Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#30595 - 12/28/11 03:55 PM On Demand
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Did you just watch an anime on demand? confused Was it cool? cool Is it not available on DVD (Blu-ray)? frown Do you wish that it was available on DVD (Blu-ray)? laugh

Tell us what it was. Maybe even tell us why it was so awesome. Heck, tell us why it so richly deserves a DVD (Blu-ray) release.

Advertisement
#30596 - 12/28/11 03:58 PM Re: On Demand [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just watched the first episode of Ro-Kyu-Bu! (aka Fast Break!) on "On Demand". It takes kawaii to the next level. It has a endearing mix of uber cuteness and meaningful slice of life, all wrapped up in a school sports package. Normally this is not my cup of tea, but I watched an episode on a whim and loved it... I wish there was a DVD release.

#30597 - 12/28/11 06:29 PM Re: On Demand [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Nope-never have and I doubt that I ever will.

#30600 - 12/28/11 10:33 PM Re: On Demand [Re: kiku]
dark_producer Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Burnsville, MN
Originally Posted By: kiku
I just watched the first episode of Ro-Kyu-Bu! (aka Fast Break!) on "On Demand". It takes kawaii to the next level. It has a endearing mix of uber cuteness and meaningful slice of life, all wrapped up in a school sports package. Normally this is not my cup of tea, but I watched an episode on a whim and loved it... I wish there was a DVD release.

Im gonna start that in a couple days I saw a clip of it yesterday and it looked good.

I just watched the first episode of B Gata H Kei on On Demand. Ive seen the sub version before and im thinking i'll preorder the dubbed one thats coming out.

#31039 - 01/07/12 03:11 AM Re: On Demand [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

O.K., O.K.; I just watched a couple more episodes of Ro-Kyu-Bu. This anime simply must get a DVD release! I'm already freaking out because I have to wait until the next episode to find out if they win their game against the boys team. Are they gonna lose their practice time in the gym? Ahh, the anticipation is killing me!

#31084 - 01/07/12 07:05 PM Re: On Demand [Re: kiku]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

I imagine On Demand is all dubbed? I have cable but not the box. Just a cable card so I can't use On Demand.

#31087 - 01/07/12 08:28 PM Re: On Demand [Re: Nambu Hakase]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: Nambu Hakase
I imagine On Demand is all dubbed? I have cable but not the box. Just a cable card so I can't use On Demand.

Some of the stuff that Anime Network airs is sub only (mentioned in an ANNCast interview), because there is no dub available.

I only have regular cable (analog), so I can't really answer your question fully.

Edited by joelgundam01 (01/07/12 08:32 PM)

#31120 - 01/08/12 12:20 AM Re: On Demand [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Round Rock, TX
Obviously the Funimation Channel stuff would be all dubs.

I also don't currently have the option for these.

My parents had Dish Network for a while (they switched back to Direct TV) that had the Colors HD channel on their, late at night on Friday or Saturday they had a mini-block of Funimation channel shows.

I guess Netflix streaming/instant watch could be considered "on demand" since you have to tell it you want to watch the show/movie. I used that through my parents Wii to watch several Funimation shows. This was when I was cat/house sitting when they went out of town (and I had nothing better to do, due to lack of work back then).

#31122 - 01/08/12 12:27 AM Re: On Demand [Re: Nambu Hakase]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I have both Anime Network and Funimation On Demand through my cable provider; and to tell the truth, the shows seem to mimic their DVD/Blu-ray counterparts. If one is dubbed so is the other. If the DVD/Blu-ray is subbed, the On Demand version probably is as well.

In the case of Ro-Kyu-Bu, I just don't care that it's subbed. It's such a great anime. I don't even realize that I'm reading subtitles. It's not that I'm a fast reader, quite the contrary. Maybe it's the mark of a great anime when subtitles aren't an issue.

Ro-Kyu-Bu simply must get a DVD release. It is a Sentai Filmworks 2011 production. Can anybody here at Anime Today instill a modicum of hope that it will get a DVD release?

#31133 - 01/08/12 02:49 AM Re: On Demand [Re: kiku]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I think it is.
It's just not coming out till mid-to-late year.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.