?
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#34403 - 03/13/12 06:23 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
"EVAR!"

The term EVAR is loosely related to the word ever. It is often capitalized and followed by an exclamation point. Evar is used in place of ever for dramatic effect and to further illustrate the point. i.e. TRSI is the greatest online store EVAR!

Advertisement
#34405 - 03/13/12 06:35 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
"EVAR!"

The term EVAR is loosely related to the word ever. It is often capitalized and followed by an exclamation point. Evar is used in place of ever for dramatic effect and to further illustrate the point. i.e. TRSI is the greatest online store EVAR!

Okay, I just added that to my list… smile

#34554 - 03/15/12 01:42 AM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

"Troll"

Someone who posts in a forum with the intent of eliciting a negative response from other posters, or to cause general confusion and otherwise derail a topic.

note: Someone making an off-topic post is not necessarily a troll, they are simply straying from the topic. Someone making repeated off-topic posts with the intent of derailing a topic, is a troll.

#34574 - 03/15/12 12:56 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: BWBODDY]
Richard Harms Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
TRSI = The Right Stuf International
We try to stay away from calling ourselves TRSI or using the name with "International" on the end. We'll use "Right Stuf, Inc." as the formal corporate name, "Right Stuf" as the casual one, and "RightStuf.com" to refer to the retail side of the company. We'll always see TRSI all over the place, though. smile

#34576 - 03/15/12 01:35 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: Richard Harms]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

We try to stay away from calling ourselves TRSI or using the name with "International" on the end. We'll use "Right Stuf, Inc." as the formal corporate name, "Right Stuf" as the casual one, and "RightStuf.com" to refer to the retail side of the company. We'll always see TRSI all over the place, though. smile [/quote]
Originally Posted By: Richard Harms
We'll always see TRSI all over the place, though. smile

I’ll continue to use TRSI, I just think it looks Cool when typed out and splashed in Red.
But thanks for the clarification Mr. Harms. I do think
TRSI just looks better,
well… except for
RIGHTSTUF!, but you can’t do the
Logo justice with the available fonts here on the Site.

But I shell Cease & Desist IF commanded to do so.
grin

#34577 - 03/15/12 01:36 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: Richard Harms]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
We try to stay away from calling ourselves TRSI or using the name with "International" on the end. We'll use "Right Stuf, Inc." as the formal corporate name, "Right Stuf" as the casual one, and "RightStuf.com" to refer to the retail side of the company. We'll always see TRSI all over the place, though. smile

I personally use TRSI, because my spell checker doesn't have a fit when I type it. wink

I guess TRSI can stand for "The Right Stuf, Inc." then. I don't see why you have to drop the word "the" from your name as well.

#34580 - 03/15/12 01:51 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

I personally use TRSI, because my spell checker doesn't have a fit when I type it. wink

I guess TRSI can stand for "The Right Stuf, Inc." then. I don't see why you have to drop the word "the" from your name as well.

grin TRSI RULES !

#34610 - 03/15/12 08:57 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I'm at a loss. Am I supposed to stop saying TRSI when referring to RightStuf? I can by all means do that, if it's necessary.

#34612 - 03/15/12 09:06 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

"Cheesecake:"

Synonymous with fan service, with particular regard to ecchi.

ex.:"Godannar's cockpit cams are notorious for cheesecake shots."

#34613 - 03/15/12 09:08 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
I'm at a loss. Am I supposed to stop saying TRSI when referring to RightStuf? I can by all means do that, if it's necessary.

NAH! TRSI it is !!

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.