Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 5 of 59 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59 >
Topic Options
#36221 - 04/14/12 03:20 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Glad I just tried out the demo on Skullgirls, as I don't see myself getting it. It is quite MvC2 in nature and I am not a fan of that kind of 2D fighting.

Advertisement
#36227 - 04/14/12 05:47 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Glad I just tried out the demo on Skullgirls, as I don't see myself getting it. It is quite MvC2 in nature and I am not a fan of that kind of 2D fighting.

I recommend getting Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend then. It has a similar graphics style, but it has two different control schemes. One is like a Dynasty Warrior's control scheme (aka Stylish), where you dial a combo by pressing a single button multiple times and do some stringing. The other one (Tactical) is a much more complex scheme that is solely for the hardcore fans.

#36311 - 04/15/12 10:30 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Xenoblade Chronicles is the greatest RPG that I've ever played. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface and I'm... speechless. It has taken the head of the table in the pantheon of RPG greats such as Chrono Trigger and Earthbound.

#36393 - 04/17/12 12:31 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite video games. It's so anime. I'm guessing that's why it's often referred to as a JRPG. It's not Moe or anything, it's f???ing epic! I'm bewildered by the sheer vastness of Xenoblade Chronicles. Not only in it's world, but the scope of it's story and characters; as well as it's battle and control systems. Awe heck, I'm gonna go play.

#36397 - 04/17/12 01:14 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm guessing that's why it's often referred to as a JRPG.

It is called that because it was made in Japan and it is an RPG. While most modern stuff that is released in North America is wRPG which pretty much just means "Western RolePlaying Game" which means it was made by a North American/European company.

#36450 - 04/18/12 11:52 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've racked up about 70 hours or so on Xenoblade Chronicles, and I'm still bewildered. There's now six people in my adventuring party, three on the field at a time.

#36901 - 04/28/12 03:58 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I filled out my little Skylander army with some more (for a total of 16).

Sonic Boom: Air Type that is a griffin, it's roar attack is pretty good, and it also spits out eggs that hatch into tiny griffin buddies.

Stump Smasher: Life Type basically a walking tree, that has hammer like weapons, it can also spit out acorns for ranged attack.

Double Trouble: Magic Type sort of a witch doctor looking character, it's staff is really cool cause it's like a laser beam that automatically locks onto enemies so you can strafe, it also has exploding mask helpers.

I beat the game already, I just am going through & trying to get 100%.
currntly at about 96%. I took a couple of the Skylanders through most of the Heroic Challenges that I have (you get one with each new figure).

Stealth Elf is powered up with all 16 done (though she is not fully powered cause that would take all 32 to do), Sonic Boom did 15 of them, and some of the others have done a few.

#37105 - 05/02/12 05:44 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Picked up Warriors Orochi 3 yesterday at GameStop. Joel I looked for the fighting game you are always talking about Blazblue but they didn't have any. Might have to pick it up from Amazon

Edited by Cheap One (05/02/12 05:44 PM)

#37107 - 05/02/12 07:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Picked up Warriors Orochi 3 yesterday at GameStop. Joel I looked for the fighting game you are always talking about Blazblue but they didn't have any. Might have to pick it up from Amazon.

They were only carrying the LE version of Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend ($60). My local branch still has it.

For some reason, GameStop decided to pass on the regular version. I bought my copy from New Egg, but Amazon is also a safe bet.

#37787 - 05/18/12 09:56 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Miroyasha Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
I pre ordered ~

Phantom Breaker Special Edition

Record of Agarest War 2 Limited Edition

PB is a fighting game which im not much of a fan of that genre but main reason im getting it is due to the fact its only 40$ bucks and u get a bunch of stuff in the special edition, oh and the game does look pretty good. (At the very least art wise)

Technically i shouldn't be buying RoAW2 yet because ive own the first one for months and its sat in my unplayed pile with like only an hour played so i really need to get to playing it before the 2nd one comes out next month lol. Im just getting it now cause i don't want to miss a shot at the LE and heck i would have bought it eventually anyway. wink

Page 5 of 59 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 58 59 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.