Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 ... 58 59 >
Topic Options
#34742 - 03/17/12 12:37 PM What video game did you just buy?
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I just preordered Xenoblade Chronicles for the Nintendo Wii. This could turn out to be the greatest RPG on the system. I can't wait.

Advertisement
#34745 - 03/17/12 12:51 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I'm excited for Xenoblade to finally come to America. Don't really understand what took NOA so long to bring it over.

#34746 - 03/17/12 12:53 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

You've been following it too? Wii RPG fans rejoice!

#34748 - 03/17/12 12:58 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I currently don't own any Wii RPGs, but I do enjoy the RPG genre. My favorite genres are Fighter, RPG and Action/Adventure(since those two are pretty much just shoved together nowadays).

#34749 - 03/17/12 01:24 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Yeah, that was kinda the point I was making. Wii owners have, until now, pretty much been left out in the cold in the RPG genre. I hope that this installment is somewhat stand alone, because I haven't played any of the other Xeno titles. I wonder if I should check out the anime Xenosaga to brush up first? http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/YWi4SlvZwZDVgCtqe7/browse/item/92361/4/0/0

#34863 - 03/18/12 09:22 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Kinda considering buying the Skylanders game for the Wii (the latest Spyro game), but not sure how much I want to invest in it.

It's on sale at where I work for about $40 for the starter version that comes with the game, the stand, and 3 figures.

However in order to play the game to the fullest, you have to buy more figures that are about $10 each, or $20 for 3.

Plus there is some new thing that actually unlocks a new level as well for about $20.

Is this the future of video games, where you have to constantly buy new stuff in order to unlock stuff already in the game?

Also let me know if Xenoblade is any good!

I played the Xenogears game on the PS1, and Xenosaga (Part 1 only) on PS2. Both were cool as heck, and Xenogears did have some pretty cool mechs.

The Xenosaga anime does cover pretty much the first game (that I can remember) and is pretty cool to boot. KOS-MOS kicks some serious butt (and of course she is voiced in a rather stoic fashion by Luci Christian).

It also features all the other regulars over in ADV land, since it was originally one of their titles.

#34864 - 03/18/12 09:43 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Vata Raven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: TN
Skylanders should come with 3 figured, so you don't have to get anymore to play it. Now, if you want to play more characters, you'd have to pay up the extra money to get the figures.

#34871 - 03/18/12 10:56 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: EricDent
Also let me know if Xenoblade is any good!

I played the Xenogears game on the PS1, and Xenosaga (Part 1 only) on PS2. Both were cool as heck, and Xenogears did have some pretty cool mechs.

The Xenosaga anime does cover pretty much the first game (that I can remember) and is pretty cool to boot. KOS-MOS kicks some serious butt (and of course she is voiced in a rather stoic fashion by Luci Christian).

It also features all the other regulars over in ADV land, since it was originally one of their titles.
If you enjoyed the other installments and own a Wii, Xenoblade Chronicles is a must. Preorder now! I've been reading up on it in Nintendo Power for some time now. I'm so excited to finally be receiving an epic role playing game for the Wii.

#35074 - 03/22/12 03:20 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Well I think in order to beat the game (I could be wrong) you have to have at least one character (figure) from each element.

As for Xenoblade, since its supposedly a Gamestop exclusive, I am sure they will have a ton of them.

#35166 - 03/23/12 02:24 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
TroyR Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa, U.S.
Last game I bought was Skyward Sword. Been a few weeks since Ive been able to play. (hangs head in shame) Most of the wii games just don't appeal to me, and I don't have an xbox or PS3

#35171 - 03/23/12 02:47 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Skyward Sword's ending is great. I highly suggest you push to reach it, as the ending cut scene is so worth it.

Sadly I have to agree with the Wii comment, if Nintendo ever does to Zelda what they do to Starfox and F-Zero I think it would end my buying of nintendo consoles.

#35195 - 03/24/12 12:02 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I beat Skyward Sword on Hero Mode. You're right about the ending sequence Cheap One. The final battle is crazy awesome! Exhilarating to say the least.

#35200 - 03/24/12 12:20 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Vata Raven Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Loc: TN
...I hate the Wii, I haven't even gotten past the first temple for Skyward Sword. I can't roll the bomb flowers worth crap.

#35229 - 03/24/12 08:09 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Hmmm, the bombs don't show up till the 2nd temple. So you must have gotten past the first temple to even try to roll the bombs.

Edited by Cheap One (03/24/12 08:09 AM)

#35234 - 03/24/12 12:36 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I love bomb bowling, especially nailing those little critters hiding in their little caves spewing fire; so satisfying. smirk

#35240 - 03/24/12 12:45 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I hate those creatures. Lost a lot of hearts on that part my first time through. Pro Tip for bomb bowling though, if you are sitting down while playing Skyward Sword sit to where you can hang your arm down so you can hold the Wiimote down and make an up motion. That will help a ton and a lot easier then bringing your hand up and trying to do it that way.

Also if you have trouble with the Harp, then follow the advise on this video. If you are not there yet, then just be ready as Caleb makes this look a lot easier then it really is your first time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWs2M0EKArg

#35459 - 03/28/12 03:31 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just read the latest review for Xenoblade Chronicles in Nintendo Power. It appears as if it might be one of Nintendos most ambitious RPG's ever. I've got the Xenosaga anime next to my DVD player in anticipation. I better finish Ghost Hound fast, Xenoblade Chronicles comes out April 6th!

#35460 - 03/28/12 03:33 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

#35471 - 03/28/12 10:06 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Thanks for the link Cheap One. That was awesome! Did you check it out too? OMG I'm just drooling. yummy

On a side note: they mentioned the amazing visuals and music. I read that they hired six hand picked composers to produce 90 pieces of music for Xenoblade Chronicles! shocked

Skill trees, team synergy, crafting, weapon augmentation, beautiful vistas, gratuitous side quests, sprawling world, complex combat system, ahhh!!! I'm overwhelmed, I need to go lay down... tired

...so I can save up my strength to play this game. devil

#35472 - 03/28/12 10:25 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

of course I watched it.

#35492 - 03/29/12 04:40 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

"Standing on the shoulders of giants..."

#35526 - 03/30/12 01:51 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
dark_producer Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Burnsville, MN
picked up armored core 5. to be honest i would have thought twice about it if i had known how multiplayer based it is, i mean the whole game pretty much revolves around it...i dont mind a little multiplayer every now and then but i tend to play games to get away from dealing with the maniacs in the world and i play them very casually, hopefully the people playing it are sane and not overly judgmental.

#35535 - 03/30/12 11:57 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: dark_producer]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

You and I are in the minority my friend. Have you noticed that the last two generations of games (say Wii and Gamecube eras for example) have all but eliminated bots/sims? There were a slew of first person shooters that had a spectacular and challenging single player campaign with multiple difficulty settings. The higher the difficulty, the more side mission/objectives, and subsequently; the more map you could explore. This was then combined with the fact that after you defeated (beat the pants off) the game, there was a multiplayer (in house, not internet) mode that featured customizable computer controlled enemies. Some of these gems even had level builders for this mode. I would sit up nights just building scenarios until the wee hours of the morning, and as you mentioned in your previous post; without the need for other players... that's what the enemy A.I.'s were there for. OMG I would fiddle with balconies and weapon placement and enemy behaviors and... well you get the idea. On a side note: This is one of the myriad reasons why I'm so ecstatic about Xenoblade Chronicles. It's a single player RPG and it's been said that even the most seasoned "quick play through" players won't complete it in under 70 -80 hours. Conversely; for completists it offers well over 120 hours of fun. To a single player guy like me that translates to probably closer to 150+ hours of fun. Whoopee!

#35804 - 04/05/12 03:32 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

As mentioned in the Off Topic Forum "What did you just buy (non-anime):

I decided to get the Skylanders (Spyro's Adventure) for the Wii.

This game is pretty fun & rather addicting. If you get seriously hooked you can end up spending a ton of money. This is due to the little figures they sell.
In order to unlock everything in the game you need a Skylander of each element. Of course there are several (air, water, fire, earth, life, death, magic, and tech). The game comes with 3 figures (magic, tech, and water), but you can buy new figures as well. There are 3 packs (with 3 different Skylanders), a single pack (with one Skylander), and adventure packs that come with one Skylander (plus a thing that unlocks a bonus level & 2 items that do different stuff). The 3 packs & adventure packs are $20, and the singles are $9.
So if you want to get all 32 of them it's pretty expensive. The neat thing about them is you can take them to your friends house and they will have whatever powers & abilities you had on your game, in their game. Yes it's Multi-platform and all of the toys work with all of the games (including 3DS, PC, Wii, PS3, and X-Box 360). You can also hook up your computer to the Internet and do stuff on the website with your Skylander through the wireless gate (uses a USB).

