Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#26473 - 09/10/11 01:28 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: oldcharlie55]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Prescient... nice! smile I've got that same Criterion Collection edition of Videodrome. It's styled to look like the videotape from the movie that he... well... yeah that movie is messed up. Debbie Harry! TRSI has some Criterion Collection movies for sale. The Criterion Collection website is pretty cool as well. There are a lot of titles!

The "Matrix" set you're referring to is the "4 Film Favorites" line if I'm not mistaken. They're uber affordable. I've also got the "4 Film Favorites" edition of "Blade".

Advertisement
#27244 - 09/22/11 04:56 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Just picked up at the latest comic con:
Seven Samurai
Space Battleship Yamato
Gantz
RoboGeisha
Tokyo Gore Police

Watched Yamato yesterday. It is very good. Great effects. The costumes and the Yamato ship design are the same as the original series. The aliens are very different though. You can really tell they wanted to have the same feel as the movie Armageddon. It even has Steven Tyler singing the ending theme.

#27250 - 09/22/11 05:18 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

For real? In Yamato?

#27869 - 10/04/11 12:41 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Yeah, I would not be surprised if that Yamato movie gets at least a DVD release in the USA.

It was a pretty big story that Steven Tyler was doing the song, sort of similar to the Red Hot Chili Peppers song in the Death Note movies.

BTW did you ever read about that guy on the International Space Station cos-playing as "Derek Wildstar" (Susumu Kodai) and waking people up with the "Sampo" song from My Neighbor Totoro.

#28218 - 10/15/11 11:59 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
I hadn't heard about that guy on the International Space Station. Glad I wasn't there. blush
Went nuts with the Godzilla movies yesterday. Watched...
Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack
Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S.
Godzilla: Final Wars

Final Wars had the promise of a really cool movie, but tended to far apart in it's construction. Nice effects. Poor script.

#28401 - 10/22/11 12:02 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
I just now bought Seven Samurai (The Criterion Collection) (3 disc release)
To replace my double VHS tape of it (that’s only been watched once)

Product Details
Actors: Takashi Shimura, Toshirô Mifune, Yoshio Inaba, Seiji Miyaguchi, Minoru Chiaki
Directors: Akira Kurosawa
Format: Box set, DVD, Full Screen, NTSC, Subtitled
the picture has been slightly window-boxed (in correct original 1.33:1 aspect ratio)
to ensure that the maximum image is visible
Language: Japanese (Dolby Digital 1.0), Japanese (Dolby Digital 2.1)
Subtitles: English
Region: Region 1 (U.S. and Canada only. Read more about DVD formats.)
Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
Number of discs: 3
Rated: Unrated
Studio: Criterion
DVD Release Date: September 5, 2006
Run Time: 207 minutes

It also has a couple of Commentaries, Several documentaries and
a lavishly illustrated 58-page booklet, and much more
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/315A26S45ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by BWBODDY (10/22/11 12:10 PM)

#28402 - 10/22/11 01:34 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

There's a companion to that set: "Yojimbo/Sanjuro".

#28406 - 10/22/11 04:14 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: kiku
There's a companion to that set: "Yojimbo/Sanjuro".

OIC.. I just checked it out, to bad, I swore that Seven Samurai would be the only Non- English Dub I’d ever own.
But who knows, when I get around to re-watching Seven Samurai, I may get the hankering for the two companion Movies.

#28437 - 10/24/11 12:00 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

If you dig Toshiro Mifune, Yojimbo/Sanjuro is a must.

#28547 - 10/29/11 01:46 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
What did you think about GMK? (short for Godzilla Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack)?

I liked Final Wars actually, of course I did have the privilage of seeing it in a theatre during the Seattle Film Festival (in Japanese with subs). Don Frye stole the freaking show with his rather cheesy acting. Sure the fights were short, but boy were they awesome while it lasted. I did think them borrowing stuff from The Matrix & Independence Day was a bit silly. It was pretty cool seeing some of the really old Godzilla actors featured so much in this movie.

SOS was a bit weak IMO, they even had to resort to trapping Godzilla in a very similar manner to Godzilla vs. The Thing (Mothra vs. Godzilla).

Page 10 of 19 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.