Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#36229 - 04/14/12 06:31 PM Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Allison and Lillia, MM! and The Dirty Pair TV Series.
Oh please give me an English Dub and I’ll buy’em !
grin

Edited by BWBODDY (04/14/12 06:52 PM)

Advertisement
#36230 - 04/14/12 06:52 PM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: BWBODDY]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
"Living for the Day After Tomorrow" could also use a dub. Anyone that liked "Freaky Friday", "Big", or "13 Going on 30" might like this one, and they'd have a bigger audience for it if it was dubbed.

#36231 - 04/14/12 06:55 PM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: BWBODDY]
Vata Raven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: TN
Just not Sentai, RightStuf, Media Blasters, Aniplex, and NISA need to get it together and only license things they plan to dub. Or finally go the way getting their own in-house studio.

Sentai has their own studio and as does Funimation, and they're in better shape than the people that don't have their own because it costs a lot less that way or I don't think Funimation would be dubbing nearly as much if they had to spend nearly 10-15 grand an episode to get a series dubbed. I think they spend like 5 grand since they have their own studio.

I would hate having Media Blasters having their own, I think they might end up abusing it and get even more hentai dubbed. But I just don't understand why people that do into the business of dubbing anime, a niche market, wouldn't have their own studio. I think it would save them money.

#36233 - 04/14/12 07:04 PM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: BWBODDY]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I personally don't see MM! getting a dub, as it is little more then a fan service anime and not a very good one at that. From what I have seen of Allison and Lillia it seems like a cute show, and may get a dub in time.

#36234 - 04/14/12 07:06 PM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: Manhiem]
Vata Raven Offline

Originally Posted By: Manhiem
"Living for the Day After Tomorrow" could also use a dub. Anyone that liked "Freaky Friday", "Big", or "13 Going on 30" might like this one, and they'd have a bigger audience for it if it was dubbed.

I think any anime that gets dubbed magically gets a bigger audience. I think people that read a summary and they like how interesting it sounds, they'll be pursued to buy it because it's in their language.

<.<...but seriously, they don't even try to match the lip flaps in Japan, at least we try over here. And I personally think an English dub of an anime over here can save it, even if it's boring or has no plot.

#36235 - 04/14/12 07:34 PM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: BWBODDY]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I have said it before, but it makes ZERO sense that Emma A Victorian Romance (from Nozomi) was never dubbed. It's totally set in Victorian England, and yet nobody speaks English?

#36237 - 04/14/12 07:53 PM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: EricDent]
Vata Raven Offline

Originally Posted By: EricDent
I have said it before, but it makes ZERO sense that Emma A Victorian Romance (from Nozomi) was never dubbed. It's totally set in Victorian England, and yet nobody speaks English?

It's sort of like how Japanese VAs can't have a British accent or Russian one, like for stuff like Black Butler or Hetalia. Some directors say that they like the English dubs more than the original because they turn out better. I honestly think the VAs over in Japan even try. Why do they all sound alike over there?

I don't think I would even buy Emma A Victorian Romance. It's about Romance and set in Victorian England...that sounds like a dreaded shojo anime.

Edited by Vata Raven (04/14/12 07:57 PM)

#36253 - 04/15/12 12:33 AM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: BWBODDY]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Actually Emma is a Slice of Life with Romance. With a bit of drama & history thrown in.

It's very good, and I would buy it in an instant if it was dubbed.
For a sub-only title it's kinda expensive (though there is a bundle deal, it's still about $60 for 26 episodes (both seasons are 12 episodes)).

#36255 - 04/15/12 12:47 AM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: Vata Raven]
Nambu Hakase Offline

Originally Posted By: Vata Raven
I would hate having Media Blasters having their own, I think they might end up abusing it and get even more hentai dubbed.

Dubbed hentai is a real mood killer.

Start a campaign at Chip In "Allison & Lillia Dubbed". Once you meet your goal of $100,000 Sentai can start dubbing your title.

#36257 - 04/15/12 01:17 AM Re: Anime Sentai needs to DUB into ENGLISH [Re: EricDent]
Vata Raven Offline

Originally Posted By: EricDent
Actually Emma is a Slice of Life with Romance. With a bit of drama & history thrown in.

It's very good, and I would buy it in an instant if it was dubbed.
For a sub-only title it's kinda expensive (though there is a bundle deal, it's still about $60 for 26 episodes (both seasons are 12 episodes)).

Guess you don't like it enough to buy it sub-only.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.