Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#33577 - 02/29/12 12:11 PM simple pleasures
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
In the hustle and bustle of this world we live in, it's altogether too infrequent that we step back for a second (much less a minute) and take a breath. On this dreary day, I'm enjoying a freshly ground, brewed, and pressed hot and steaming cup of Peruvian coffee. It didn't cost me a lot of money, but it really takes the edge off of the wet & cold outside. Yesterday I met with an old friend and we went out for Asian. I enjoyed my meal with chopsticks, and my conversation with surprisingly good Oolong dinner tea. I think it was Oolong anyhow. Tea with dinner is actually quite good for not only digestion, but enjoyment as well. I just sat back, looked out the window, sipped my tea, and soaked up the wisdom my buddy imparted to me; kidding...or am I. I have a little time to post today, and I'm thankful for that as well. We (all of us) keep so busy all the time. It's as if I we're trying desperately to hurry up and age. "Quick, spend all your time making money so you can spend it all on medical bills as you get older." This tenet is ever present, but I refuse to let it get me down. It's bad for the soul. If you can turn off all the negative stimuli surrounding you (stress, media, etc..) for just a moment, you just might be able to step back and realize how beautiful this world is once in a blue moon.

Advertisement
#37070 - 05/02/12 07:30 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Wow !!! ( The clam has been almost Zen like ) Ö
I realize Iím " Risking Ending It " by posting about it, but the relative calm that has
Settled over the Forum for the last few days is nice and my Blood Pressure seems lower.

Now asking a totally unrelated question *cough, cough , cough* ( & a wink ) whereís
Blankety-Blank been ! ( ? )

Edited by BWBODDY (05/02/12 04:22 PM)
Edit Reason: Sorry if you haven't already read what the name was

#37074 - 05/02/12 09:47 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Haha, so that is why its been quite?

#37076 - 05/02/12 09:50 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Haha, so that is why its been quite?

*grin*

#37086 - 05/02/12 11:51 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

*see: "Anime/Manga Subculture Terminology" topic

#37115 - 05/02/12 09:19 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Well-I for one don't miss "fill in the blank"-the forum is a quieter and calmer place without him or her (as the case may be).

#37124 - 05/03/12 12:56 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I'm pretty sure she was just some lonely girl named Melissa who wanted some sort of place to vent her love for everything Yayoi...

Plus she apparently lived way out in the middle of nowhere since she had no clue who half the people we were talking about were.

I am not saying that is a bad thing, but it's kinda rare in today's rather high tech environment. Where you can get info in under 10 seconds about stuff you did not know about, or even stuff you did not want to know about.

#45826 - 12/07/12 10:56 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I found this littlepiece of serendipity today:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

#46303 - 12/18/12 08:37 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: ]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: animeana
That was nice. I'm new in this forum site and hoping to have cool conversation with other members during my stay.

Hello animeana... Welcome to the Forum... grin

#46321 - 12/18/12 07:14 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: ]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Welcome to Anime Today animeana.

#47966 - 02/06/13 06:56 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
PetrifiedJello Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Indiana
Now that it's winter, one of my simple pleasures is the feeling I get when I come in from the cold, nestle under a heavy blanket, two cats at my lap, and the warmth that envelopes me takes over. It's too hard for words to explain, but this type of warmth isn't like just getting warm. I can feel it taking over and it's the only thing about winter I enjoy.

Another simple pleasure I have is looking at my awesome figure collection. Kawaii. Yep, it's like that.

Then there's the simple pleasure of a Little Debby peanut butter bar and a large glass of milk.

(and I can't forget Akari, either. She's probably the best simple pleasure I've ever seen)

Edited by PetrifiedJello (02/06/13 06:56 AM)

#47977 - 02/06/13 09:48 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: PetrifiedJello]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Cat's are magical, to be sure. I'm a firm believer that they come to us, and are our guides and protectors on a metaphysical level. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm kinda serious. I'd love to see a pic of yours.

As far as Little Debbie is concerned, she provided the better part of my nutritional needs in high school.

#47983 - 02/06/13 10:24 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Cat's are magical, to be sure. I'm a firm believer that they come to us, and are our guides and protectors on a metaphysical level. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm kinda serious. I'd love to see a pic of yours.

As far as Little Debbie is concerned, she provided the better part of my nutritional needs in high school.

Our cats, oldest to youngest
Jewel ( Missy's Mom )
Missy ( she's a Midget, so she still looks like a Kitten )
Bobby ( he's a lot bigger than he looks here, not Fat, just a Big Cat )

#47992 - 02/06/13 11:18 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Jewel ( Missy's Mom )THE BOSS
Missy ( she's a Midget, so she still looks like a Kitten )THE TROUBLEMAKER
Bobby ( he's a lot bigger than he looks here, not Fat, just a Big Cat )THE BABY

#47994 - 02/06/13 11:55 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Jewel ( Missy's Mom )THE BOSS
Missy ( she's a Midget, so she still looks like a Kitten )THE TROUBLEMAKER
Bobby ( he's a lot bigger than he looks here, not Fat, just a Big Cat )THE BABY

More like this
Jewel:
is the Quite, Sweet and most Normal one, and therefore
gets the least attention, because she doesnít demand it.
( but we've been going out of our way to give her the attention, due to her age and fail nature )

Missy:
She was born on our Bed, and itís all hers, sheíll run off the others if they try to get on it.
She likes to stay in or near the Master Bed room, but there are exceptions to that.
She always wants my attention.