Of course apparently there are rare Skylanders, and ones "exclusive" to certain stores. Most of which are just re-paints of certain characters. Of course this brings up the rather ugly side, with people selling fake rare figures on EBay (they paint a normal figure the rare color). Also there are supposedly Gold & Silver ones out there somewhere.

Personally I might buy a couple random figures to unlock the stuff in the game, and save them for when Skylanders: Giants comes out.
BTW you also gain levels, and the highest is level 10, of course you can buy poweres in the game with the gold coins you get.

Picked up one extra Skylander (again only going to buy one of each element).
This one is the Life Element being Stealth Elf, one of only 3 female characters (that I know of). She uses daggers as the attack method, and is pretty fast.

#35813 - 04/05/12 06:21 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles goes on sale at 10:00a.m. tomorrow!

#35860 - 04/06/12 01:20 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

OK I switched up my idea. Got Bash (Earth Element) Skylander.
He is really slow, but hits really hard.
Probably getting Flameslinger for the Fire Element (ranged).
Then just pick the 2 coolest looking Undead & Air Element Skylanders I can find. That will be all, with exception of maybe getting all 4 adventure packs to do those levels.

I beat the main story of the game, so all I need to do is find all the stuff in the levels.

#35888 - 04/07/12 12:50 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Didn’t just buy it, but I did just beat Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Now I am set for AC3.

#35890 - 04/07/12 01:07 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles impressed me from the moment I put it into the Wii. It's everything I hoped it would be. I'm overwhelmed (in a good way) by it's sheer size and complexity. It's visually stunning, and very anime-esque. So far I've been using the Classic Controller Pro. It's been awhile since I've been this happy with a controller in my hands. Now if I can just find time to play, so far I've only managed about an hour and a half.

#35894 - 04/07/12 01:32 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Nice! I might have to grab that one myself! I do have the Classic Controller as well (used it when renting Tatsunoku Vs Capcom).

I picked up Flameslinger (Fire Element), and the Darklight Crypt adventure pack that came with Ghost Roaster (Undead Element). It also comes with an Elixer (get health back), and an Hourglass (stops enemies for a bit).

Ghost Roaster has a dash attack that is basically a giant ghostly head (complete with cackling laugh) that seems to be unstoppable (and was rather annoying to fight him in certain boss battles). Flameslinger is very long range and is great for sniping.

The Darklight Crypt level was kinda short, but had a pretty cool idea.
It had these buttons that made you go from the normal world to ghost world.
Each world had different enemies or obstacles.

So now I just need Air, and according to a guy at work Whirlwind is the way to go.

#35899 - 04/07/12 09:14 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I picked up Xenoblade. Instead of playing it, I finally started playing Skyward Sword. ...lol..

Hey, give me some advice! All of the bird statues offer to take me back up the sky. If I do this, when I fall back down, will I be able to choose where I land or will it be back at the beginning of the section?
I'm in the forest temple right now.
The game is fun, but the controls aren't as good as I'd like them to be. My bottom right to upper left swing can be read by the wiimote as being anything smirk

#35900 - 04/07/12 10:25 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The bird statue will let you land where the statue is at, so do talk to all bird statues for your returns to it. I personally didn't have any problems with the Wiimotion+.

#35914 - 04/07/12 06:02 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Gevin]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Gevin
I picked up Xenoblade. Instead of playing it, I finally started playing Skyward Sword. ...lol..

Hey, give me some advice! All of the bird statues offer to take me back up the sky. If I do this, when I fall back down, will I be able to choose where I land or will it be back at the beginning of the section?
I'm in the forest temple right now.
The game is fun, but the controls aren't as good as I'd like them to be. My bottom right to upper left swing can be read by the wiimote as being anything smirk
You can generally pick any bird statue within a region (green/red/yellow). There are however particular parts of the game in which skydiving activates plot points and will limit (or eliminate) your choices.

Regarding problems with controls:

Having the sensor bar in the "under the television screen" placement setting seems to yield the best results. Also important is to calibrate your Wii remote in the Wii System Settings. Furthermore, you can calibrate within the game itself. I usually do this when I fire it up. Also; if your camera's getting a little fussy in first person modes like when firing the sling(scatter)shot, press down on the control pad (cross pad) while in that mode and you'll be right as rain. Oh, and don't forget to measure the average distance that you sit from the T.V. screen while calibrating in the Wii System Settings. Many people don't think to fiddle around with these things, and once you do; you shouldn't have to again... unless you unplug the Wii. Even then it might remember your settings, I'm not sure. Take heart, I had no problem with the controls once I got used to them. Lastly, I got better results sitting in a chair than I did standing up; especially when bomb bowling. OMG I love bomb bowling! I also suggest dramatic sword motions, don't be shy; and don't forget your wrist strap!

#35932 - 04/08/12 03:11 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Discovered an odd fact today, apparently Fry's kinda goofed on the pricing of the Skylander Adventure Packs. Normally they run $20, but for some odd reason they have the price on the sticker at $20, but when you scan it, they ring up as $8.96. Which is the price of the single Skylander figures.

So I grabbed the Pirate Shores Adventure Pack (we were out of the Ice one, and the Dragon one has not been released). It comes with Terrafin an Earth Element Skylander (so I have 2 Earth, and it gives you a bonus if you have more than one), Ghost Swords (attack bad guys for a bit), and a flying treasure chest (let's you get an extra chest in each level, and works like a radar when you get close to the chest it gets greener).

The actual Pirate Shores level was kinda odd, since you don't really fight too many bad guys, you just play memory (which is timed). Since I am pretty good at that game, I got through it pretty quick.

You can also put the level things on the hub once per level to launch a pretty deadly attack. Darklight launches what looks like hail with a big magic explosion at the end, & Pirate launches a bunch of cannonballs.

#36066 - 04/11/12 12:31 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just got done with an eight hour stint on Xenoblade Chronicles. I don't know what hurts more; my eyeballs from staring at the screen, or my head from trying to wrap my head around how insanely ginormous this game is. Xenoblade Chronicles is by far the most ambitious RPG on the Wii, and almost undoubtedly on any Nintendo system. The whole game world is on the corpses of two gods, locked in battle!

#36074 - 04/11/12 10:28 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Skullgirls and Pinball Arcade on the PSN/PS3.

Skullgirls is a nice looking fighting game and it plays very smoothly. However, it's also really hard. I'm talking Mortal Kombat 2 hard here.

Pinball Arcade contains real tables in an emulation. The graphics and physics are really good, but there are a few hiccups.

Edited by joelgundam01 (04/11/12 10:29 AM)

#36148 - 04/12/12 03:59 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Picked up an Air Skylander in Whirlwind (I think it's another girl, due to the cutesy attacks like rainbows).

And got an extra Tech Skylander in Drobot, just cause I heard it was pretty cool.

Will go hunting tomorrow for the elusive Dragon's Peak adventure pack.
It comes with a Fire Skylander in Sunburn.
Then I will get the Ice Peak adventure pack as well (maybe at work).
It has a Water Skylander called Slam Bam.

Kinda considering getting 2 of each element just to make it even.
So I would need a Magic, Air, Undead, and Life (after buying the adventure packs).

#36152 - 04/12/12 09:03 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Still having occasional annoyances getting my strikes to register the correct swing that I'm making, but I don't care that much. The rest of the game is fun enough. I just finished my first "Collosus" battle and am just fooling around at the moment & am collecting the flames to upgrade my sword.

(edit: Zelda talk)

#36153 - 04/12/12 09:47 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Gevin]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Gevin
Still having occasional annoyances getting my strikes to register the correct swing that I'm making, but I don't care that much. The rest of the game is fun enough. I just finished my first "Collosus" battle and am just fooling around at the moment & am collecting the flames to upgrade my sword.

(edit: Zelda talk)

The final Imprisoned fight is a blast.

I downloaded the Skullgirls demo last night whilee playing FF13 plan on trying that out tonight. I hear it is very MvC2 which scares me.

#36155 - 04/12/12 10:54 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
I downloaded the Skullgirls demo last night whilee playing FF13 plan on trying that out tonight. I hear it is very MvC2 which scares me.

I bought the game on Tuesday. It's a hard game to say the least, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. The biggest problem is that there's no command lists in the game, so you are pretty much on your own on figuring out the moves or searching the internet for the move lists.

#36178 - 04/12/12 08:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Found Dragon's Peak at a local Toys R Us, got Kingdom of Ice at Gamestop. I had enough credit after trading in the LEGO games, and reserving LEGO Batman 2 for Wii (you get a LEGO Lex Luthor key-chain for reserving), heck I even had $5 left over.

Also picked up Cynder an Undead Skylander (she is in several of the other Spyro games as well).

So I just need an extra Air, Magic, and Life.
That's it! I swear! (it is rather addicting...)

