Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#40023 - 07/18/12 12:58 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: TroyR]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: TroyR
And the enhancements continue!

If you perform a search from the main site, you will see additional search filters have been added, right next to the list/grid view options.

Can you add a filter that sorts by "price"?

Advertisement
#40024 - 07/18/12 01:12 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: joelgundam01]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
Maybe filter is inaccurate, more like sort.

I'm not sure about that - but I will check!

#40026 - 07/18/12 01:40 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: joelgundam01]
Richard Harms Offline

UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Can you add a filter that sorts by "price"?
It is on the list of enhancements that will be added to it at some point. Right now, though, there's a couple complications and price isn't part of the index that we're using for the new search.

#40028 - 07/18/12 03:23 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: Richard Harms]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I would assume that one of said complications would be the fluctuating nature of "price" as data in the search equation, especially considering RightStuf's penchant for sales bargains.

#40035 - 07/18/12 04:35 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: kiku]
Richard Harms Offline

UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: kiku
I would assume that one of said complications would be the fluctuating nature of "price" as data in the search equation, especially considering RightStuf's penchant for sales bargains.
There's a number of different prices that we sell items for, with the easiest examples being how we sell our own label's items to other retailers, or the daily deals and weekly specials. The index that we're using right now to drive the new search is an item-centric search, coming off a view of the information that is aware of all the different pricing but doesn't know what the lowest store price is.

To sort by the "lowest available price in the store from all possible prices" is something we don't have indexed right now, and it required a more store-centric view of the items.

It's a weird point-of-view thing for the data issue, and I probably explained it poorly here, but it is high on the list of things I want to offer. We have a lot of pretty awesome (IMHO) search enhancements coming. What we have out now was really just laying the foundation for them.

#41001 - 08/17/12 10:53 AM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

What happened to the little triangles at the right of the differnet sections on the storefront (featured items, new releases, preorders)? It's not a big deal, I was just wondering. The most popular (or featured) four items were always up front, but you could hit the little triangle on the right to (scroll) look at the runner's up, honorable mentions, or last week's nominees as it were. The only reason I say anything is they did sort of serve a purpose. Someone who hasn't visited the site in awhile could quickly see what was happening while they were absent. I'm not petiioning for the return of the feature, I'm aware that there is a "more" button to hit to look at the rest of each category. I just noticed the feature's absence. "Ya don't know what you got, till it's gone."

#41016 - 08/17/12 04:54 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
Hi Kiku, I think that was just the page of top sellers? There is something similar here:

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/categories

Im not sure if that is what you are looking for. If not, can you explain some more? smile

Thanks!

#41019 - 08/17/12 09:12 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: TroyR]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I was referring to the storefront (frontpage). "New Releases", "Featured Items" and "Hot Preorders" all display 4 items. There used to be a small orange button on the right side of each category, with which you could scroll and look at more items from that category; without leaving the storefront (frontpage)... or I could be crazy. crazy

#41024 - 08/17/12 11:01 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: The Dark Lord]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

It is still there Kiku. I do notice every so often it will be gone, but after a few moments it normally returns.

#41032 - 08/18/12 09:00 PM Re: New website - some details of new features [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

They're baaack. Maybe I am crazy. Don't worry about the voices in my head... we get along just fine.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.