Start Shopping! Cart
Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10
Topic Options
#45340 - 11/27/12 08:00 AM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: Boog]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Boog
I collected only 3 Maison Ikkoku boxedsets and missed out on the other 5 boxedsets that are now out of print.

Record of Lodoss War and Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroric Knight boxedsets that I missed out on that are now out of print too. I need to get the other Ranma 1/2 series sets and movies. smile

I know what you mean .. frown ..

I just paid out the nose for Big O "Volume One" .. crazy ..

Advertisement
#45343 - 11/27/12 09:54 AM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: BWBODDY]
Boog Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: San Jose CA United States
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
I collected only 3 Maison Ikkoku boxedsets and missed out on the other 5 boxedsets that are now out of print.

Record of Lodoss War and Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroric Knight boxedsets that I missed out on that are now out of print too. I need to get the other Ranma 1/2 series sets and movies. smile

I know what you mean .. frown ..

I just paid out the nose for Big O "Volume One" .. crazy ..

Hopefully RightStuf will get reprints of Record of Lodoss War, Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroric Knight and Ranma 1/2 series and Ranma 1/2 movies boxedsets real soon. Also Macross series sets, Macross DYRL movie and OVA's too.

Last time I ordered these from RightStuf with my Got Anime discount card, I ordered from them many times since 1998 with their catalogs when spotting an order from in a video game magazine. cool

Azumanga Daioh DVD series boxedset collection
Bubblegum Crash OVA DVD
Dirty Pair OVA series DVD collection
Galaxy Express 999 DVD
Adieu Galaxy Express 999 DVD
Read or Die OVA + TV series Blu-ray boxedset collection
Ranma 1/2 Digital Dojo season 1 DVD boxedset collection
Slayers seasons 1-3 DVD boxedset collection
Trigun series DVD boxedset collection.
Trigun: Badlands Rumble DVD
Vision of Escaflowne DVD boxedset collection

The Big O is awesome!

Edited by Boog (11/27/12 10:03 AM)

The Game Master

#45344 - 11/27/12 10:29 AM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: Boog]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Hopefully RightStuf will get reprints of Record of Lodoss War, Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroric Knight

I wouldn't hold my breath on Lodoss War. Media Blaster acquired the title a couple of years ago, but were forced to sell it back because of the materials are in really poor shape (even worse than what CPM had).

#45348 - 11/27/12 11:51 AM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: Boog]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Also Macross series sets, Macross DYRL movie and OVA's too.

There's a big legal mess w.r.t. Macross and Robotech rights that prevents Macross DYRL, Macross Frontier etc. from being released in the west.
(wouldn't be surprised if it also prevents re-releases of the other Macross franchises once those licenses expire... frown )
My guess is that to now release a Macross title in the west, the company trying to license it will probably spend more on lawyers than they'd spend on licensing + dub + release costs combined of some other high profile title. frown
(and if Funimation/Rightstuf/whoever can spend "X" on some high profile title or "2X" on a Macross title, which do you think they will pick? frown )

Edited by SD Maruko-kun (11/27/12 11:52 AM)

#45352 - 11/27/12 01:38 PM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Yup, and if they did spend enough to acquire them; how much would they have to mark them up just to break even? Surely those costs would trickle down to us, the consumers. Granted; a nut like me might pay through the nose for previously unnavailable Macropss franchise materials, but would the average anime fan?

Page 10 of 10 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.