Page 89 of 344 < 1 2 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 343 344 >
Topic Options
#45020 - 11/16/12 08:00 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Funimation has just put out another survey:

https://s.zoomerang.com/s/funimationfallsurvey

Once again, they did not bother to ask what titles we might like to see brought over. Instead, they're more interested in your feelings about streaming services, the types of devices you want content streamed to, and how you feel about subtitling and learning Japanese. (Read as: "The expense of dubbing is getting to us, and we'd like to start releasing at least some of our titles sub-only.")

Advertisement
#45021 - 11/16/12 08:20 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I think that for the most part that their surveys are quite dumb.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#45023 - 11/16/12 09:12 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
New interview with the Dark Lord (Shawne Kleckner) on ANN's podcast.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2012-11-16

#45024 - 11/16/12 10:29 PM Re: Anime News [Re: Manhiem]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: Manhiem
how you feel about subtitling and learning Japanese. (Read as: "The expense of dubbing is getting to us, and we'd like to start releasing at least some of our titles sub-only.")

If that is the reason that is a bad sign for the pro dub crowd. I think you can guess that a little from that, and Funimation was pushing it with some of their releases with adding in a dub. Will be very interesting to see if Funimation starts releasing stuff as sub only in the future.

#45025 - 11/16/12 10:41 PM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

I tuned into that episode. I was glad to hear that Ristorante Paradiso was doing well for them as well as Nadesico. Also glad that buisiness has been doing well for them.
Plus, did we get yet another juicy hint of a "lost cause" license? smile
Oooooo I wonder what it could be? smirk

#45031 - 11/17/12 02:58 AM Re: Anime News [Re: Cheap One]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
how you feel about subtitling and learning Japanese. (Read as: "The expense of dubbing is getting to us, and we'd like to start releasing at least some of our titles sub-only.")

If that is the reason that is a bad sign for the pro dub crowd. I think you can guess that a little from that, and Funimation was pushing it with some of their releases with adding in a dub. Will be very interesting to see if Funimation starts releasing stuff as sub only in the future.
I personally own a lot of subtitled anime, but I prefer English dubbed. I believe that the industry is severely underestimating the sheer volume of anime fans that demand English dubbing. Furthermore, I believe that a major shift to subtitled anime could spell doom for the anime industry as we know it. I believe that anime fans as a whole will not tolerate subtitles as a rule. There is massive revenue to be had from home video anime releases, and part of that business agreement between the industry and it's fans is that the fans provide payment for the DVD/BD, and the industry provides a dubbed product at the very least; most of the time. No dub, no sale. Finally, I don't know if we need to fear an overwhelming shift toward subtitles. After all, Sentai Filmworks is starting to release dubbed anime with more frequency; and in the past they've been synonomous with subtitled releases.

#45033 - 11/17/12 09:56 AM Re: Anime News [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku

I personally own a lot of subtitled anime, but I prefer English dubbed. I believe that the industry is severely underestimating the sheer volume of anime fans that demand English dubbing. Furthermore, I believe that a major shift to subtitled anime could spell doom for the anime industry as we know it. I believe that anime fans as a whole will not tolerate subtitles as a rule. There is massive revenue to be had from home video anime releases, and part of that business agreement between the industry and it's fans is that the fans provide payment for the DVD/BD, and the industry provides a dubbed product at the very least; most of the time. No dub, no sale. Finally, I don't know if we need to fear an overwhelming shift toward subtitles. After all, Sentai Filmworks is starting to release dubbed anime with more frequency; and in the past they've been synonomous with subtitled releases.

Well, Iíll look at it from the brightside ( for this Post only )
"Itíll make buying less so much easier if they Dub less".

P.S.
Personally, I think that the way to get more people into Anime is to DUB IT into English, and get out there and promote it and Air it.

And not just on Adult Swim and Funimation
*If it stays Japanese, than it will always be a niche Artform*

#45035 - 11/17/12 10:25 AM Re: Anime News [Re: joelgundam01]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

Shawne would make a horrible motivational speaker, I'd probally be sleeping after the first 5 minutes-but aside from that he had a lot of interesting things to say about the state of the anime industry.

#45036 - 11/17/12 10:30 AM Re: Anime News [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku

As a rabid watcher of crunchyroll rips and fansubs I don't dislike subbed only releases but I strongly prefer dubbed ones. The only reason Sentai released almost all of their early titles subbed only is simply that they didn't have the money for dubs-after all they were in a precarious state of financial affairs after the Sojitz torpedo that almost sank their boat.

#45044 - 11/17/12 01:31 PM Re: Anime News [Re: stargates]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
It sure seems to me that it is a resounding majority that speaks for their strong preference for dubbed anime. I hope the industry has got it's ears on.

Page 89 of 344 < 1 2 ... 87 88 89 90 91 ... 343 344 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.