#36221 - 04/14/12 03:20 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Glad I just tried out the demo on Skullgirls, as I don't see myself getting it. It is quite MvC2 in nature and I am not a fan of that kind of 2D fighting.

#36227 - 04/14/12 05:47 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Glad I just tried out the demo on Skullgirls, as I don't see myself getting it. It is quite MvC2 in nature and I am not a fan of that kind of 2D fighting.

I recommend getting Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend then. It has a similar graphics style, but it has two different control schemes. One is like a Dynasty Warrior's control scheme (aka Stylish), where you dial a combo by pressing a single button multiple times and do some stringing. The other one (Tactical) is a much more complex scheme that is solely for the hardcore fans.

#36311 - 04/15/12 10:30 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles is the greatest RPG that I've ever played. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface and I'm... speechless. It has taken the head of the table in the pantheon of RPG greats such as Chrono Trigger and Earthbound.

#36393 - 04/17/12 12:31 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Xenoblade Chronicles is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite video games. It's so anime. I'm guessing that's why it's often referred to as a JRPG. It's not Moe or anything, it's f???ing epic! I'm bewildered by the sheer vastness of Xenoblade Chronicles. Not only in it's world, but the scope of it's story and characters; as well as it's battle and control systems. Awe heck, I'm gonna go play.

#36397 - 04/17/12 01:14 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm guessing that's why it's often referred to as a JRPG.

It is called that because it was made in Japan and it is an RPG. While most modern stuff that is released in North America is wRPG which pretty much just means "Western RolePlaying Game" which means it was made by a North American/European company.

#36450 - 04/18/12 11:52 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've racked up about 70 hours or so on Xenoblade Chronicles, and I'm still bewildered. There's now six people in my adventuring party, three on the field at a time.

#36901 - 04/28/12 03:58 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I filled out my little Skylander army with some more (for a total of 16).

Sonic Boom: Air Type that is a griffin, it's roar attack is pretty good, and it also spits out eggs that hatch into tiny griffin buddies.

Stump Smasher: Life Type basically a walking tree, that has hammer like weapons, it can also spit out acorns for ranged attack.

Double Trouble: Magic Type sort of a witch doctor looking character, it's staff is really cool cause it's like a laser beam that automatically locks onto enemies so you can strafe, it also has exploding mask helpers.

I beat the game already, I just am going through & trying to get 100%.
currntly at about 96%. I took a couple of the Skylanders through most of the Heroic Challenges that I have (you get one with each new figure).

Stealth Elf is powered up with all 16 done (though she is not fully powered cause that would take all 32 to do), Sonic Boom did 15 of them, and some of the others have done a few.

#37105 - 05/02/12 05:44 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Picked up Warriors Orochi 3 yesterday at GameStop. Joel I looked for the fighting game you are always talking about Blazblue but they didn't have any. Might have to pick it up from Amazon

Edited by Cheap One (05/02/12 05:44 PM)

#37107 - 05/02/12 07:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Picked up Warriors Orochi 3 yesterday at GameStop. Joel I looked for the fighting game you are always talking about Blazblue but they didn't have any. Might have to pick it up from Amazon.

They were only carrying the LE version of Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend ($60). My local branch still has it.

For some reason, GameStop decided to pass on the regular version. I bought my copy from New Egg, but Amazon is also a safe bet.

#37787 - 05/18/12 09:56 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Miroyasha Offline

Loc: Florida
I pre ordered ~

Phantom Breaker Special Edition

Record of Agarest War 2 Limited Edition

PB is a fighting game which im not much of a fan of that genre but main reason im getting it is due to the fact its only 40$ bucks and u get a bunch of stuff in the special edition, oh and the game does look pretty good. (At the very least art wise)

Technically i shouldn't be buying RoAW2 yet because ive own the first one for months and its sat in my unplayed pile with like only an hour played so i really need to get to playing it before the 2nd one comes out next month lol. Im just getting it now cause i don't want to miss a shot at the LE and heck i would have bought it eventually anyway. wink

#37796 - 05/18/12 09:41 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Wait, they are releasing Record of Agarest War 2?

#37797 - 05/18/12 10:08 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I've got Diablo 3 & Max Payne 3 here.
Haven't played either one yet.

#37805 - 05/18/12 11:39 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
Miroyasha Offline

Wait, they are releasing Record of Agarest War 2?

YUP! grin

Its coming out next month on the 26th but unlike the other games in the series its a PS3 exclusive for some odd reason.

The limited edition is pretty decent and its only $60 and that alone is the going rate for most new games.

Here's the link to Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/record-of-agarest-war-2-limited-edition/101915

#37836 - 05/20/12 02:39 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Diablo 3 is a lot of fun. Playing it reminds me of "the good old days". The game almost reminds me of Metroid with all of the backtracking that goes on in order to take previously unavailable paths. There have been quite a few changes made to the formula, but the game is a class act & I can't complain with this final product.

#37841 - 05/20/12 10:39 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Gevin]
Miroyasha Offline

Lucky i wish i could play Diablo 3....

I bought the Collectors edition but my computers graphics card is unsupported so i cant play it, so i have the damn thing sitting on my shelf mocking me! cry cry cry

And odds are i wont be getting a new computer for months so i gots a long time to wait. frown

But on the plus side the Collectors edition comes with Diablo 2 and ive never played it before and my computer can run it so at least i can play it first and get the story and understanding of the game better set for when the day comes i can finally play Diablo 3. smirk

#37846 - 05/20/12 11:20 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Sonic 4: Episode 2 for the PS3. It's pretty fun, but it has a pretty steep learning curve.

#38516 - 06/05/12 05:40 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've got Hironobu Sakaguchi's "Last Story" on preorder. More RPG goodness for the Wii.

#38732 - 06/10/12 01:06 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Bought Virtua Fighter 5 FS today on Xbox Arcade. Will finish downloading it tomorrow and give it some play time. I think it will do a great job of holding me over till DOA5's release Sept. 25th.

#39068 - 06/19/12 03:36 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Got LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for the Wii.
Since these games are pretty fun to play.
I had reserved it, so I got a small LEGO set with it.
The set is Lex Luthor in his power suit which looks pretty cool.

BTW this & the next LEGO game have actual voice acting.
Normally they just do "grunts" to talk.
They got some of the voices from the various shows & movies to do the roles. Such as Clancy Brown to do Lex Luthor (did you know he also does Mr. Crabs on SpongeBob SquarePants?).

The next game will be LEGO Lord of the Rings (with all 3 movies) coming in October. The previews they show for it include the lines from the movie.
There are already sets for this series in the stores. Most of which are from only the first 2 movies.

#39070 - 06/19/12 04:45 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Saw the Lord Of The Rings LEGO on the E3 coverage. Looks fun, might have to pick it up.

#39109 - 06/22/12 03:30 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

If you enjoyed LEGO at any time in your life (as well as DC heroes) go out and get LEGO Batman 2! It's a really long, really cool, and really good looking game.

Just in case you were wondering, my "relative" Harvey "Two-Face" Dent is in the game.

That's what I have been doing the last couple of days (and I only have 40% completion).

#39321 - 06/29/12 08:05 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Squall Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Playing Vagrant Story. Picked up this little gem at a local videogame shop today for $58.

[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/DarthMallrat/Vagrant_Story_1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/DarthMallrat/Vagrant_Story_3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/DarthMallrat/Vagrant_Story_2.jpg[/img]

I didn't open it of course. Instead I just downloaded it so I can keep this sealed. It's one of the very few PSX RPGs from Squaresoft that I never got around to playing.

#39331 - 06/29/12 11:20 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Picked up Pikmin 2 for the Wii today and paid off my Dead Or Alive 5 Collector's Edition. Can't wait for September 25, 2012 to get here so I can go pick it up.

#39337 - 06/30/12 01:24 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Squall]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Squall
Playing Vagrant Story. Picked up this little gem at a local videogame shop today for $58.

[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/DarthMallrat/Vagrant_Story_1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/DarthMallrat/Vagrant_Story_3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm196/DarthMallrat/Vagrant_Story_2.jpg[/img]

I didn't open it of course. Instead I just downloaded it so I can keep this sealed. It's one of the very few PSX RPGs from Squaresoft that I never got around to playing.
Vagrant Story apparently has a devout following. Must be good. Nice find. My favorite Playstation game is Parasite Eve.

#39554 - 07/05/12 11:30 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Did a mass drowning of my purple pikmin last night in Pikmin 2. Hate when I have to take those suckers by water. Even more so since I was so close to the end of the day and had done a nice job of not killing any Pikmin outside of a few loses in battle.

#39568 - 07/06/12 11:19 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I loved Pikmin 1 & 2. I'm pretty anxious for 3, I just hope that the Wii-U has a larger more diverse catalogue of worth while titles compared to the Wii. The 1st party titles tend to be amazing, but I just don't see myself getting 3rd party titles (that are available on multiple consoles) on anything other than PS3.

