Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 52 of 103 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 102 103 >
Topic Options
#47228 - 01/17/13 02:55 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kakashi12210]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: kakashi12210

Also is Princess Resurrection going out of print? I was looking into buying it, but the dubbed dvds are full retail price.

Today is known as Thursday Weekly Special change day. RightStuf updates the weekly specials so prices will be all over the place. I recommend never ordering anything during the day inless you are doing it off a publisher sale off the front page. The price will be back to normal later today.

Advertisement
#47232 - 01/17/13 03:46 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kakashi12210]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
I've been thinking about getting Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Could anyone give me their thoughts on it?

Do you think the Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVDs are worth it? I'd like to know because I can get them for about $55 instead of $75 a piece.

That depends on how much you liked the sound track to the series.
For what its worth it IS a very good sound track.
Also It comes with some really nice post cards with the next episode preview art. Some of them are boss to look at.
It comes with a doulbe sided poster, and a booklet that contains interviews and art from the show including 4-kom manga by the character designer.

Overall, yeah, I thought I got my money's worth out of it L.E.'s
All that yummy art... grin

#47242 - 01/17/13 06:11 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kakashi12210]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
I've been thinking about getting Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Could anyone give me their thoughts on it?

Do you think the Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVDs are worth it? I'd like to know because I can get them for about $55 instead of $75 a piece.

Also is Princess Resurrection going out of print? I was looking into buying it, but the dubbed dvds are full retail price.

Not unless you like feeding the kitty-I got the UK version which has all 3 blurays in a nice case with a slipcover for about $47 including s & h-only thing is you've got to have a region b capable bluray player.

#47267 - 01/18/13 12:35 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
My pocketbook's been heavily damaged by preorders as of late (I love anime!) but; Inu X Boku Secret Service looks pretty g??d??? cool. Anybody have any thoughts as to why or why not ol' kiku should put 'imself in the poorhouse for this anime?

#47268 - 01/18/13 12:41 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
My pocketbook's been heavily damaged by preorders as of late (I love anime!) but; Inu X Boku Secret Service looks pretty g??d??? cool. Anybody have any thoughts as to why or why not ol' kiku should put 'imself in the poorhouse for this anime?

I pre-ordered it... And so should you ! grin

#47270 - 01/18/13 02:29 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
kakashi12210 Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
How big of a difference is there between the original release of Revolutionary Girl Utena and the limited edition newer release of Utena, in terms of quality?

#47275 - 01/18/13 05:02 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Much Much better.
It's colors pop more and it looks very crisp and sharp.

One warning though, it has ailsing problems on certain Tv/players. Meaning the the line art looks jagged.
It's not Right Stuf's fault; that's the way they where remasted.
But the quality overall is a big improvement.

#47276 - 01/18/13 05:44 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: J.E.S.]
kakashi12210 Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: West Virginia
Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
Much Much better.

One warning though, it has ailsing problems on certain Tv/players. Meaning the the line art looks jagged.

Would it be worth it to upgrade to the newer set if you already have the older set? Is the updated visuals the only thing that's new besides the books that come with the new set?

#47277 - 01/18/13 05:59 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: kiku

Damned if I do.......!

#47278 - 01/18/13 07:36 PM Re: On the fence. [Re: kakashi12210]
J.E.S. Offline
UPSF Commodore

Originally Posted By: J.E.S.
Much Much better.

Would it be worth it to upgrade to the newer set if you already have the older set? Is the updated visuals the only thing that's new besides the books that come with the new set?

Well, it has an interview with the director, and cast commentaries for the last few eps, if you like that sort of thing.
The main appeal for me was the booklet, and the remastered film.
I think yeah, it's still worth the upgrade, I used to have the old singles and happily traded them in when Right Stuf brought this out.
I'm very glad I did.

Page 52 of 103 < 1 2 ... 50 51 52 53 54 ... 102 103 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.