Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 >
Topic Options
#38206 - 05/29/12 09:27 AM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
The Captain Harlock Movie..
Arcadia of My Youth
The 130 minute full length version

Wouldn't Discotek be more likely to pick that one up, since they're also releasing other Leiji Matsumoto anime?
(I already have the AnimEigo "Arcadia of My Youth" though... wink )

Licensing suggestion on the "snowball's chance in hell" front: the remaining Twelve Kingdoms novels...

Hell if I know………. confused
Thread is
-Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests-
So I did. grin
( I’m making a suggestion, let them do the research )

Advertisement
#38244 - 05/30/12 05:05 AM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: BWBODDY]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Hell if I know………. confused
Thread is
-Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests-
So I did. grin
( I’m making a suggestion, let them do the research )

OK.
I was just trying to point out that AFAIK it's very rare for a company to grab a title if another company is still actively releasing another/other title(s) of the same franchise/universe/multiverse.
(well, perhaps there are at times big companies like Warner muscling in to grab away a movie, there's the Urusei Yatsura movies oddness and I can't remember if Tenchi Muyo was also in that category when it started branching out in many directions...)

#38245 - 05/30/12 08:17 AM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: Alison Roberts]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
True, it's unusual, but not unheard of. For instance:

While Media Blasters holds the license for the first season of "Ah! My Goddess", ADV had the license for the second season until Funimation picked it up from them. On the other hand, Geneon holds/held the rights to the movie. And until the license lapsed recently, AnimEigo held the license to the original OVA.

Similarly, while ADV originally held the licenses for "Full Metal Panic!" and "FUUMOFU", Funimation snagged the license for "The Second Raid". Of course, Funimation now has the entire series, but it wasn't always that way.

A third example is "Hell Girl" - Funimation holds the license to season 1, which is dubbed, while Sentai Filmworks holds the licenses to seasons 2 & 3, which are consequently not dubbed.

Finally, ADV/Sentai held the license for NGE, but a studio named WEA held the license for the crucial ending movie "The End of Evangelion".

I might be able to come up with further examples, but I'm sure that you can see what I'm getting at.

Edited by Manhiem (05/30/12 08:31 AM)

#38246 - 05/30/12 11:00 AM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: Alison Roberts]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

A very recent example is Queen's Blade. Media Blasters owns the first two seasons and Sentai Filmworks owns the currently airing season.

#38256 - 05/30/12 02:26 PM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: Alison Roberts]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I wonder if the split licensing inhibits complete releases. I know I jumped at the new release of Martian Successor Nadesico without a second thought because the set was so complete.

#38259 - 05/30/12 02:52 PM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: Alison Roberts]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

I'm sure that it would inhibit complete releases, since no one company can release the entire series under those conditions. That's why I appreciate Nozomi - taking "Dirty Pair" and "Nadesico" as examples, they set the standard for gathering all of the pieces of the puzzle, so to speak.

It would be nice if Sentai could get the remaining pieces of "Kino's Journey" and release a complete set, as Funi did with "Kaleido Star" not too long ago. It would also be nice if someone could license all of the various OVAs that have been released for "Ah! My Goddess" over the last few years, as well as "Fighting Wings". But I digress.

#38271 - 05/30/12 07:10 PM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: Manhiem]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

There's more than 13 episodes of Kino's Journey? I've got the 3 DVD Comlete Collection release from ADV. If there's more Kino, I want it.

#38276 - 05/30/12 08:04 PM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: Alison Roberts]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

There is more Kino, but the remaining pieces have never had a North American release, to my knowledge.

#38277 - 05/30/12 09:03 PM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kiku
There's more than 13 episodes of Kino's Journey? I've got the 3 DVD Comlete Collection release from ADV. If there's more Kino, I want it.

Yep! Two films (30 minutes each) and an OVA (episode 0).

#38278 - 05/30/12 09:39 PM Re: Nozomi Entertainment Licensing Suggestions & Requests - 2012 [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Whaaat? There are so many untapped sequels and spinoffs that never make make it over the sea. It's such a shame. Kiddy Grade for example, apparently has a second season called Kiddy Girl-and.

Page 9 of 20 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 19 20 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.