Make it worth my while, Nintendo. Trophies/Achievements? Fun & effective online play? Comparable quality of framerate/visuals?

I'm feeling like I'm about done with Diablo 3. The only thing that may press me to continue playing would be people to play with.

I just recently started Quantum Conundrum (off of Steam). I'll double dip onto PS3 when the opportunity arrises (sometimes my PC lags a bit while playing the game). Excellent game with excellent puzzles. I'd advise any fan of Portal or puzzle games in general to check it out.

#39572 - 07/06/12 01:02 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've been a avid supporter of Nintendo for the better part of my life, but even I didn't jump at the 3DS. As mentioned in the post above: there just weren't enough titles to entice me... although I believe a Castlevania title is in the works. yummy

#39577 - 07/06/12 03:45 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I gave up on Nintendo when the Gamecube came out. Now to be fair I do own a Gamecube, GBA(i think that was the handheld with the GC), Wii and 3DS. Though I mainly just own the Zeldas, Mario Karts and a few other titles. Right now I am holding off on a WiiU as nothing stood out. I am sure once they release Zelda WiiU i'll bite the bullet and get one.

#39581 - 07/06/12 08:32 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I've got a 3DS, but I haven't played much on it.
I've got TheatRhythm coming in soon, hopefully I love it. I'm also anxious for the upcoming Castlevania title.

#39590 - 07/07/12 02:58 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The WiiU is out already? Wow, I should really get out more.

#39601 - 07/07/12 09:15 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

No, it'll probably be out in the Fall or Winter.

#39605 - 07/07/12 10:23 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The WiiU is out already? Wow, I should really get out more.

It's not out yet, Nintendo hasn't even announced a price. I expect the price to come in their Pre-TGS show they do every year. With a release on November 18 or 25.

#39608 - 07/07/12 12:08 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

My Nintendo Power has listed a load of great titles for it, including an Assassin's Creed if IIRC.

#39611 - 07/07/12 12:59 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I do love me some Assassin's Creed. Though I am already planning on getting it on the 360 in October.

I am glad to see at least for now WiiU is getting a lot of the multiplatform titles. Hope that can continue then I might go back to just getting a Nintendo system.

#39700 - 07/10/12 12:04 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Got (really cheap) Yu-Gi-Oh! 5DS Duel Transer for the Wii.
I would guess something like this game actually happened in the anime.

It's a pretty decent game, and has a ton of cards (says over 4,500). Though getting a OK deck out of some of the packs is kinda annoying.

Right now I am on level 5 of some huge tower, and you roll a roulette wheel to get AP to move. Then you move to where another duelist is (they don't move) and duel them for $ (and sometimes keys/cards) to buy more cards.

The deck I am using is kinda a modified "beat down" deck I made on the last Yu-Gi-Oh! 5DS game on the DS (World Championship 2012). Basically a mess of Warriors with high attack (or other useful abilities) & spells/traps to help out. Once I get the right cards, I will make my best deck, the Fairy stomp deck (can kill you even if you are blocking). Or maybe the rather fun Six Samurai deck that could fill the board with (at least) 4 monsters on the first turn, and the monsters were at least 2000 attack (usually more).

I beat LEGO Batman 2, and got 100%. Took about a week to do so (even with the guide). Also finally got 100% on Skylanders as well. Still not really sure if I will bother with getting anymore until Giants comes out. Even though Frito Lay is doing a promotion giving away 4 "pet" Skylanders.
The catch is you have to buy the 20 pack bag (about $7) and then send in the UPC & special postcard (with a check/money order for $2) and then wait 8-10 weeks. The other catch is you number the postcard 1-4 with 1 being the pet you want most, and 4 being the least. Of course it says that "there is no guarantee you will get the one you want the most" right on the package.

#39703 - 07/10/12 01:54 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I dominated Yu-Gi-Oh Eternal Duelist soul on the Gameboy advance.

#40110 - 07/21/12 12:59 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Mortal Kombat: Komplete Edition (PS3) from local GameStop for $30 and Sonic Generations (PS3) from NewEgg for $15 (free shipping).

#40182 - 07/23/12 12:59 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Picked up FFXIII-2 for the 360. Now i just need to sit down and start the first one before getting into this one.

#40183 - 07/23/12 01:04 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: stargates]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: stargates
Picked up FFXIII-2 for the 360. Now i just need to sit down and start the first one before getting into this one.

I did the same thing. I am currently stuck on Chapter 9's boss fight on FF13. Meanwhile my poor FF13-2 is still just sitting in it's box.

#40257 - 07/25/12 04:18 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
The problem I have is I need to finish skyrim first. Quite a big game to go through but i will get to it next.

#41028 - 08/18/12 08:27 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Picked up & have been playing Sleeping Dogs. It's awesome!

#41033 - 08/18/12 09:01 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Apparently, my copy of Last Story is waitning for me at Game Stop. Now, if I could only find time to get there.

#41188 - 08/22/12 01:43 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I picked up my copy of Hironobu Sakaguchi's Last Story today! It's a really nice set. Because I prereserved it at Game Stop, it came with the Last Story Premium Soundtrack. The Game case comes inside of another cardboard case that looks like a book; real eye candy, it's covered in gorgeous bas-relief artwork. It also came with The Last Story Art Gallery, which is a nicely done 20ish page booklet filled with character art. I'm so excited. Now if I could only get myself to stop playing Xenoblade Chronicles.

#41571 - 09/06/12 03:46 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Sei Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Reno
Went to game stop last week and picked up the new Growlanser game. I love RPG's and now im playing this game every night and losing sleep (~_~;)

#41574 - 09/06/12 08:59 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Zen Pinball 2 (PS3) and the Plants vs Zombies table.

#43032 - 10/04/12 01:02 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Squall Offline

Loc: Winston-Salem, NC
Playing Resident Evil 6. All the QTE stuff in the beginning of the game got pretty lame/tiresome, but it seems to be letting off some now. These chapters are pretty long; I've been playing for hours and I guess I'm still on the first. Anyway, so far there are things I both love and hate about 6. One thing's for sure, though, it's much scarier and creepier that recent RE titles. Although, Revelations was pretty damn good.

#43064 - 10/05/12 10:44 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Squall]
Major45 Offline
UPSF Ensign

The game that I got and been playing it is a old game tea society of the witch and this is the DVD version of the game

#43170 - 10/10/12 07:00 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I was playing RE6, but I just have trouble pushing myself to play it alone. It's fun enough when doing co-op, but really falls short in every possible way when compared to RE5. Possible plus is that there is more variety? In any case, I haven't touched it much.

Tokyo Jungle is a lot of fun. For those of you wanting a challenging/ more casual gaming experience this might be up your alley. Life is tough in the animal kingdom, but the years fly by & while it can get stressful at times with the objectives that pile up on you, it is fun to improve on previous playthroughs and unlock new animals I play as.

Annnnnd right now I'm all over Dishonored. A crazy assassination/ stealth game that ha you using very bioshockesque abilities. Highly recommended.

Edited by Gevin (10/10/12 08:21 AM)

#43588 - 10/22/12 02:03 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Major45]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I played that game once.

It's apparently a dating sim, I got to see a bath scene.
Of course it's not really showing anything.

Anyhow decided to grab Skylanders Giants.
Though I kinda doubt I will buy any more figures for a while.

Cause you can use all the old stuff on the new game.
The only thing you need is a giant, which the game comes with.

If you don't have the old game you can get the "starter pack" which comes with the giant (life type called Tree Rex) and two normal Skylanders. Cynder (undead) & Jet-Vac (air). If you do have the older game then you just buy the "basic" version that comes with the game & Tree Rex.

The kinda neat new feature that some of the new figures (or new versions of old characters) is the lightcore feature. Basically you put the figure on the portal of power & parts of it light up. All the giants feature this as well.

As usual there are "chase" variants like glow in the dark figures, legendary figures, and of course "store exclusive" figures.
Plus there is a giant of each element (remember there are 8 elements).

The one good thing about this game is that you can adjust the difficulty level from easy to hard at any time. Unlike the first game which you could not adjust it (some areas were easy, others were tough).

#43590 - 10/22/12 10:12 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I gotta admit, combining figure collecting with a video game is great idea indeed. I'm glad I never got started with Skylanders. My wallet's thin enough already.

BTW Do the figures level up or grow in the game. If so; can you level up/grow one up, and take to a friend's house and put in his/her game?

#43618 - 10/22/12 12:19 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yep, in the original game they went up to level 10.
In the new game they go up to level 15.

The only thing that leveling does is give you more HP.
You have to buy the power-ups (new abilities) with in game $.
Plus to make your Skylander better, you can do Heroic Challenges.
These challenges are pretty tough, but if you complete them it gives one of your stats a boost.

The stats are Speed, Attack, Defense, and Elemental Power.
The one thing about the older characters when transferring over, is that any stat increases will NOT be transferred over.

