#49624 - 03/15/13 12:04 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: kiku
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Bought a new 3DS game

Etrian Odyssey 4: Legends Of The Titan

Since it was 1st print run. It came with a little art booklet and a CD with the OST.
I'm anxiously awaiting your thoughts on the game, now that I have ordered the first three installments for my DS. EO II is rumored to separate the men from the boys in the dungeon crawler world. Word on the street is, even the stoutest of heroes have gone home crying to their Mommies. I wonder if EO IV carries the torch as well.

From what I've heard EO IV has an easy mode and regular mode, but even on the regular mode it isn't as difficult as the first three in the series.

Advertisement
#49628 - 03/15/13 01:06 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I was just at Atlus's Etrian Odyssey website(s). OMG I am beside myself with excitement. There's a separate site for each of the four titles. I just got done downloading a veritable cornucopia oif wallpapers. Yay me.

#49632 - 03/15/13 01:41 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I made a few purchases for my DS on Amazon today.

Etrian Odyssey
Etrian Odyssey II
Etrian Odyssey III
Soatorobo: Red The Hunter
Radiant Historia

I'm really excited. If I'm really lucky, Solatorobo will come with a CD soundtrack. I purchased all the games as "new" and they were all listed as "in stock" and "fulfilled by Amazon". The Etrians were actually sold by Amazon directly. I hope that they all actually find their way to me unscathed. Keep your fingers crossed for kiku. Apparently Etrian Odyssey is a real bear. It looks to be an unforgiving, but rewarding rpg experience. Solatorobo has received high praise as one of the DS's swan songs. Then again, it's also been labeled as furries. Radiant Historia was a real lucky find for me. I've been looking for an affordable copy of this for awhile now and this one is cheaper than most of the used ones I've looked at in the past. Both Solatorobo and Radiant Historia have unique and inspired game mechanics that are apparently anything but gimmicky. They both also have very appealing character designs. The Etrian Odyssey series is reported to ward off all but the most hardcore of dungeon crawler rpg fans. I hope I got what it takes. If all of these titles make it to me in the "new" condition listed I'll count myself as blessed.
Apparently Radiant Historia came with a CD Soundtrack as well. I believe that both the soundtrack for Radiant Historia and Solatorobo were only released with the initial print runs. I suspect that they both will come to me without them, but kiku's hoping real hard! Radiant Historia is made by Atlus, the company that did the Etrian series. Pure win. Solatorobo is done by XSeed, the makers of Xenoblade Chronicles, Last Story, and the upcoming Pandora's Tower. Did I mention pure win?

#49634 - 03/15/13 02:00 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

EO4 is very unforgiving. I like the gimmick of drawing your own dungeon maps. I am totally fine with crawling to every nook and cranny of a video game world with my Pseudo-OCD and all.

#49644 - 03/15/13 11:01 AM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

My Radiant Historia shipped today... with no tracking. It may be shipping from Canada. That would explain why my order was split and I didn't get free shipping on Radioant Historia. This might be a stupid question but... are games from Canada (Radiant Historia DS) the same copies that we have in the States?

#49652 - 03/15/13 12:29 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

This article leads me to believe that I have nothing to worry about. Although... I am still wondering if the copy I'm receiving (Radiant Historia DS possibly from Canada) is the same game that I might have purchased at a Stateside brick & mortar store when it was new.

#49665 - 03/15/13 02:17 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

are games from Canada (Radiant Historia DS) the same copies that we have in the States?

Yes Canada and US games are NTSC-NA copies, Japan gets NTSC-J. There is no difference between the two.

#49666 - 03/15/13 02:27 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Sweet! Thanks Cheap One. I'm so excited taht I put a EO III Bartender Wallpaper up on my desktop and put together the 130 Wallpapers I found at Atlus's EO I, II, & III sites into a screensaver. I'm also scared, because I've read more daunting reports of EO's difficulty curve. Then again, I'm from the Nintendo generation, and like you; I have been trained in level grinding and exploring EVERY corner, nook, and cranny of a game.

#49747 - 03/17/13 08:11 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
Supermutant Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

You Don't Know Jack (PS3)

#49841 - 03/19/13 11:43 PM Re: What video game did you just buy? [Re: kiku]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

The Legendary Starfy - DS
Kirby Mass Attack - DS
Kirby's Return To Dreamland - Wii
Pikmin 2 Nintendo Selects - Wii
Donkey Kong Country Returns - Wii

Page 17 of 64 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 63 64 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.