Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#11373 - 06/30/09 11:13 AM What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases?
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
I just recently repurchased Chocolate & OldBoy. My original OldBoy was/is an OOP korean limited edition which was quite snazzy. My original Chocolate was a disk that may or may not have been a bootleg,.. it's hard to say when I purchase from my local Hong Kong mall. A lot of their stuff seems questionable.

I never got around to watching Chocolate for some reason. A friend just recently borrowed it & the idea popped into my head that I should perhaps upgrade to blu. So I did. Best Buy was selling Chocolate on BluRay for 29.99. ..I wound up being patient & shopping online at home. Thankfully I found it at amazon for a mere $16 and change. laugh
While making the above order I checked out a few other items, one of the items that I decided to go with was OldBoy for around $21 or so. ..I just really love this film. Hopefully the bluray retains most/all of the special features of my OOP LE + adds a few new features.

& now to go completely off topic in my very own thread my order consisted of 4 items total. The other two items being Flight Of The Conchords (S2) & Watchmen (blu) preorders. Additionally I ordered from another site (within a half hours time of the other order) an import of Kafka. Which is somewhat surprisingly rather difficult to find on DVD. I am quite excited for Kafka.

[*Edited the subject line to reflect forum topic - Christy, Mod]

Edited by Christy (10/07/10 11:34 AM)

Advertisement
#11374 - 06/30/09 11:22 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
I guess Ip Man and Red Cliff 2 (love both) were my last Chinese film purchases, and Sukiyaki Western Django (which I found boring) was my last Japanese film purchase. I haven't bought much lately.

#11763 - 07/15/09 07:11 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
edojidai Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Olympia, Wa
1 of Azumi 2 DVD (Hyb) LiveAction
1 of Azumi DVD Collector's Editon (Hyb) LiveAction
1 of Fist of the North Star: The Movie DVD (Hyb)
1 of Gantz Season 1 DVD Box Set (Hyb)
1 of Gantz Season 2 DVD Box Set (Hyb)
1 of Got Anime? Purchasing Club Membership Renewal
1 of Gunslinger Girl Complete Collection DVD (Hyb)

Placed this order the other day. I heard good things about Azumi. I seen the first episode of Gunslinger Girl without audio and was intrigued enough to buy the collection. Ihave the first two DVDs of Gantz and wanted to finish watching that. It is weird yet stirs my curiosity about that black cue ball.
Of course I have been meaning to get a copy of Fist of the NOrth Star for a long time - a classic by any means. And I renewed my Got Anime membership woohoo!

#11764 - 07/15/09 07:14 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
edojidai Offline

Originally Posted By: Stefanie
I guess Ip Man and Red Cliff 2 (love both) were my last Chinese film purchases, and Sukiyaki Western Django (which I found boring) was my last Japanese film purchase. I haven't bought much lately.

I was in Japan for the release of Red CLiff 1 & 2 and Sukiyaki. My Japanese comprehension is horrible. Normally they put out a theatrical release with english subs but I couldnt find any. Just my luck. I need to get a hold of Red Cliff for certain though. Heard the American release was going to be a compilation of the two Japan releases because "Americans wouldn't understand the relationships between so many characters" That was just what I heard though

#11768 - 07/15/09 10:15 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: edojidai]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
I haven't seen the Japanese releases of Red Cliff, but I have the two Hong Kong releases. I watched them within a few months of each other, but I need to watch them back-to-back one of these weekends, so that Part 1 will be fresh on my mind. Altogether, it's certainly a long film, but I didn't have trouble keeping track of anything. I just need to know more about Chinese history and mythology in general.

I might still get the North American release, just out of curiosity and for the sake of comparison.

#11846 - 07/17/09 02:24 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
edojidai Offline

yatta! I was able to locate Red Cliff 1 & 2. Watched them both last night. Yeah I found it easy to follow the plot and characters and what-not. I wish I remember where I read that posting about American audiences not being able to follow along. I hope the American release will be both parts versus a compilation. That would ruin it completly I believe.

Edited by edojidai (07/17/09 02:25 AM)

#16794 - 04/18/10 12:32 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: edojidai]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Yesterday I placed an order on UK amazon to import blurays of Sympathy For Mr Vengence, Sympathy For Mrs Vengence, and Thirst.

Off topic: also Equilibrium & Rules Of Attraction.

#17693 - 06/06/10 03:46 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Gevin]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Gamera Giant Monster from Shout Factory, it does not come with a dub (Japanese w. Subs), and is widescreen for the first time in the USA.

#18774 - 08/15/10 11:44 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I haven't listed these, even though I got a few of them a bit of a while back..

Ichi The Killer (bluray): Not an amazing upgrade, but I'd say that I'm happy with this over my previous Dutch LE import. Don't expect there to be complete elimination of grain, but the video is a lot sharper upon my 52inch. I've seen the film dozens of times prior to purchase, I like it.
Versus (bluray): Another double dip for me, just upgrading to the superior format for superior image upon my larger than reasonable screen (with which flaws, dirt, and less than 1080p are glaringly annoying). Grain still remains, but the film is great & I'm happy with the upgrade.
Ip Man (bluray): Grainy again but a lot better than the prior two titles. A very impressive display of martial arts. I'm anxious to see the prequel & sequel.

I can't think of what else I've grabbed lately.

#19327 - 09/15/10 11:39 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: EricDent]
CheechMonger Offline

Loc: Florida
Picked these up yesterday at Wal-Mart:

Super Robot Red Baron: The Complete Series
Iron King - The Complete Series

I'd vaguely heard of these, so I picked them up on impulse as they were with a bunch of other bargain DVDs. They look kind of cheesy, and the packaging is really cheap (DVDs are in paper folders locked into one side of the case), but for 39 and 26 episodes respectively, there's a lot of bang for the buck!

It also appears that my order for Be Strong Geum Soon Vol. 2 has shipped. I'll have to hurry and finish up volume one before it arrives!

Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.