Yes you can take the figures over to a friends house (they can have the version of the game for ANY system) to battle or team up.

There are battle arenas to fight in, or you can just help beat a level.

Yes if you are not careful, this game series can be extremely expensive.
If you want all the figures, that is. Some of the figures from the last game are still really hard to find, and I am talking about just normal figures, not the stuff like glow-in-the-dark, translucent, or even silver/gold figures.
Of course there were figures from various toy fairs/comic cons as well.

Though this time it looks like Activision might be on their game a bit better.
Cause right when the game came out (on Sunday) there were tons of the new figures to get. Apparently the second wave is already out as well.

Though I bet that after Christmas these are gonna be hard to find again.

#43624 - 10/22/12 12:35 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: EricDent

Yes you can take the figures over to a friends house (they can have the version of the game for ANY system) to battle or team up.
Interplatform compatibility? This game just keeps sounding better and better.

#43627 - 10/22/12 01:20 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I bought three PS3 games recently.

Marvel vs Capcom 3 (original) - It only cost $10 at Kmart and the game really surprised me.

Soul Calibur 5 - I bought it over the weekend for $30 (used a $25 gift card, final tally $7.24). Surprisingly, my local GameStop still had a couple copies with the free character DLC, so that's an extra $5 savings since I don't have to buy it on the PSN. Unfortunately, it's not as fun as Soul Calibur 4, but still enjoyable.

Street Fighter x Tekken - I just bought it a few minutes ago on NewEgg. It only cost $20 and I got free shipping (and no tax).

#43647 - 10/22/12 11:22 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The last installment I played was Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube. I destroyed it! Lotsa fun. My soul was at one with Mitsurugi. I was also unstoppable with both Talim and Maxi.

#43655 - 10/23/12 11:04 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The last installment I played was Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube.

I had the PS2 version.

The best game out of the bunch IMO is Soul Calibur 4. They perfection the create a character mode (introduced in SC3) and they had playable cameos of Darth Vader and Yoda from Star Wars in the game.

#43663 - 10/23/12 05:16 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The last installment I played was Soul Calibur II on the Gamecube. I destroyed it! Lotsa fun. My soul was at one with Mitsurugi. I was also unstoppable with both Talim and Maxi.

Great to see Talim and Maxi love. They were my favorites in SC2, I stopped at SC3 when they introduced CAC. No thank you, so glad Team NINJA is staying away from that so far.

#43927 - 10/29/12 10:00 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Lately I've been playing Hotline Miami, a PC game available exclusively through Steam. I'm very far from complete with Dishonored (I'm on my second playthrough), but this game simply demands to be played.

I've had this game for two days, have racked up between 5 and 7 hundred personal deaths, yet still have zero reservations in diving back in for more fun. Fine tuning your tactic & approach is extremely rewarding. Both Dishonored & Hotline Miami are highly recommended.

#44341 - 11/07/12 12:32 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Got some extra $ for watching my parents neighbors cats (they went with my parents to Florida last week).

So I decided to pick up a used DS Lite for $50 (sold my old one).
Cause I just "Gotta Catch Em All!" in Pokemon Black 2 (which I also bought).

Also got one Skylander figure called Fright Rider (Undead).
Mostly cause he looked cool.

#44366 - 11/07/12 02:53 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Skylaners Giants is getting a release on the Wii U.

#44428 - 11/08/12 02:00 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
shinjiyo Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Just order -
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland Limited Edition.
Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland Limited Edition.
Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland Limited Edition.

Around $260....
Man, my wallet is crying out to me,

This hand of mine is burning red AND it's reaching for my wallet, it's loud roar tells me to stop! TAKE THIS AND THIS AND ALL OF MY MONEY! SHINNING FINGER PURCHASE! CREDIT CARD! CREDIT CARD! CREDIT CARDDDD!!!!

*presses the ENTER button to summit final order*

My wallets a sad Panda now ='(

#44437 - 11/08/12 11:43 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I am aware of the pending Wii-U release.
Not sure if I will buy it though.
Maybe in a while (when the price drops).

Or maybe when that LEGO Undercover game comes out (looks pretty cool).

The one thing that I kinda wonder about the Skylanders game for that system, is if it needs a Portal of Power to play it?
Cause I have heard the controller/pad for the Wii-U acts like the Portal of Power (you place the figures on it to make them appear in the game).

BTW on Pokemon, I caught my very first LEGIT shiny Pokemon!
This was totally at random, and not through other methods (like breeding a ton, or pre-set shiny Pokemon). I was just trying to complete the habitat list in each area, and needed a Venipede from Route 20. Wandered into the dark grass (rare Pokemon more likely to show up) and wham first Venipede I spot is a shiny.

If you're not aware a shiny is a slightly different colored Pokemon, that has a "sparkle" when it first appears. Some of them are way obvious (like Espeon is green instead of purple) while others are more subtel (such as Venipede who is a pink/purple instead of a dark purple). They are also really really really rare (like 1 in 7000).

There is a method of breeding a Pokemon from a different country with a local Pokemon that makes it like 1 in 2000, but that is still quite rare.

#44442 - 11/08/12 12:05 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've never seen one other than the good ol' Red Gyarados on a friend's system. I vaguely remember a friend telling me about catching a yellow Metapod, although I never saw it.

As far as the Wii U is concerned, I'm torn; especially considering the upcoming demise of Nintendo Power. Not to mention, I didn't buy a 3DS and I spend all of my money at RightStuf.

#44452 - 11/08/12 12:22 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I'm not getting a WiiU at least not yet. I may pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for when I do get a WiiU so I can have something to play on it. Right now I am totally fine with waiting for a Zelda announcement like I did with the GameCube and Wii(just bought it in 2010)

#44455 - 11/08/12 12:31 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm not getting a WiiU at least not yet. I may pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge for when I do get a WiiU so I can have something to play on it. Right now I am totally fine with waiting for a Zelda announcement like I did with the GameCube and Wii(just bought it in 2010)
My Cube and Wii are precious treasures of mine. I have about 37 titles for the Cube that I like and about 39 for the Wii. I sold pretty much anything I didn't care for. I've got more than a few peripherals for both too. The beauty of it all is; if I'm stricken with poverty anytime soon, I can dive back into retro gaming as I am wont to do.

#44533 - 11/09/12 06:21 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Been playing a lot of Need For Speed: Most Wanted. Loving this game. I really enjoy unlocking upgrades & finding new cars. Also the social aspect of the game is just amazing.

#44542 - 11/09/12 11:41 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

In the past 2 weeks i picked up 3 ps3 games:

Tales of graces f (currently loving this)
Lollipop chainsaw
Dark souls (with guide)

Im gona play through graces f then work on lollipop chainsaw. Hopefully ill get into dark souls and not get too ticked off but for 20 bucks i figured id give it a shot. I know its going to be tough but it looks like a great game if you work hard at it

#44550 - 11/10/12 11:20 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Lollipop Chainsaw looks like a B Movie. Kinda wish I had a PS3.

#44554 - 11/10/12 11:34 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I would say Lollipop Chainsaw is more of a D or E Movie. I would still own it if it was a B as I own lots of those.

Though one great thing about Lollipop Chainsaw is all the DLC suits that are from anime. I may pick it back up when it goes down to under 10 dollars at GameStop.

#44557 - 11/10/12 11:40 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

DLC... I don't play online. to get new suits/skins/rewards I am forced to complete extreme challenges. I guess that's the way I like it. It makes it taste so much better when I finally get it.

#44561 - 11/10/12 11:46 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Lollipop Chainsaw has no online play. All the anime suits are DLC only no unlocking them, you have to pay for them. I guess they are followers of Capcom economics.

#44565 - 11/10/12 12:05 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Yeah dlc is bogus and 99% of the content should be free. I knew lollipop chainsaw wasnt anything ground breaking but it looks fun and it was only 20 dollars at toys r us so i figured it was at least worth that lol

#44566 - 11/10/12 12:08 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Kinda wish I had a PS3.

I really recommend picking one up. There's a ton of interesting games available and there's a quite a few unique games available on the PSN, that cost between $5-$15.

DLC... I don't play online.

DLC = DownLoadable Content

It doesn't necessarily mean "online gaming". Many games have DLC (aka Add-ons) available that's just for single player games.

#44578 - 11/10/12 12:46 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm sorry; I meant I don't play online, nor do I have any consoles hooked up to the world wide intraweb.

#44579 - 11/10/12 12:52 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

With the modern consoles(PS3 and Xbox360) hooking up to the internet with them is nothing. Plus with Nintendo now seemly joining in with the WiiU, not having your console hooked up may leave you out in the cold with the WiiU, PS4 and Xbox720 generation.

