Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#51779 - 05/08/13 10:39 AM Re: Screening Permission Guide [Re: nick]
kaitou-al Offline
UPSF Ensign

I'm going to contact Maiden Japan and Discotek through their email, but what's the difference between the distributor and the licensor? Section23 is distributing, but I was just wondering.

Yeah, I got that email from Bandai Visuals too. ; A ;

Edited by kaitou-al (05/08/13 10:55 AM)

Advertisement
#56757 - 08/29/13 11:53 PM Re: Screening Permission Guide [Re: nick]
anime nympho Offline
UPSF Ensign

Hi, so new to this. I was wondering if I could get a few pointers and tips from those of you that have been getting licensing for anime to show in your clubs. What I am really interested in is which companies do you find are the easiest to work with. I have already work with Nozomi, and they have been great. My club just has not had much luck with the others. Are there differnt methood for dealing with the differnt companies? Thanks

#58472 - 10/10/13 03:51 PM Re: Screening Permission Guide [Re: TemporalSandwich]
Otaku Anime Corp Offline
UPSF Ensign

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but is it possible to get blanket permissions from companies for weekly club meetings? I'd like to be a bit spontaneous with our schedule.

I don't know about blanket permission, but you can buy licenses for certain companies (as a library we do this). In order to show FUNimation, you can get a specific anime license with Movie Licensing USA (http://www.movlic.com). But be warned it is NOT a complete list of titles (you can see the list here: http://library.movlic.com/anime-titles).

For Miyazaki movies (i.e. Disney), you can get a license here: http://www.swank.com/about.html

I have not heard of a free blanket license, though.

Edited by Otaku Anime Corp (10/10/13 03:53 PM)

#58473 - 10/10/13 04:04 PM Re: Screening Permission Guide [Re: anime nympho]
Otaku Anime Corp Offline
UPSF Ensign

Originally Posted By: anime nympho
Hi, so new to this. I was wondering if I could get a few pointers and tips from those of you that have been getting licensing for anime to show in your clubs. What I am really interested in is which companies do you find are the easiest to work with. I have already work with Nozomi, and they have been great. My club just has not had much luck with the others. Are there differnt methood for dealing with the differnt companies? Thanks

RIGHT STUF NOZOMI: Awesome. They are always quick to reply.

VIZ: Hit or miss. On their form they ask for three months lead time on requests, and based on the notes I get on the return fax they really do appreciate it. But half the time I have to fax my request again and don't always get a response.

FUNIMATION: When they had their Operation Anime thing, they were awesome. Now I have trouble getting a response from their anime club division. I e-mailed them about that, asking if I was supposed to get confirmation or if I should simply consider the mailed in request as automatic permission. I was basically given an e-mail address of a specific person and said if I ask him, I should get confirmation... but he never did reply. That's a bit frustrating since 75% of what we show ends up being FUNimation.

AnimEigo: I remember them being quick and easy (no forms... simply ask and they say, "Sure thing!"), but they don't have much anime left anymore to use them much.

Aniplex: They always got back with me quickly and were very friendly.

Section23: Pretty good to work with and I've gotten responses.

Media Blasters: Finding a way to contact them is a headache. There is no contact on their website, and the e-mail at the beginning of this thread no longer works. I tried e-mailing other staff and no one responded. Someone earlier suggested going through Facebook, so that's an option (I'm about to try now), but no clue if I'll actually get a response.

I think those are the ones I've worked with, although I could be blanking on someone. Right Stuf, Viz, FUNimation, and Section23 require a form to be filled out (you can e-mail Right Stuf the form and fax Viz theirs, but FUNimation and Section23 want a copy physically mailed to them).

Of all the companies, Right Stuf is by far the easiest to work with, along with Section23. I dread having to ask FUNimation, Viz, and Media Blasters because it's up in the air if I'll get a response, then I'm stuck trying to decide if I'm in compliance showing something.

#58973 - 10/22/13 06:56 AM Re: Screening Permission Guide [Re: nick]
scorpio96 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Does anyone know how to contact Saban for screening permissions? I want to show Digimon Adventure 02 at my Anime Club, but I haven't found any info on Saban. Any help would be appreciated.

#60056 - 11/14/13 06:23 PM Re: Screening Permission Guide [Re: scorpio96]
Otaku Anime Corp Offline
UPSF Ensign

According to Wikipedia, Saban was purchased by Disney. Your best bet is to try to contact them, although you may need to purchase a movie license.

Off topic from Saban, but has anyone had luck getting FUNimation to reply? I've send them letters with SASE inside, e-mailed the person directly who supposedly handles requests, etc. but they never answer. I'm not sure if simply sending them the request is good enough in their eyes for approval or if I'm supposed to wait for an answer, but they never seem to bother replying no matter how easy I try to make it.

#70995 - 06/20/14 02:20 PM Re: Screening Permission Guide [Re: nick]
Bakusen Offline
UPSF Ensign

Hello, I would like to know if my anime club from Romania can be helped by your anime clubs support program regarding screening permission and any other kind of help you can offer to clubs. I would be really thankful for a response. Have a good day ^_^.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.