Start Shopping! Cart
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#31842 - 01/31/12 12:58 PM Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English???
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
All the disc’s in the newly released Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA Series
default to:
Japanese Spoken Language and English Subtitles.
Meaning you have to manually select English if that’s the Language you want to listen to.

TRSI says the Dirty Pair OVA Series disc do default to English Spoken Language and the problem is with my DVD player…

Even after I’ve gone in and rechecked and reset my player defaults
I would remove the disc, power down, … Power up and play the disc again, and still it would default to
Japanese Spoken Language and English Subtitles.

Did anyone Else’s Player do anything different then this???
Did your’s default to:
English Spoken Language and Soft Japanese Subtitles???
OR
Japanese Spoken Language and English Subtitles

Let me know

Advertisement
#31854 - 01/31/12 08:58 PM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: BWBODDY]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I have on Oppo DV-983H with english set as the default language and these discs default to japanese on startup-it's the discs that are defective-not the player-BTW google DV-983H and you'll see what I mean.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#31889 - 02/01/12 10:29 AM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: zrdb
I have on Oppo DV-983H with english set as the default language and these discs default to japanese on startup-it's the discs that are defective-not the player-BTW google DV-983H and you'll see what I mean.

I got an e-mail response to my live chat question, I was asking if the same thing was going to happen with the Re-Mastered Dirty Pair Movies.
( It defaulting to Japanese instead of English )

I was told that they ( their techs ) tested the DVD’s and they Defaulted to English.
They were talking about the OVA’s, I never got an answer about the up coming Re-Mastered Movies…

Well I did get a blanket statement.

"However, the items that we release at Nozomi will default to English like the other items do "

I wonder if there is a Communication Problem here, OR maybe they may be bending things a little…
They might be saying.....
the Re-Mastered Dirty Pair OVA’S default to English……
But maybe what they means is…
That there is a English Audio Track option

As far as the up coming release of the Dirty Pair Re-Mastered Movies, I’m assuming that the response

"However, the items that we release at Nozomi will default to English like the other items do "
Also covers that

Oh did I also mention, I tried the DVD’S out in my Bluray and still the same result…

-------------- HERE IS THE REPLY E-MAIL TO MY LIVE CHAT QUESTION------------------
------------THE PART IN ITALICIZE PRINT IS MY SIDE OF THE LIVE CHAT-------------

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for choosing Right Stuf!

The following is the information that you had asked me to check on and our production department did get back to me with some answers:

"Hello Jake
Since it’s about Right Stuf / Nozomi I thought you “might” know…

Quick question ( I hope ) Given the unhappiness of mine ( and others) and comments about the same,
here and other site’s, about the Re-Mastered Dirty Pair Ova’s defaulting to,
Japanese Spoken Language & English Subtitles ( hard subtitles )
Instead of English Spoken Language & soft English subtitle.

I don’t suppose that Right Stuf’s / Nozomi Entertainment has provided you with the information
about the up coming Re-Mastered Dirty Pair Movies release, as to weather or not they too will default to
Japanese Spoken Language and English Subtitles, like the Ova’s ??"

I have been told that the Re-Mastered Dirty Pair OVA's DVD does default to English. Our production department check with some resources and played the dvd themselves and always had the English defaulted. We have been informed that this could be an issue with your player and the default setting that you have in place. The format of the DVD is perhaps causing your player to misread the default format but the player that we use seems to not have that problem. However, the items that we release at Nozomi will default to English like the other items do.

I apologize for any inconvenience and if you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Thank you and have a nice day,
Jake H.

--------------------------THIS IS THE E-MAIL I SENT IN RESPONCE TO THEIR E-MAIL---------------------

Hi Jake
Thanks for the reply, no in this case the OVA’S defaulted to Japanese even after repeatedly manually setting the defaults.
( but it still defaulted to Japanese )
But the point of the Live chat was about the up coming re-mastered release of the
Dirty Pair Movies.
I do see you make a blanket statement:

"However, the items that we release at Nozomi will default to English like the other items do"

So, thanks, I do appreciate the reply, I’ll have to ask this question of the Forum users and see if any of them have had their Re-Mastered Dirty Pair OVA Set default to English like you say it does…

Thanks again
Bruce

#31952 - 02/01/12 10:29 PM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: BWBODDY]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Um-sorry guys-you're wrong-I have 5 dvd players and 2 bluray players and when I played the discs in each (english is set as the default language) japanese is what I heard-so if I'm wrong then I have 7 screwed up players. That just isn't so and I know I'm not smoking dope.

#31953 - 02/01/12 11:30 PM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: zrdb]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Um-sorry guys-you're wrong-I have 5 dvd players and 2 bluray players and when I played the discs in each (english is set as the default language) japanese is what I heard-so if I'm wrong then I have 7 screwed up players. That just isn't so and I know I'm not smoking dope.

Maybe you can pass this on to Jake during Live Chat ??? smile

#32052 - 02/03/12 09:36 AM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: BWBODDY]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Actually I did and I got about as far as you did-not very far.

#32053 - 02/03/12 09:39 AM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: zrdb]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY

Same here and I literally have every language setting on my players set to English and not "auto". Right Stuf and Funimation are just notorious in ignoring that feature.

#32071 - 02/03/12 11:42 AM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01

Same here and I literally have every language setting on my players set to English and not "auto". Right Stuf and Funimation are just notorious in ignoring that feature.

We’re not wrong, because that would mean we’re lying
What I said happens when I try to play the Re-Mastered Dirty Pair Ova’s DOES happen.

Are you sure you’re talking about The New Re-Mastered Release of Ova’s from TRSI ??

If so, you’re the only one…
No one else has said it doesn't happen to them yet except you.

I do not now how zrdb’s and my DVD & Bluray players & Computer can be wrong.
I’ve also tried them out in my DVD & Bluray Players and my Computer

P.S.
I’ve said this before… Are you sure you don’t work at TRSI ? smile
( I’m just kidding - (?) - but I have said it before )
You’ve always been very knowledgeable and have been a great help to many.
Me included.

#32078 - 02/03/12 11:58 AM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: BWBODDY]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
Are you sure you’re talking about The New Re-Mastered Release of Ova’s from TRSI ??

I'm talking about their titles in general. All of my Nozomi/TRSI DVDS are defaulted to Japanese with English subtitles and that's with all of my settings set to "English" on my player.

I personally don't have an issue with this, since I'm so used to toggling the settings with my DVD/BD remote.

#32091 - 02/03/12 01:51 PM Re: Re-Mastered DIRTY PAIR OVA's did yours default to English??? [Re: joelgundam01]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

I'm talking about their titles in general. All of my Nozomi/TRSI DVDS are defaulted to Japanese with English subtitles and that's with all of my settings set to "English" on my player.

I personally don't have an issue with this, since I'm so used to toggling the settings with my DVD/BD remote.

Oh, okay, so your copy of the Re-Mastered Dirty Pair does the same thing as our does.
( default to Japanese with English subtitles )

I’m sorry joelgundam01, I thought you where saying the opposite. ( Sorry grin...)
( and you are a great source of info. on this Site )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.