#44581 - 11/10/12 12:54 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

It's been leaving me out in the cold for many years... not playing online that is. I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I'm going to have enough funds to enter said next generation of gaming. I just might fall back on the thousands of dollars worth of gaming paraphenalia that I've already invested in, and go retro.

#44584 - 11/10/12 01:05 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I'm sorry; I meant I don't play online, nor do I have any consoles hooked up to the world wide intraweb.

It shouldn't be too hard to get your console connected onto the Internet. I personally use a 50ft Ethernet cable to get my PS3 online. I rarely play online gaming, but I always go to the PSN Store and buy a few games.

#44587 - 11/10/12 01:11 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Physically connecting isn't the runaround I'm trying to avoid. It's jacking around with the networks, online stores, and fees that I'm trying to avoid. It pisses me off. You give 'em the money for the consoles, you give 'em the money for the games, you give 'em the money for the peripherals & controllers, and then they expect you to give 'em money for the network fees and add-ons; no thanks. F???ing vampires.

#44590 - 11/10/12 01:28 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Dont feel bad i dont internet at my house and i do all my online things with my iphone. I will eventually get high speed however it seems like everyone wants to play just call of duty. Which is fine for a little bit but i appreciate my rpgs way more. Rpgs deserve more attention these shooters are getting out of control. Back in the day i really loved starcraft, warcraft, and diablo. However now i love my final fantasies, dragon quests, tales of games

#44591 - 11/10/12 01:30 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

With the modern consoles(PS3 and Xbox360) hooking up to the internet with them is nothing. Plus with Nintendo now seemly joining in with the WiiU, not having your console hooked up may leave you out in the cold with the WiiU, PS4 and Xbox720 generation.

This is true, ive heard that some of the newer consoles are possibly going all digital. I think its a bad idea because many people still dont have internet. And me personally i prefer owning a physical copy of everything, i hate digital

#44595 - 11/10/12 01:44 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

and then they expect you to give 'em money for the network fees and add-ons; no thanks. F???ing vampires.

There are no network fees on the PS3 (free service). That only applies to the Xbox 360.

#44599 - 11/10/12 02:06 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

If all you want to do is buy DLC and the little digital games(great if you like classics) you can do that for free on the 360. 360 only has a fee to play online, Microsoft claims it is to help with server cost.

Originally Posted By: Animejr
This is true, ive heard that some of the newer consoles are possibly going all digital. I think its a bad idea because many people still dont have internet. And me personally i prefer owning a physical copy of everything, i hate digital

I don't think the PS4 and Xbox720 will be all digital. Though we maybe getting there by next gen. Even more so if the coming gen is as long as the PS3/360 was.

#44635 - 11/11/12 09:35 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sailormoon4ever Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: florida
Naruto ultimate ninja heroes for the psp

#44638 - 11/11/12 10:02 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

I think its a good idea to have the option to digitally download titles as its a hassle for some to get to the store but i hope it never goes all digital

#44643 - 11/11/12 11:05 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Right but the mods/add-ons cost money, not to mention additional content sometimes costs too.

#44644 - 11/11/12 11:07 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
shinjiyo Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Just got my order of Atelier Totori yesterday and Atelier Meruru a few days back and now I'm just finally waiting for my Atelier Rorona to come in.

The reason why I haven't play either Totori and Meruru yet is because of the order of the game that came out. I'll being playing Rorona first than Totori than Meruru. I can't wait!!!

#44660 - 11/11/12 01:01 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I think its a good idea to have the option to digitally download titles as its a hassle for some to get to the store but i hope it never goes all digital

I agree! Lately, Sony has been making most of their disc based games available both physically and digitally on day 1.

It's also very convenient for niche titles, that go out of print real quickly. For example, I can't find King of Fighters XIII anywhere physically, but I can easily buy it on the PSN for $30.

However with the rising cost of games and the cost in manufacturing and distributing physical product. Many indie developers see digital downloads as a blessing and not a curse. There's no way in hell Zen Studio (for example) would be successful in their pinball games, if they were released out physically.

Right but the mods/add-ons cost money, not to mention additional content sometimes costs too.

Personally, I don't have a problem with add-ons. It's optional to begin with and many times I find it more convenient than a burden.

There are some games that I really like and I wish there was some more content after defeating it. The add-ons fill in that itch. For example, I loved Soul Calibur 4 and after playing the game to death for 2 straight months. I was starting to get bored with it. On the PSN, there were a few add-ons for the game. One add-on gave me a new character (and a few extras) and there were a few add-ons for customization equipment. In the end, I spent $10.50 on the add-ons and I got another full month out of the game because of them.

One genre that benefits from add-ons is the pinball genre. The pinball developers (Zen Studio, Farsight) can release out new tables via add-ons. They are not forced to limit the number of tables that can be in the game like in the past.

FWIW, most PSN games don't have add-ons. For example, the recent release of Double Dragon Neon (remake) costs only $10 and it has no add-ons.

TL;DR: All I'm saying is that you are missing out on some great games with that policy of yours. Even the Wii has a few online channels, where you can buy some original games (Wiiware) and classics (Virtual Console).

Edited by joelgundam01 (11/11/12 01:10 PM)

#44663 - 11/11/12 01:24 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

The funny thing is some psn games and older classic titles are way better games then the ones being released today

#44667 - 11/11/12 01:37 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

The funny thing is some psn games and older classic titles are way better games then the ones being released today

This is very true. I enjoy some of the Arcade/Indy/Wiiware titles more then I do the big titles from the likes of SquareEnix and the like.

Also Joel makes a good point. I enjoy games that are called "bullethells" Here in America we would get a barely any but the Wii/PS3/360 stores allow for them to come out with them over here. As all they have to do is make sure the menus are in English.

I think the fear mainly has to do with like Capcom did with "Street Fighter X Tekken" where Capcom gave you a barebones game then put everything else as DLC. Capcom has since faced major backlash even getting their A rank taken from the BBB in the US.

#44669 - 11/11/12 01:53 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I think the fear mainly has to do with like Capcom did with "Street Fighter X Tekken" where Capcom gave you a barebones game then put everything else as DLC. Capcom has since faced major backlash even getting their A rank taken from the BBB in the US.

To be fair, I think a lot of people blew this way out of proportion.

The game isn't barebones by any means. I just recently bought the title for $20 at Newegg. Without buying any of the DLC, I get 38 characters and a quarter of the DLC is available free of charge (2 free characters, 12 sets of colors (customization), additional auto combos and a few gem sets).

What really happened here is that Capcom decided to combine two games into one.

Instead of having you buy Marvel vs Capcom 3 for $60 and then have you buy Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 for another $40 (that contains 10 new characters and a few new stages) 8 months later. They decided to take the DLC approach and charge you $20 (digitally) later instead of $40 (physically).

The problem is that they decided to include all of the content on the disc (unlock code/shareware), instead of making it a download. I can see why they did it like that, because a lot of gamers would complained on the amount of hard drive space it would require. The Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition upgrade takes up an extra 4GB of my hard drive space for instance. However, that's where the backlash comes into play. If the content is available already on the disc, why must we wait and pay more for it?

They should have only put a portion of the content on the disc (such as the cut scenes, which takes up the most space) and made the rest of the content as a download (the actual character data).

Edited by joelgundam01 (11/11/12 02:05 PM)

#44688 - 11/11/12 10:40 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
TL;DR: All I'm saying is that you are missing out on some great games with that policy of yours. Even the Wii has a few online channels, where you can buy some original games (Wiiware) and classics (Virtual Console).
It's not really a policy, it's just been my way. I've gotta keep some of my habits reined in to afford my anime habit. wink I also don't want to have a wireless router putting carcinogenic waves in my face, nor do I want a 25 foot cable running into the living room. I also don't really find the need (personally) to begin online gaming and participation (yet). Furthermore, I have an iMac, which limits my gaming realm on the computer as well. I've got about 300 hours into Xenoblade Chronicles on my Wii, and I'm still having fun. As far as computer gaming goes, I have yet to explore Steam. Plus, I can keep myself busy with Bioshock, Fable, Borderlands, Zuma's Revenge, and Bejeweled 3. Heaven forbid I become bored with any of that, I can fall back on a veritable treasure trove of old games and consoles that would love to be dusted off and played. Hard copy FTW!

#44963 - 11/15/12 06:29 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Last night i picked up:

Halo 4 special edition xbox 360 console
Turtle beach x12 headset
Hdmi cable

And my high speed package will be hooked up tuesday smile im excited

You should have seen all the people come up to me amazed i was picking all that up. Lots of jealous people i couldnt believe it

#45010 - 11/16/12 02:30 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I picked up the latest LEGO game for the Wii.

LEGO Lord of the Rings: if you enjoy any of the LEGO games, go out & grab this NOW!
Its seriously the BEST LEGO game to date.
Plus the only one based on a Best Movie category on the Acadamy Awards.
(yes it features all 3 movies)
It also features all the voices from the movie (most likely just the actual movie was used for the voices), plus the usual silly stuff that LEGO likes to throw into the cut-scenes. Such as when Aragorn, Gimili, & Legolas (yeah a LEGO Legolas) get surrounded by the Rohan riders they do stuff like those old movies with swimming in them.

