks for reading. smile

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.