Aria:the Natural Part 1
Pumpkin Scissors 6

Advertisement
#3677 - 10/24/08 04:30 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Chrisc]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

• inuyasha season 5,6 box sets
  • ranma 1/2 movie box set

^I also purchased inuyasha. I'm rewatching inuyasha (subbed this time) after a 3yr hiatus. I couldn't pass up the 40% sale. TRS has made a friend wink

#3681 - 10/24/08 12:27 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Nambu Hakase]
GreenGel Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Hudson Valley, NY
I was thinking of purchasing more given the Viz sale, but I couldn't justify the expense right now so I just ordered/pre-ordered:

Bleach Graphic Novels 9-26
Rosario Vampire GN 1-6
Death Note Box set 1
Zombie Powder 1-4

That'll have to be it for this sale, though I did want to get a bunch more that I'll just have to wait on.

#3686 - 10/24/08 08:48 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: GreenGel]
long time lurker Offline

Loc: through the looking glass
Alright, so 2 of my long LONG awaited orders showed up today. Code Geass boxy-box, My-Otome vol 6 and 7 from TRSI. This order has been on endless back order from like 4 months ago or better. And my Hellsing ultimate limited edition showed up from another online store that shall remain unnamed at this time. HOWEVER!!!! I also had another item in my box from them, it.... it SHOULD have been Karin vol 5 but it was in fact Moonphase the complete collection. It is even on my packing slip as Karin.

Me being the good guy that I am, I called them up and said, "HEY! What’s the deal with this box?" in my best Jerry Signfield impression. And they said that they will ship out my Karin DVD and because they have absolutely no record of that copy of Moonphase leaving that I could just keep it because it would be more of a hassle to get it back into inventory. I guess the returns are in a different state completely from the warehouse. So woot and stuff.
And slowly, you'll come to realize. It's all as it should be. You can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a trade off. We could loose it all, but we'll go down fighting.

#3689 - 10/25/08 09:49 AM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: long time lurker]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
LUCKYYYY!smile

#3696 - 10/25/08 04:12 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
LuckySeven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Macon, Georgia, USA
Well last week I ordered all the single volumes of Koi Kaze, Risky Safety, and Strawberry Eggs. But while I'm waiting for those to arrive, something in the back of my mind told me to go visit the local MovieStop store. And I am glad that I did. So now I also have all the single volumes of two classics I've been wanting for a long time, FLCL and Outlaw Star. Best of all, I spent less than $42 (including tax) for it.

My YouTube Channel
My Collection

#3744 - 10/27/08 06:37 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Tsunami3k]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Originally Posted By: Tsunami3k

[Planning to Order]
-DVD-
Boys over Flower 1-10
Ranma 1/2 Box 1-7
Pumpkin Scissors 5, 6
Welcome to the NHK 6

Ordered Pumpkin Scissors 5&6 and Welcome to the NHK 6 but got worked up about the Full Moon O Sagashite issue [again] (here' lookin' at you Otakuden wink ) so I scrapped my plans to get all of Boys Over Flowers and Ranma 1/2. I did buy and enjoy the Ranma OAV some time ago but pondering Full Moon's fate again sorta sucked the wind out of my sails.

In their place I'm getting a TTGL Yoko figure and I'm teetering on the brink of getting a Little Busters Yuiko figure. It's way more ecchi than anything I've gotten thus far but it's damn, damn cute.

Just ordered these from the TRSI/Nozomi sale:

Aria The Natural DVD Collection Part 1
Gakuen Alice DVD Complete Collection
Maria Watches Over Us Season 2
Maria Watches Over Us Season 3
Toward the Terra Movie
Irresponsible Captain Tylor OVA LE

I had been misinformed by the interwebs that the crew's mood towards Tylor was incongruous with where the TV series left off (i.e. they revert to thinking he's an idiot and are mistrustful as if someone hit the reset button). I only just heard from someone recently that the OAV is set within the TV series timeline so to behavior does make sense. I hope my new source is right because I went ahead and picked it up.

Now the trick is to figure out how to watch anime faster than it piles up...

#3763 - 10/28/08 08:03 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Tsunami3k]
Alpha_Zeon Offline

Loc: MS
Shingu: Secret of the Stellar Wars: bought!

Was thinking about The Third, but was wondering...is there gonna be just a boxset version, or am I gonna hafta get all the singles and the single+artbox? Ya know, I do like those normal dvd cases that carry 6 dvds like my Overman King Gainer boxset (its not a box, its just a regular old dvd case that holds 6, YES SIX, dvds) or I could do with those thinpak sets that ADV gots smile.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z48/Alpha_Zeon/Bandai.jpg

Bottom row inbetween Banner of the Stars II and Cowboy Bebop. There lies the Overman King Gainer 6dvd-in-1dvd case masterpiece of engineering. Excuse the glare. The picture was taken atop my bed and my light was on (it was dark out) so it was impossible to completely remove the glare. Atleast no easy means that came to mind anyway.

#3767 - 10/28/08 08:55 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
WhtHawk Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: KS
The first title I've seen that really needs Blu-ray

Vexille Blu-ray Special Edition

#3769 - 10/28/08 10:42 PM Re: What anime did you just buy? [Re: Alpha_Zeon]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Originally Posted By: Alpha_Zeon
Ya know, I do like those normal dvd cases that carry 6 dvds like my Overman King Gainer boxset (its not a box, its just a regular old dvd case that holds 6, YES SIX, dvds) or I could do with those thinpak sets that ADV gots smile.

Gads I hope Bandai's recent packaging trend doesn't catch on. It's nearly impossible from a quick glance to differentiate between a single volume from a full series at a glance. I've completely looked over titles on store shelves for months before realizing it wasn't just a single volume of that series. It's shelf presence is also rather anemic when it's on your own shelves at home. ADV-style thinpaks all the way!

Added today:
Towards the Terra DVD Set Part 2
Simoun Vol. 5

Page 5 of 740 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 739 740 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.