Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#33577 - 02/29/12 12:11 PM simple pleasures
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
In the hustle and bustle of this world we live in, it's altogether too infrequent that we step back for a second (much less a minute) and take a breath. On this dreary day, I'm enjoying a freshly ground, brewed, and pressed hot and steaming cup of Peruvian coffee. It didn't cost me a lot of money, but it really takes the edge off of the wet & cold outside. Yesterday I met with an old friend and we went out for Asian. I enjoyed my meal with chopsticks, and my conversation with surprisingly good Oolong dinner tea. I think it was Oolong anyhow. Tea with dinner is actually quite good for not only digestion, but enjoyment as well. I just sat back, looked out the window, sipped my tea, and soaked up the wisdom my buddy imparted to me; kidding...or am I. I have a little time to post today, and I'm thankful for that as well. We (all of us) keep so busy all the time. It's as if I we're trying desperately to hurry up and age. "Quick, spend all your time making money so you can spend it all on medical bills as you get older." This tenet is ever present, but I refuse to let it get me down. It's bad for the soul. If you can turn off all the negative stimuli surrounding you (stress, media, etc..) for just a moment, you just might be able to step back and realize how beautiful this world is once in a blue moon.

Advertisement
#37070 - 05/02/12 07:30 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Wow !!! ( The clam has been almost Zen like )
I realize I’m " Risking Ending It " by posting about it, but the relative calm that has
Settled over the Forum for the last few days is nice and my Blood Pressure seems lower.

Now asking a totally unrelated question *cough, cough , cough* ( & a wink ) where’s
Blankety-Blank been ! ( ? )

Edited by BWBODDY (05/02/12 04:22 PM)
Edit Reason: Sorry if you haven't already read what the name was

#37074 - 05/02/12 09:47 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Haha, so that is why its been quite?

#37076 - 05/02/12 09:50 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Haha, so that is why its been quite?

*grin*

#37086 - 05/02/12 11:51 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

*see: "Anime/Manga Subculture Terminology" topic

#37115 - 05/02/12 09:19 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Well-I for one don't miss "fill in the blank"-the forum is a quieter and calmer place without him or her (as the case may be).

My Anime Bluray Collection

#37124 - 05/03/12 12:56 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I'm pretty sure she was just some lonely girl named Melissa who wanted some sort of place to vent her love for everything Yayoi...

Plus she apparently lived way out in the middle of nowhere since she had no clue who half the people we were talking about were.

I am not saying that is a bad thing, but it's kinda rare in today's rather high tech environment. Where you can get info in under 10 seconds about stuff you did not know about, or even stuff you did not want to know about.

#45826 - 12/07/12 10:56 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I found this littlepiece of serendipity today:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

#46303 - 12/18/12 08:37 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: ]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: animeana
That was nice. I'm new in this forum site and hoping to have cool conversation with other members during my stay.

Hello animeana... Welcome to the Forum... grin

#46321 - 12/18/12 07:14 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: ]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Welcome to Anime Today animeana.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.