Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#36226 - 04/14/12 05:26 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Vata Raven]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
I'm sure that if RightStuf wanted to dub some of their licensed anime, they could contract Sentai or whomever they wished to do the job.

"Allison and Lillia" and "MM!" and "Living for the Day After Tomorrow" are all licensed by Sentai, though. My question to B-Dub was about how RightStuf is going to manage to persuade Sentai to dub Sentai's own titles.

Edited by Manhiem (04/14/12 06:08 PM)

Advertisement
#36228 - 04/14/12 06:30 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Manhiem]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Manhiem
I'm sure that if RightStuf wanted to dub some of their licensed anime, they could contract Sentai or whomever they wished to do the job.

"Allison and Lillia" and "MM!" and "Living for the Day After Tomorrow" are all licensed by Sentai, though. My question to B-Dub was about how RightStuf is going to manage to persuade Sentai to dub Sentai's own titles.

Hell, you got me !! crazy
( The Thread Title is Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license, so that’s what I did )

I do not know what licenses have expired, or who currently has the Title Rights to what Anime, other are willing to sell off to others..
All I know is I would like to see MM! and Allison and Lillia and the Dirty Pair TV Series get an English DUB !
( I'll take care of this, look elsewhere on the Forum )

#36241 - 04/14/12 09:36 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: BWBODDY]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Hell, you got me !! crazy
( The Thread Title is Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license, so that’s what I did )
I do not know what licenses have expired, or who currently has the Title Rights to what Anime, other are willing to sell off to others..
All I know is I would like to see MM! and Allison and Lillia and the Dirty Pair TV Series get an English DUB !
( I'll take care of this, look elsewhere on the Forum )

The US companies can't sell off a license to someone else. Either the license has to expire or it reverts back to Japan, because of some odd reason such as a company going out of business.

When it comes to licenses they usually last for 5-8 years.

Right Stuf is a great tool to find out how old a title is and who has it. wink

#36247 - 04/14/12 10:27 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: joelgundam01]
Vata Raven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: TN
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
The US companies can't sell off a license to someone else. Either the license has to expire or it reverts back to Japan, because of some odd reason such as a company going out of business.

When it comes to licenses they usually last for 5-8 years.

Right Stuf is a great tool to find out how old a title is and who has it. wink

I don't think a license has to expire if another dubbing studio wants to dub an anime. Aniplex and Funimation has done it a few times, they more or less just work together, I think...if they ever choice so.

#36250 - 04/14/12 11:38 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Vata Raven]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Vata Raven
I don't think a license has to expire if another dubbing studio wants to dub an anime. Aniplex and Funimation has done it a few times, they more or less just work together, I think...if they ever choice so.

Bad example! Your example is dealing with two separate licenses.

For example, Bacanno comes into mind. Funimation acquired the DVD rights, while Aniplex USA acquired the Blu-ray rights. The licenses between the two titles was split. Since Aniplex Japan owns the franchise, Aniplex USA had access to all of the materials that Funimation made for the show (dub, subs, extras).

Dubbing studios don't acquire anime titles. They only do contract work for the anime studios that own the license to the show.

There's no way in heck that Sentai is going to sub-license to another company to get a sub only title dubbed. Sentai dubs everything that they believe will benefit from it. If a sub only license doesn't get a dub, then it's a good indication that the title just broke even or bombed.

Edited by joelgundam01 (04/14/12 11:46 PM)

#36258 - 04/15/12 01:28 AM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Chrisc]
Vata Raven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: TN
I just want Junjo dubbed. They got Gravitation dubbed, but not Junjo, which is one of the only yaoi titles out there that got 24+ episodes, and a possible 3rd season being worked on. <.<...and oddly enough, the same studio that did GetBackers did this one as well.

#38448 - 06/04/12 10:24 AM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Chrisc]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
The Adventures of Kotetsu OVA (Egnlish Dub)

#38458 - 06/04/12 12:08 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
The Adventures of Kotetsu OVA (Egnlish Dub)
I second the motion.

#40012 - 07/17/12 11:16 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: Chrisc]
LaughingMan Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Niagara Falls. Canada
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou (Daily Lives of Highschool Boys)

I was soooo close to purchasing it while I was in Japan in May, but I thought I should hold off. Why pay the equivalent of $103 for no subtitles when I could pay less than half that in the future, when purchased through RightStuf? =D

#41892 - 09/16/12 11:15 PM Re: Suggested anime for Right Stuf to license [Re: LaughingMan]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Does anyone know the status on the rights to Kyo Kara Maoh? I haven't heard anything for a while and I really wish they could bring out the rest of the series.

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.