Bobby:
He thinks he is , the Boss, but he is the Troublemaker, the Scaredy-Cat
and the Biggest Baby, all rolled up into one.

Edited by BWBODDY (02/07/13 08:11 AM)

#48021 - 02/06/13 06:56 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

laugh

I love cats.

#50771 - 04/10/13 12:15 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Freebieís seem to be a "Simple Pleasure" that anyone can enjoy.

I moved the Post over to Free Stuf
grin

Edited by BWBODDY (04/10/13 08:46 PM)

#54293 - 07/03/13 08:05 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Ö.......ÖÖÖ. Simple Pleasure
Movie Theater Marathons

Just like this 4th of JulyÖÖÖÖÖÖ.

Tomorrow Iíll be hitting the Movie Theater bright and early, My Movie Line Up is.
The Lone Ranger
Despicable Me 2
Monster University
White House Down
( maybe )
Because I just have this feeling that compared to Olympus Has Fallen, White House Down is going to Suck ?( but who knows )

Iíll probably not start with The Lone Ranger due to it being 2 Ĺ hours long.
I think Despicable Me 2 will be the 1st one.

Now the time I get out of a Movie will determine what the next Movie will be, I donít want to wait to long between Showings.
Also being a Holiday they may have both Wings of the Theater manned a lot sooner than they normally would.
And when that happens Iíll be stuck with only seeing whatís in the Wing Iím in once they have both manned.

Why you say, because I only buy one Ticket when I do these little Movie Marathons of mine.
Iím not going to get to see a Movie in Theater number 10 ( in the north wing ) at 9 PM,
when I only have a Ticket for, let's say Monster Universe in Theater number 3 ( in the South Wing ) for Noon

I may even end up having to see an Alternate Movie Ö.
The Heat
Man of Steel
( again )
World War Z ( again )
The Purge
If Iím not able to see all of the Movies in my Main List due to not being able to get into the Theater due to Ticket Takers blocking my way, Iíll go for one of the Alternates.

Well, thatís how Iím spending the 4th of July grin

#54305 - 07/04/13 11:08 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Ö.......ÖÖÖ. Simple Pleasure
Movie Theater Marathons

Just like this 4th of JulyÖÖÖÖÖÖ.

Tomorrow Iíll be hitting the Movie Theater bright and early, My Movie Line Up is.
The Lone Ranger
Despicable Me 2
Monster University
White House Down
( maybe )
Because I just have this feeling that compared to Olympus Has Fallen, White House Down is going to Suck ?( but who knows )
<snip>

So much for that, a perfect Strom has caused me to not go todayÖ..
Well, to be exact, I went there and my first sign of trouble was the totally full parking lot.
( Iím talking about the very first showing of the day, not 2pm or anything like that )

Than seeing the people still outside trying to get in ( and this Theater has a Hugh indoor Lobby )
I think what Tipped the Iceberg was that itís raining here, so what are the parents going to do with the kids?
Well if they had planned on taking them to see Despicable Me 2 or Monsters University.
Than they brought them sooner then I bet they would of if it hadnít been raining, since the kids couldnít go outside and play.
And others thought well I might as well enjoy myself as well, and said letís go to the Movies.
( this is why I was going to see the first Showing of the day, to avoid the early afternoon Rush) oh well frown

If I had stayed Iíd still be waiting for the Movie to start, I wasnít going to make it to see the one I wanted
Due to the start time ( I hadnít planned on the line that was there ) and the start time for the next one that I wanted to see is at 12:30pm. ( it is now 12pm )

Well, the next WEEKDAY that we donít have to watch the grandkids is Friday July 19th.
So Iíll shoot for that day as the next Movie Theater Marathon.

So now I guess Iíll just finish up R.O.D. TV

edit
But if I get up bright and early Saturday and I'm feeling frisky, I might try it than ...

#54700 - 07/12/13 11:21 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
Sankii Offline
UPSF Ensign

Glad someone posted something like this really. Lately I've been having alot of gloomy days, and pressured by much of the realities becoming an adult provides. Bills. Loans. More bills. Money in general. Work. College. It becomes all so pressuring and stressful at one point, and sometimes I wonder if half of it's even worth it.

My simple pleasure has always and will always be sitting back in my chair or in bed, with a nice snack and something warm to drink ready to watch some anime. I normally keep skype open to chat with friends as I watch but, there's something so calming about forgetting the day's stresses with a nice round of anime episodes. The moment the theme song or show starts, it's like my worries are immediately melted away for the moment.

#54704 - 07/13/13 01:14 AM Re: simple pleasures [Re: Sankii]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

You said it! I totally agree Sankii.

#54879 - 07/16/13 08:03 PM Re: simple pleasures [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
One of my simple pleasures is getting up at the crack of dawn and walking out on my balcony and looking at the rising sun on the horizon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.