Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 3 of 119 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 118 119 >
Topic Options
#27735 - 09/30/11 12:21 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
V for Vendetta was a great watch. I personally loved Natalie in The Professional.

Advertisement
#28049 - 10/08/11 02:37 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just watched "Strange Days". IMO it's Cameron's best work. This movie is a thrill ride from start to finish. What a soundtrack too. It features quite a bit of "Deep Forest", the final cut actually features them with Peter Gabriel. There's also a couple of "Skunk Anansie" tracks in "Strange Days", he was one of the featured artists for the soundtrack to the movie "Sucker Punch".

Ralph Fiennes, Angela Basset, and Juliette Lewis all outdo themselves in this sizzling psychoanalytical apocalyptical look at the human soul and it's relationship with technology. Check it.

#28055 - 10/08/11 10:10 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
There are three movies that I didnít see in the theater but I did make it a point to get them on DVD recently, and watch them ( in-between my Anime )

From Paris with Love ( John Travolta )
Taken ( Liam Neeson )
The American ( George Clooney )
They were all very good, more so than I thought they would be, Iím glad I got them.

I read that Taken was such a Sleeper Hit.. While everyone was lambasting the Blockbusters that didnít
Pay off as expected, Taken made money hand over fist, now itís going to get an unplanned sequel.

John Travolta hasnít done Action work or a Movie this good that I wanted to watch let a lone buy since Broken Arrow.

And I havenít given two cents about George Clooney since Peacekeeper, but I was drawn to get this one
And I liked it.

All three of these Movies and Actorís far exceeded what I thought Iíd get when I watched them..
Sometimes you just have to go with your gut, and getting the DVDíS for a steal does make it an easier choice to make.

#28069 - 10/08/11 01:09 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Taken was awesome. I saw it in the theatre. It was tense. I knew very little of the movie, which always makes for a good experience.

#28071 - 10/08/11 01:28 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Just watched Robot Chicken Wars Episode III.

#28076 - 10/08/11 05:15 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: kiku
Just watched Robot Chicken Wars Episode III.

You know, the one change Lucas could of and should of made????

Showing Boba fett flying out of the Sarlacc Pit.
Somewhere between picking up the Droids in the sand and
the Sand brag blowing up after Han and the gang flew off in the skiff.

Or at least before the scene cuts to Space

Edited by BWBODDY (10/08/11 05:18 PM)

#28092 - 10/09/11 04:35 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Just saw (yesterday) Real Steel. It was pretty good. Sort of a "Rocky" type story, with a kid thrown in for good measure (and the kid was not too bad either). It had a feel good story, good characters, and the robots were rather impressive looking.

Plus it has the very nice looking Evangeline Lilly in it.

#28103 - 10/09/11 11:55 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I heard of it being likened to "Robot Jox".

#28119 - 10/10/11 01:15 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Richard Harms Offline

UPSF Admiral

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa, US
Originally Posted By: kiku
I heard of it being likened to "Robot Jox".
Other than both movies having fighting robots, I really didn't feel they shared terribly much. It definitely was a better movie than Robot Jox IMHO.

#28129 - 10/10/11 02:36 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

If all goes well, Iíll be catching a matinee of it this Wednesday.

Page 3 of 119 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 118 119 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.