Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >
Topic Options
#34095 - 03/09/12 12:54 PM Anime/Manga subculture terminology
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
We use so much terminology that many casual fans might be unaware of, I thought it might behoove us to provide some useful information. This wikipedia link contains quite a bit of terminology. If anyone else would like to add, edit, clarify, etc... by all means; feel free.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossary_of_anime_and_manga

Advertisement
#34096 - 03/09/12 01:00 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

TRSIctionary entry for "jigglenauts":

Jigglenauts: adj. Having copious amounts, in direct relation to ecchi fan service. i.e. "Gravion Zwei has jigglenauts of fan service."

TRSIctionary entry for "Jigglewatts":

Jigglewatts: adj. (alt. form of jigglenauts) Having copious amounts, in direct relation to ecchi fan service. i.e. "Plastic Little has jigglewatts of fan service."

TRSIctionary edit for "Jigglewatts":

I imagine Jigglewatts to be a general measure of jigglage. Very much akin to how earthquakes are measured on the richter scale, The overall jigglage of an episode, movie, or series can rate anywhere between 1 and 10 jigglewatts on the jiggascale.
With a ranking of 8-10 Jigglewatts, an anime can really be considered a heavy contender amungst the best jigglenauts available today. ..Or at least best delivering of the jiggles/fan service.

TRSIctionary further reading for the root word "Jiggle":

Satoshi Urushihara's anime Plastic Little is disputably the first anime to utilize the "Jiggle Counter".

#34114 - 03/09/12 04:13 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
TRSIctionary entry for "jigglenauts":

Jigglenauts: adj. Having copious amounts, in direct relation to ecchi fan service. i.e. "Gravion Zwei has jigglenauts of fan service."

TRSIctionary entry for "Jigglewatts":

Jigglewatts: adj. (alt. form of jigglenauts) Having copious amounts, in direct relation to ecchi fan service. i.e. "Plastic Little has jigglewatts of fan service."

TRSIctionary edit for "Jigglewatts":

I imagine Jigglewatts to be a general measure of jigglage. Very much akin to how earthquakes are measured on the richter scale, The overall jigglage of an episode, movie, or series can rate anywhere between 1 and 10 jigglewatts on the jiggascale.
With a ranking of 8-10 Jigglewatts, an anime can really be considered a heavy contender amungst the best jigglenauts available today. ..Or at least best delivering of the jiggles/fan service.

TRSIctionary further reading for the root word "Jiggle":

Satoshi Urushihara's anime Plastic Little is disputably the first anime to utilize the "Jiggle Counter".

kiku, you're the Point Man on this kind of stuff... So here's one... Do the same thing only for Panty Shots.
References, just to name a few: Agent Aika & R-16, Sekirei, Najica Blitz tactics

#34123 - 03/09/12 07:17 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

I know this anime is new on the US side, but since seeing it. It is now the anime I think of when I think of panty shots Rosario + Vampire. I think it is because the preview shot is nothing but a panty shot.

#34127 - 03/09/12 08:04 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
I know this anime is new on the US side, but since seeing it. It is now the anime I think of when I think of panty shots Rosario + Vampire. I think it is because the preview shot is nothing but a panty shot.

You don't know Panty Shots till you watch Agent Aika
(Itís given me a new found appreciation for Clean White Panties )

#34132 - 03/09/12 08:45 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: BWBODDY]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Or Najica Blitz Tactics.

#34138 - 03/09/12 09:04 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: BWBODDY]
Cheap One Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

I've seen that one, it does have a lot of panty shots. And I do feel that hurts R+V in that reguard as the preview image is the only thing that comes to mind when thinking of that show and panty shots.

Though for me personally when I think of panty shots I will always think of Dead Or Alive as that is where I learned about panty shots back in 2000 on the Dreamcast.

#34139 - 03/09/12 09:13 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

Or Najica Blitz Tactics.

Sorry, my bad frown... Yes and Najica Blitz Tactics grin

With all this talk of Panties I'm going to have to line up a little "
PAW" ( Pantsu Anime Weekend )
before I start on Clannad after story and the Clannad Movie

#34192 - 03/10/12 11:12 AM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

TRSIctionary entry for "Gainax Bounce":

Gainax Bounce: n. Having an excessive level of jigglewattage, commonly associated the works of the anime studio Gainax. i.e. "I just finished Gunbuster 2 and the Gainax Bounce was off the charts."

Further reading for "Gainax Bounce":

The Gainax Bounce disputably originated in the anime Diebuster aka: Gunbuster 2.

#34326 - 03/12/12 09:34 PM Re: Anime/Manga subculture terminology [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I discovered the difference between an otaku and a weeaboo today.

An otaku is obsessed with japanese entertainment. i.e. anime, hentai, figures, manga, etc...

A weeaboo is obsessed with japanese culture. i.e. language, pocky, bento, fashion, etc...

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 ... 12 13 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.