Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#31018 - 01/06/12 07:47 PM DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......!
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
We all have anime series/ovas that we knew should we have gotten before it went oop-and end up kicking ourselves in the a** for being so stupid. What are your gaffes?

One of mine was box 8 of Maison Ikkoku.

Advertisement
#31023 - 01/06/12 09:46 PM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: zrdb]
Chalryn Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Walden, NY
This is practically a daily struggle for me, since much of what I'm interested in is aimed at the niche crowds. <_< Everything I want winds up going out of production, and then third-party sale prices skyrocket to the point that you just about have to sell your soul to afford it.

To name one, off the top of my head, I'm still pretty pissed that I didn't pick up Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence (Blu-ray) back when RightStuf still had a handful in stock (and for cheap). I have the lame DreamWorks version of the movie on DVD, so I was excited when I discovered that Bandai actually released it with a full dub and whatnot, and on BD to boot. Nowadays, it goes for something like $100+. One movie. One hundred dollars. -_- Even the DVD version(s) go for quite a bit. Meanwhile, in the UK, they even have a dual-pack of GitS 2.0 + Innocence on Blu-ray. Sigh. If only importing didn't mean needing a separate player. (Not to mention still overpaying for the product itself.)

The list goes on and on, and continues to grow longer. "Frustrating" is an understatement. With luck, I'll hopefully be picking up Wolf's Rain's Anime Legends box set in the near future, since that's another title falling into this category now.

MAL: Currently Watching, Completed

#31024 - 01/06/12 09:49 PM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: zrdb]
Manhiem Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Idaho
Cardcaptor Sakura. I think I was just beginning to collect anime as the last volumes of that series were coming out. I didn't understand the significance of it until it was well out-of-print, and now collecting it would be prohibitively expensive. I keep hoping someone will give it a license rescue, but I suspect that the licensing cost would make that an impossible dream. frown

#31025 - 01/06/12 10:14 PM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: zrdb]
ninjachad Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

When They Cry. I saw it at FYE maybe over two years ago, or so. At that time, I think I was just beginning to collect anime. It was about $50. Why didn't I buy it? I thought it was too expensive.. cry

Edited by ninjachad (01/06/12 10:17 PM)

#31026 - 01/06/12 10:53 PM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: zrdb]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Nanoha season 2, saw it used at a local comic store, when they were selling off all their rental DVDs. Should have grabbed it, but I did not.

Also was going to get Doki Doki School Hours for really cheap, but they decided to donate the leftover stuff to a local library.

#31031 - 01/07/12 12:31 AM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: zrdb]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Great idea for a topic zrdb!

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Fate/Stay Night
Shakugan No Shana
Familiar Of Zero
Chibi Vampire

#31034 - 01/07/12 01:35 AM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: ninjachad]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Originally Posted By: ninjachad
When They Cry. I saw it at FYE maybe over two years ago, or so. At that time, I think I was just beginning to collect anime. It was about $50. Why didn't I buy it? I thought it was too expensive.. cry

I bought that a couple months ago for $130. I figured the price would only go higher.

#31040 - 01/07/12 03:14 AM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: Nambu Hakase]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
I was lucky enough to find an acquaintance who sold it to me for $80.00, although their initials were on every disc. I used isopropyl alcohol, but there is still a very light remaining ink. It's barely noticeable.

#31070 - 01/07/12 04:43 PM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: zrdb]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Another one of my boo boos was not getting all of Kimagure Orange Road tv-but I was able to rectify that thanks to Netflix and some good quality dvd blanks-burn and return.

#31085 - 01/07/12 07:07 PM Re: DARN IT-I knew I should have gotten that series/ova before it disappeared......! [Re: zrdb]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

That must have been some time ago. I doubt Netflix still has all the volumes.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.