Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#39055 - 06/19/12 09:46 AM What did you just watch (live action)?
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Chocolate

The fight choreography was excellent, the best I've seen in awhile. It was over the top, yet done so well that it was believable. The special features are great to watch. They even have some during the credits. Definitley watch the credits. You wouldn't believe what some of the actors had to go through to film this. Strangely enough; the excellent action is combined with an excellent storyline. More often than not, these two facets don't ride tandem. Yanin "Jeeja" Vismistananda was awesome as the autistic savant Zen. Watching her mimic some of martial art's greatest was a real treat.

Mushi-Shi The Movie

This one was a real mind bender. I think more will be cleared up for me when I watch the anime series. The cinematography was gorgeous. What a cool color palette. There were a lot of muted colors. That leads me to say that it's reminiscent of Tim Burton's work, but Mushi-Shi is it's own beast. I believe that Mushi-Shi used some sort of distinctive filming technique. Blemishes in the film could be seen occasionally, harkening back to the films of yore. It really lent to the overall feel of the film. I'm under the assumption they were put in there purposefully. The Mushi themselves were very well done. Nothing felt out of place. Kudos to the special effects team. My favorite were Tanyu's "characters".

Advertisement
#39060 - 06/19/12 11:38 AM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I rewatched House Of The Flying Daggers yesterday. It was good to see it again as I hadn't watched it in quite some time, love the beauty song(that is what the DVD scene is titled anyway, don't know the real title of it) in it.

#39061 - 06/19/12 11:43 AM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've never seen HOFD, but was very tempted when it was initially released. Would you recommend it to a fan of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Hero?

#39063 - 06/19/12 12:01 PM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yes, I would recommend it to someone who is a fan of those two films. Out of those two I find it has more in common with CTHD, but is more story driven. So if you are looking for a lot of action like in Hero and CTHD then you might be a little disappointed.

Edited by Cheap One (06/20/12 10:42 AM)
Edit Reason: huge brain fart on spelling

#39304 - 06/29/12 04:29 AM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

I'm watching the k-drama "My Wife is a Superwoman." I picked it randomly but it's really good. It's a story about coporate lifestyle and the backstabbing that comes with it. K-drama's are so good at pitting people against each other. I recognized Yoon Sang-hyeon from My Fair Lady (RS listing). He plays a real bastard this time. Anyways, the title come from a wife who's willing to do anything to help her husband succeed at a Fortune 500 company. She wasn't a very nice person in the past and now her bad karma is making life difficult for her and her husband.

#39646 - 07/08/12 01:28 AM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
squigmeister Offline
UPSF Ensign

I'm watching the best live action comedy ever.Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai, im rewatching the hospital batsu game and trying to finish the spy batsu game. pretty much i'm watching lots of random stuff by them.

And if you haven't watched there stuff, go right now WATCH IT. start with the older stuff first you can find a list of it on wikipedia.

#40040 - 07/19/12 06:08 AM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
Nambu Hakase Offline

I'm up to episode 11 of the kdrama Couple or Trouble. It's supposed to be based on a hollywood movie, Overboard, which I never saw (I'm not a fan of Goldie Hawn). The show is good but lacks the tension between characters which makes romantic comedies great.

#40610 - 08/05/12 04:54 AM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
Nambu Hakase Offline

Watching the k-drama Fireworks. I think it's listed as a romance comedy but it's more serious romance. Yes, another absurdly improbable love triangle/pentagon/etc. The translation is a bit weird. Men and women are calling each other "fellow" in a sort of derogatory way. They also use the word "aigoo" a lot leaving it untranslated. Up to episode 17. Yeah, I'm hooked.

#40667 - 08/07/12 12:40 AM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Godzilla Vs Biollante (on VHS) just cause it's been awhile since I watched it.
Really Biollante does not do much to Godzilla & it's pretty much the Military that actually beat Godzilla (which does not happen too often).

BTW there is a glimmer of hope for this 20 plus year old movie to finally get on Blu-Ray & DVD before the end of 2012. Miramax & Echo Bridge are working on it.

There is also a very slim chance the other Godzilla movie, Godzilla 1985 which is still only on VHS (in the USA) might get a DVD as well.
Echo Bridge employee on Toho Kingdom boards has said that since Anchor Bay had the license at one time, they might be able to get it cheap.
Hopefully that's a go for it!

With the hype for Pacific Rim & Legendary Pictures Godzilla (most likely in 2014) they would be silly not to get a bunch of new DVDs & Blu-Rays ready for Godzilla. Hopefully including non-flipper versions of several of the '90s Godzilla movies (some of which were full-screen), and a version of Godzilla 2000 that does have the Japanese version on it (the only version they have is dub only). Plus it would be nice to get the Japanese version of King Kong Vs Godzilla (but I am not holding my breath).

#40690 - 08/07/12 09:00 PM Re: What did you just watch (live action)? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Verus Ultimate Edition

... ... ... WTF!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.