Start Shopping! Cart
Page 53 of 125 < 1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 124 125 >
Topic Options
#47743 - 02/01/13 12:20 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Any opinions on Jubei-Chan The Secret of the Lovely Eyepatch?

While wandering around a bit today I walked into the BB store & saw the first series had gotten a re-release on 2 DVDs and the price was $15.
That's all 13 episodes of the first series/season.

I think I tried watching a bit of the second season/series & was kinda confused on what was going on.
Of course I could be wrong, and I was watching the first series.
It was a rental at Hastings & I can't remember which one they had.

Advertisement
#47868 - 02/03/13 08:29 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: EricDent]
No Comment Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Ohio, USA
Thoughts on Neo Ranga?

I don't usually see action shows split into 15 minute episodes, which is different, the pics I've been able to find of it are... enticing interesting, and most Complete Series copies are cheap. Seems relatively unknown, though. I have a soft spot for obscure 90's anime as long as it doesn't horrendously suck.

#47869 - 02/03/13 10:32 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I really liked Neo Ranga-it's quite a bit out of the ordinary-Jubei-Chan was pretty good-the 1st series was quite a bit better than the 2nd was, though.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#47870 - 02/04/13 12:54 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: No Comment]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Neo Ranga was pretty interesting.
One the one hand you had a large monster on the loose (he's no where as big as Godzilla, but he's about the size of a house).
On the other you have 3 somewhat attractive girls who sometimes wore very revealing native islander outfits.

I say it's worth at least a rental.
If you like monster mayhem then go for it (he does fight other monsters).

Thanks for the feedback, maybe I will see if Netflix has it first.
Remembered that I am kinda interested in checking out the local Renaissance fair later this month. Might need some new pants & boots for my costume.

#47873 - 02/04/13 01:32 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: No Comment]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: No Comment
Thoughts on Neo Ranga?

I don't usually see action shows split into 15 minute episodes, which is different, the pics I've been able to find of it are... enticing interesting, and most Complete Series copies are cheap. Seems relatively unknown, though. I have a soft spot for obscure 90's anime as long as it doesn't horrendously suck.
I very much like Neo Ranga. It's part of my "WTF? pile", with the likes of Rahxephon and Baccano. It can be a little hard to follow at times, but that's part of it's charm. Neo Ranga's b????in' tribal opening.

#48094 - 02/09/13 01:08 AM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Place to Place

This looks to be uber cute, with a dash of nekomimi... has anybody seen this, or care to comment?

#48860 - 02/26/13 03:57 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Does anybody have anything to say about Casshern Sins?

#48862 - 02/26/13 04:08 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: kiku
Does anybody have anything to say about Casshern Sins?

I haven't finished the series yet, but so far I really love it. Although Casshern does tend to get a tad emo a times. But you would probably really like Ringo. She's really cute.

#48863 - 02/26/13 04:36 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: sevi]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Have you seen Casshan Robot Hunter Casshern as well?

#48864 - 02/26/13 04:42 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
sevi Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Pennsylvania
I think I might have a really long time ago. If I remember correctly, it's more slightly more action oriented and Casshern/Casshan didn't act quite as emo. But like I said it was ages ago. I was probably somewhere around 13-14 when I saw it.

Edit: Since it was translated in 1995 I would have been 14 when I saw it. Also there are several plot points which differ between Casshan and Casshern Sins so they aren't really a true Prequel/Sequel series. You could watch one without needing to watch both.

Edited by sevi (02/26/13 06:17 PM)

Page 53 of 125 < 1 2 ... 51 52 53 54 55 ... 124 125 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.