?
Page 2 of 713 < 1 2 3 4 ... 712 713 >
Topic Options
#3526 - 10/18/08 10:37 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Tsunami3k]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: Tsunami3k
Saikano has a very high emotional factor, I'd say well in excess of your example titles. It's a great show and is absolutely worth every burning tear shed for it.

True. I didn't know what i was getting into when i first watched it. However it turned out to be a very good show and would reccommend watching it. Also, if you haven't already, give Air a shot as well.

Advertisement
#3534 - 10/18/08 02:12 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Antics Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Canada
Wow that's quite the haul Zaraki & Hobby Ninja. Would hate to see the bill on those orders lol. How is Gilgamesh? looks dark and gothic from the clips I've seen of it.

#3535 - 10/18/08 03:25 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Alpha_Zeon Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: MS
I was way to unsure about whether or not I'd like the character designs in Gilgamesh. Also, is there any reasoning behind buying the Vol.01+Artbox and the other volumes over the Thinpack?

#3542 - 10/18/08 05:14 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
GreenGel Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
Just picked up Read or Die vols. 2,3,4 and 6 along with Shuffle vol. 3 (which finishes off the series for me.) I still need to pick up vol. 1 and 5 of RoD to finish off the series.

(The FYE at my local(ish) mall has several boxes of anime from Geneon at a special Buy One, Get One deal, which is why I've picked up so many titles this month.)

#3543 - 10/18/08 08:48 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: GreenGel]
ZARAKI11 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Hawaii
Originally Posted By: GreenGel
Just picked up Read or Die vols. 2,3,4 and 6 along with Shuffle vol. 3 (which finishes off the series for me.) I still need to pick up vol. 1 and 5 of RoD to finish off the series.

(The FYE at my local(ish) mall has several boxes of anime from Geneon at a special Buy One, Get One deal, which is why I've picked up so many titles this month.)

My local FYE also had the same sale on Geneon. I ended up picking up all four Hellsing Ultimate titles beacause of this sale.

#3557 - 10/19/08 12:30 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: ZARAKI11]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
For me this month

Aria season 1
Claymore 1 + artbox
Galaxy Railways
Please Teacher anime legends
School Rumble season 2 pt 1

#3561 - 10/19/08 03:52 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Antics]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Antics
Wow that's quite the haul Zaraki & Hobby Ninja. Would hate to see the bill on those orders lol. How is Gilgamesh? looks dark and gothic from the clips I've seen of it.

I have only seen one episode, but yes it is dark and gothic. I have a habit of learning about a series I think I might like and then collecting the entire series before watching more of it. It seems to work for me because I know my tastes better than anyone else so I've very seldom pick up anything I end up not liking.grin

#3563 - 10/19/08 04:36 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: Alpha_Zeon
I was way to unsure about whether or not I'd like the character designs in Gilgamesh. Also, is there any reasoning behind buying the Vol.01+Artbox and the other volumes over the Thinpack?

Because I started getting it piecemeal when I could afford it. I haven't always had to have a thinpacks although the dwindling space in my house is suggesting I think otherwise. With the recent problems in the anime industry I am starting to change the way I purchase anime now. I have already started buying more box sets than I used to. Plus, Gilgamesh and a few other discontinued titlesgrin I've been picking up at Rightstuf at good prices will probaly be some of the last individual discs I'll collect.

#3564 - 10/19/08 04:38 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Antics]
otakuden Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: somewhere south of normal

been there. done it and did it for years.
now i'm paying off the bills so all purchases are in ze black, not ze red smile
sides, i have enough backlog from AWA to keep me busy for quite a while.

#3567 - 10/19/08 04:54 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: otakuden]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: otakuden

been there. done it and did it for years.
now i'm paying off the bills so all purchases are in ze black, not ze red smile
sides, i have enough backlog from AWA to keep me busy for quite a while.

With the price of gas and groceries lately I have had to cut back some. I checked my bank statement and I've been spending only about 50% of what I was on anime at the begining of the year.frown

Page 2 of 713 < 1 2 3 4 ... 712 713 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.