As usual there is a TON of stuff to find, and the world is freaking HUGE.
If you want you can actually walk from the Shire all the way to Mount Doom (of course it's easier to just use these "map statues" that are spread around to instant travel to the places you have found for them).

A small issue with the X-Box version (apparently the discs say "demo version", but are the whole game). There was also a slight delay in getting it out to certain stores (due to holiday).

Anyhow I have pretty much played it through the end of The Two Towers, and only at 25%. Boy is this gonna take a while to beat at 100%!

BTW one last thing, apparently Prima has decided to NOT do a physical strategy guide, so yeah it's gonna be a pain finding all the stuff.

One intersting feature is that you can mark a location on the map, and the "guide studs" (transparent studs that guide you to where you need to go) show you the path.

#45027 - 11/17/12 02:04 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition
Mario Kart DS

#45065 - 11/18/12 02:06 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Guitar Hero 5, brand new, $9.99, score.

#45066 - 11/18/12 02:43 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Picked up fallout 3 goty xbox 360 and halo 4 collectors edition guide for 45. Trying to get all acheivements for halo 4

#45230 - 11/23/12 12:35 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Batman: Arkham City (GOTY Edition; PS3)

I couldn't resist! It only cost me $20 and it contains all of the DLC on the disc.

#45233 - 11/23/12 02:45 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

^ nice pickup, i still have yet to play it but i really want to.

Last night i picked up ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 for xbox 360 was only 20 dollars, cant complain for a good fighter

#45235 - 11/23/12 05:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Last night i picked up ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 for xbox 360 was only 20 dollars, cant complain for a good fighter

I've been meaning to pick up that game. I bought MvC3: Fate of Two Worlds (PS3) for only $10 at K-Mart a few months ago and I really liked it.

#45243 - 11/24/12 01:01 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Basicly same game, its bs they rerelease the same game within a year of the original release

#45249 - 11/24/12 11:54 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Basicly same game, its bs they rerelease the same game within a year of the original release

I know, but it has 10 new characters and a few new stages. If I can pick it up on the cheap, then I don't really mind.

#45695 - 12/05/12 03:26 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Pennsylvania
Virtue's Last Reward for N3DS

#45710 - 12/05/12 11:40 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Serendipity Offline
UPSF Ensign

Persona 4 Arena PS3
Persona 4 The Golden Premium Edition Vita, only 10,000 of these made and managed to snag one from gamestop after it initially sold out everywhere else.

#46947 - 01/11/13 12:05 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
soup or man Offline
UPSF Ensign

Picked up the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection.

#47224 - 01/17/13 02:14 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Ratchet & Clank HD Collection

#47308 - 01/19/13 04:07 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS3)

This one was getting hard to find around here.

#47542 - 01/26/13 01:55 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
soup or man Offline
UPSF Ensign

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

It really is a fantastic game. It's really charming. Everything about it is extremely pleasant. There are a lot of things to collect and side-quests to do, but none of 'em ever feel like chores to me. And that's unusual, because normally I tire of such things rather quickly. The music is good, too. I can already tell the world map theme will go down as one of those tracks I listen to over and over throughout the years. Needless to say, too, the game is stunningly beautiful. I'm anxious to get to every new area just because I know there's gonna be some really good, new eye candy.

#47641 - 01/29/13 02:34 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Picked up dragons dogma for 30 bucks, and a friend gave me a free copy of skyrim. Dragons dogma is one of my fav games this generation ive played easily 70 hours so far, a must buy. Ive owned skyrim before for ps3 but now i own the 360 version and being free its so amazing i cant believe my buddy actually hated it

#48020 - 02/06/13 06:51 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I preordered Pandora's Tower for the Wii.

I also picked up a few titles from local resale shops:
Valhalla Knights Eldar Saga Wii
Sin And Punishment Star Successor Wii
Children Of Mana DS
Magical Starsign DS
Monster Tale DS

#48249 - 02/12/13 06:33 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Castlevania Judgement - Wii

I picked it up dirt cheap at a Fleet Farm. I've already linked it to my DS copy of Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia to unlock bonus content on both games. It took me a bit to figure out how to get them to communicate, but I did it.

#48465 - 02/17/13 06:52 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Mario Kart 7 3ds

My favs Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Slayers, FMPanic, Black Lagoon, El Hazard, Lupin III, Dual, Beck, Ah My Goddess, more.

#48802 - 02/24/13 09:16 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Namco Museum Essentials (PSN)

I couldn't resist! It was on sale for $4.99 and I got a voucher code for $10 from Sony last Tuesday. In other words, it was free in the end.

#48841 - 02/25/13 10:03 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

I have Pandora's Tower on pre-order. Also picked up a copy of Elebits: The Adventures of Kai and Zero for the DS. It seems kinda similar to games like Pokemon and Skylanders minus the excessive merchandising factor.

#48843 - 02/25/13 10:28 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: sevi]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I contacted Game Stop yesterday to inquire again about any news regarding an L.E. release of Pandora's Tower. No word yet. Irregardless, I'm stoked.

#48845 - 02/25/13 10:58 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

I contacted Game Stop yesterday to inquire again about any news regarding an L.E. release of Pandora's Tower. No word yet. Irregardless, I'm stoked.

I would probably check a few other places. Considering when I pre-ordered at Game Stop they didn't even know what system the game was coming out for.

#49021 - 03/01/13 07:20 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Bought a new 3DS game

Etrian Odyssey 4: Legends Of The Titan

Since it was 1st print run. It came with a little art booklet and a CD with the OST.

#49132 - 03/05/13 03:47 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Bought Tomb Raider for PC. It is awesome.

#49236 - 03/07/13 09:53 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Zone of the Enders: HD Collection (PS3)

Oh wow! They took an extra step on this collection. They redid the anime cut scenes (full HD) in ZOE: The Second Runner and made a new 5 minute anime video for the collection's intro. It looks amazing!

Too bad they couldn't upgrade the CG cut scenes on the first game. They look a little fuzzy, but it not really a big deal.

#49350 - 03/09/13 08:00 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

MLB 13: The Show PS3
Tomb Raider PS3

My favs Sailor Moon, Tenchi, Slayers, FMPanic, Black Lagoon, El Hazard, Lupin III, Dual, Beck, Ah My Goddess, more.

#49620 - 03/14/13 11:20 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I made a few purchases for my DS on Amazon today.

Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey II
Etrian Odyssey III
Soatorobo: Red The Hunter
Radiant Historia

I'm really excited. If I'm really lucky, Solatorobo will come with a CD soundtrack. I purchased all the games as "new" and they were all listed as "in stock" and "fulfilled by Amazon". The Etrians were actually sold by Amazon directly. I hope that they all actually find their way to me unscathed. Keep your fingers crossed for kiku. Apparently Etrian Odyssey is a real bear. It looks to be an unforgiving, but rewarding rpg experience. Solatorobo has received high praise as one of the DS's swan songs. Then again, it's also been labeled as furries. Radiant Historia was a real lucky find for me. I've been looking for an affordable copy of this for awhile now and this one is cheaper than most of the used ones I've looked at in the past. Both Solatorobo and Radiant Historia have unique and inspired game mechanics that are apparently anything but gimmicky. They both also have very appealing character designs. The Etrian Odyssey series is reported to ward off all but the most hardcore of dungeon crawler rpg fans. I hope I got what it takes. If all of these titles make it to me in the "new" condition listed I'll count myself as blessed.

#49621 - 03/14/13 11:25 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Bought a new 3DS game

Since it was 1st print run. It came with a little art booklet and a CD with the OST.
I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts on the game, now that I have ordered the first three installments for my DS. EO II is rumored to separate the men from the boys in the dungeon crawler world. Word on the street is, even the stoutest of heroes have gone home crying to their Mommies. I wonder if EO IV carries the torch as well.

#49624 - 03/15/13 12:04 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Bought a new 3DS game

I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts on the game, now that I have ordered the first three installments for my DS. EO II is rumored to separate the men from the boys in the dungeon crawler world. Word on the street is, even the stoutest of heroes have gone home crying to their Mommies. I wonder if EO IV carries the torch as well.

From what I've heard EO IV has an easy mode and regular mode, but even on the regular mode it isn't as difficult as the first three in the series.

#49628 - 03/15/13 01:06 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I was just at Atlus's Etrian Odyssey website(s). OMG I am beside myself with excitement. There's a separate site for each of the four titles. I just got done downloading a veritable cornucopia oif wallpapers. Yay me.

#49632 - 03/15/13 01:41 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I made a few purchases for my DS on Amazon today.

Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey II
Etrian Odyssey III
Soatorobo: Red The Hunter
Radiant Historia

I'm really excited. If I'm really lucky, Solatorobo will come with a CD soundtrack. I purchased all the games as "new" and they were all listed as "in stock" and "fulfilled by Amazon". The Etrians were actually sold by Amazon directly. I hope that they all actually find their way to me unscathed. Keep your fingers crossed for kiku. Apparently Etrian Odyssey is a real bear. It looks to be an unforgiving, but rewarding rpg experience. Solatorobo has received high praise as one of the DS's swan songs. Then again, it's also been labeled as furries. Radiant Historia was a real lucky find for me. I've been looking for an affordable copy of this for awhile now and this one is cheaper than most of the used ones I've looked at in the past. Both Solatorobo and Radiant Historia have unique and inspired game mechanics that are apparently anything but gimmicky. They both also have very appealing character designs. The Etrian Odyssey series is reported to ward off all but the most hardcore of dungeon crawler rpg fans. I hope I got what it takes. If all of these titles make it to me in the "new" condition listed I'll count myself as blessed.
Apparently Radiant Historia came with a CD Soundtrack as well. I believe that both the soundtrack for Radiant Historia and Solatorobo were only released with the initial print runs. I suspect that they both will come to me without them, but kiku's hoping real hard! Radiant Historia is made by Atlus, the company that did the Etrian series. Pure win. Solatorobo is done by XSeed, the makers of Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story, and the upcoming Pandora's Tower. Did I mention pure win?

#49634 - 03/15/13 02:00 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

EO4 is very unforgiving. I like the gimmick of drawing your own dungeon maps. I am totally fine with crawling to every nook and cranny of a video game world with my Pseudo-OCD and all.

#49644 - 03/15/13 11:01 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

My Radiant Historia shipped today... with no tracking. It may be shipping from Canada. That would explain why my order was split and I didn't get free shipping on Radioant Historia. This might be a stupid question but... are games from Canada (Radiant Historia DS) the same copies that we have in the States?

#49652 - 03/15/13 12:29 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

This article leads me to believe that I have nothing to worry about. Although... I am still wondering if the copy I'm receiving (Radiant Historia DS possibly from Canada) is the same game that I might have purchased at a Stateside brick & mortar store when it was new.

#49665 - 03/15/13 02:17 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

are games from Canada (Radiant Historia DS) the same copies that we have in the States?

Yes Canada and US games are NTSC-NA copies, Japan gets NTSC-J. There is no difference between the two.

#49666 - 03/15/13 02:27 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Sweet! Thanks Cheap One. I'm so excited taht I put a EO III Bartender Wallpaper up on my desktop and put together the 130 Wallpapers I found at Atlus's EO I, II, & III sites into a screensaver. I'm also scared, because I've read more daunting reports of EO's difficulty curve. Then again, I'm from the Nintendo generation, and like you; I have been trained in level grinding and exploring EVERY corner, nook, and cranny of a game.

#49747 - 03/17/13 08:11 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

You Don't Know Jack (PS3)

#49841 - 03/19/13 11:43 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

The Legendary Starfy - DS
Kirby Mass Attack - DS
Kirby's Return To Dreamland - Wii
Pikmin 2 Nintendo Selects - Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii

#49849 - 03/20/13 12:14 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Pikmin 2 Nintendo Selects - Wii

One of the few non Zelda Wii games I still own. Fun little title.

#49852 - 03/20/13 12:50 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I never really got the hang of the first one. I look forward giving them another whirl in the future.

#49899 - 03/20/13 08:34 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I was just at Atlus's Etrian Odyssey website(s). OMG I am beside myself with excitement. There's a separate site for each of the four titles. I just got done downloading a veritable cornucopia oif wallpapers. Yay me.
I simply love my screensavers. Loli Ronin FTW!

#49940 - 03/22/13 01:14 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Arc Rise Fantasia (Wii)
Super Princess Peach (DS)

#50004 - 03/24/13 12:20 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm pretty excited about Arc Rise Fantasia. Apparently Yasunori Mitsuda of Chrono Trigger fame composed the music. Not to mention I read somewhere that Studio Bones is involved in the art.

#50146 - 03/27/13 04:50 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Kirby's Epic Yarn

#50155 - 03/27/13 06:02 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Kirby's Epic Yarn

Kirby is just so >.<~ kwee!

#50163 - 03/27/13 11:00 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: sevi]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Apparently unbearably so in Kirby Mass Attack. I can't wait.

#50199 - 03/29/13 01:50 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Mass Attack = Kirby x10 ^_^

#50205 - 03/29/13 04:45 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Katu Man Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: Romania
Having all the Naruto games I just bought the last one Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 and I like it smile

#50209 - 03/29/13 11:27 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: sevi]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: sevi

Mass Attack = Kirby x10 ^_^
Cool pic Sevi!

#50238 - 03/29/13 05:06 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Just bought a copy of Castlevania:Lords of Shadow-Mirror of Fate.

#50250 - 03/30/13 01:31 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: sevi]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just checked out a video for that. It looks real cool. Kinda makes me wish I had a 3DS. Aria Of Sorrow is still one of my faves, plus Dawn Of Sorrow, Portrait Of Ruin, and Order Of Ecclesia.

#50283 - 03/30/13 04:54 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

#50381 - 04/01/13 09:32 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Just picked up the pikachu 3ds xl. Apparently the walmart i bought it from only received 2 of them, so this is a very limited release

#50384 - 04/01/13 09:44 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Animejr]
sevi Offline
UPSF Commodore

Just picked up the pikachu 3ds xl. Apparently the walmart i bought it from only received 2 of them, so this is a very limited release

Mucho expensive purchase. If I could afford it I would buy the limited release Fire Emblem blue N3DS with Fire Emblem: Awakening pre-installed.

#50410 - 04/02/13 01:51 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)

It's a very fun game and I got two pieces of DLC (costume pack and stage) for free.

#50411 - 04/02/13 01:57 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: joelgundam01]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)

It's a very fun game and I got two pieces of DLC (costume pack and stage) for free.

Once you beat Story Mode, do be sure to tell how you liked it. More so if you have played MK(2011).

#50412 - 04/02/13 02:00 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)

Once you beat Story Mode, do be sure to tell how you liked it. More so if you have played MK(2011).

I'm about half way through the story mode right now and yes, I've played MK reboot (aka MK9, MK2011).

I personally like the execution of DOA5's story mode more than MK's at the moment. MK's story mode was interesting, but felt a little rough in execution.

#50422 - 04/02/13 07:06 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

As noted in the "what did you buy (non-anime)" topic I got a 3DS XL & Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon.

If you buy that game (or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon) with a 3DS XL, you get a free digital copy of a game (you choose from 5 games), One of which is Profesor Layton & The Miracle Mask (which I plan to get).

#50426 - 04/02/13 09:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
formerroadie Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Texas... in other words, Hell
I just pre-ordered Shin Megami Tensei IV for the 3DS.... oh how I can't wait!

#50428 - 04/02/13 09:28 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

SMT4 is up for preorder? Why didn't I know about this?

#50450 - 04/03/13 02:07 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I've got Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey for the DS. Pretty weird stuff. I put probably 30+ hours into it, but I got kinda stuck. I've got a used copy of Devil Survivor around here somewhere as well, but I haven't played it yet.

#50508 - 04/04/13 10:52 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Mario VS. Donkey Kong Mini Land Mayhem
Mario & Luigi Partners In Time
Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story

#50996 - 04/17/13 06:44 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Lego City Undercover (WiiU)
2 $20 e shop cards which I used to get Legend Of Zelda Ocarnia Of Time 3D.

#51003 - 04/17/13 11:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Yosh's Island DS (Apparently as good or better than the original, which put Mario fans' skills to the test. devil )
Pandora's Tower (OMG this game looks delicious! yummy It has reversible cover art that is gorgeous! Thank you Operation Rainfall.)

#51135 - 04/20/13 09:04 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
I haven't posted in a while and here's what I got the past 2 month. I got all of these for under $20 thanks to a sale a gamestop

Akai Katana - X-Box 360
Guitar Hero 5 - PS3
Sports Champions - PS3
Medieval Moves - PS3
LAIR - PS3

I also got

Injustice: Gods Among Us Collector's Edition - PS3
Tomb Raider - PS3
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon - DS

Edited by kakashi12210 (04/20/13 09:11 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling mistake

#51138 - 04/20/13 09:09 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kakashi12210]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Akai Katana looks to be a bullet hell to the Nth degree.

#51140 - 04/20/13 09:13 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kakashi12210 Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah, I love bullet hell games and saw it while I was browsing the used bin at gamestop and just had to get it. I haven't had time to try it out yet, but I can't wait to.

#51146 - 04/20/13 09:44 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I own Akai Katana and it is a fun bullet hell game.

Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 ... 58 59 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.