Start Shopping! Cart
Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33 34 >
Topic Options
#39712 - 07/10/12 11:44 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Just finished what Tokypop published of Priest. I wish they had tried to finish it before they closed doors.

Advertisement
#40036 - 07/18/12 07:12 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
bacon027 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Illinois
I just finished book one of House of Five Leaves and I thought it was pretty good. Does anybody have any suggestions on a manga I should read? As of right now I'm reading Black Bird, Black Butler, High School of the Dead, Rosario Vampire and Ouran High School Host Club. I'm open to pretty much anything so drop me a line and give me some ideas. Thanks

#40231 - 07/24/12 09:53 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just got done reading Highschool Of The Dead Volume 7.

We get some nice reactions to the end of Volume 6, which I like a lot. As the ending of Volume 6 to me really set what was happening to them not seen since Volume 1 when everything started. We get some nice progress to the story and from the looks of it I can easily see this series ending with Volume 8 when/if it finally comes out in Japan.

Also very excited about something that happens, but it is a big spoiler so I will talk about it below

Click to reveal..
In Act 29 Dead In The Rain. We get to meet Rei's mother and for a second I thought Rei's mother would meet the same fate as Alice's father. But thankfully Rei shows up and everything ends well with her mom joining the group to go meet Rei's father and Takeshi's mother at a school.

#40362 - 07/29/12 12:10 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Aaron Offline
UPSF Ensign

I haven't started reading it(High School of the Dead) but... I would love a season 2 but that is the way i feel with a lot of anime. frown

I have been reading Freezing one of my new favorites.

Edited by Aaron (07/29/12 12:12 AM)

#41270 - 08/25/12 11:05 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Omamori Himari 8 came in Friday. Read some of it, hoping to finish it tonight.

#43965 - 10/29/12 09:57 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I'm about halfway through volume two of Qwaser Of Stigmata.

#44114 - 11/02/12 12:16 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: EricDent
I am re-reading Azumanga Daioh for the dozenth (or so) time.
It still cracks me up everytime, it's so darn cute & funny.
I'm watching the anime right now. It is sooo cute and hilarious. Is the manga as good?

#44115 - 11/02/12 12:30 PM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just finished the first chapter of Omamori Himari volume 1. I love it! The art style is fantastic. It should be noted that the artist (Milan Matra?) has a flair for keeping the art crisp and clean, without oversimplifying it. I mean to say that in any given panel; the art is emotionally charged, yet at the same time it's relatively easy to distinguish things like: what is going on, who's who, and who's saying what. This appears to be a tall order in manga, but Milan Matra pulls it off with aplomb. The best part is, Milan Matra appears to have an affinity for pantsu that rivals even mine. Here's an interesting little tidbit of information regarding Milan Matra that I pulled from ANN:

His pen name came from the portable anti-tank missile MILAN (French: Missile d´infanterie léger antichar) and its manufacturer Matra (now part of MBDA).

@ joelgundam01 and Cheap One - Thanks again guys for guiding me to this most glorious of manga. It was your rave reviews and advice that were the impetus of my discovery of this little gem.

@ joelgundam01 and Cheap One(again) - Shame on you for pushing me down this rabbit hole called manga! Will I ever find my way back out?

#44133 - 11/03/12 01:32 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Some people think the Azumanga Daioh manga is better than the show.
Like Lucky Star it's a 4 panel type comic.
Some of the comic timing is a bit better in the manga than the show.

However the dub voices just put it slightly over the manga.

Though like I stated both of them have kinda sad endings (cause it's so fun you never want it to end).

I personally have the rather out of print ADV Manga version of it.
The more recent Yen Press version is an omnibus (all 4 volumes in one huge book). I heard Azuma cleaned up or redid some of the art for this version.
I personally have not looked at it to see the differences.

The omnibus is kinda expensive at about $26.
So I have not really been in a rush to get it.
I don't think the library carries it either.

#44139 - 11/03/12 08:25 AM Re: What manga are you reading/just finished reading? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Thanks for the info. EricDent.

Page 3 of 34 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 33 34 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.