Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 ... 121 122 >
Topic Options
#25271 - 08/21/11 01:36 AM What did you just watch (non anime)?
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Not sure if there is a topic like this on this portion of the boards, if so let me know, and feel free to delete this one.

Anyhow this topic will be for normal movies/TV shows that you watched at the theater or at home on DVD (or normal TV).

Please try to discuss them a little.

I just recently watched The Da Vinci Code, cause I read the book for the first time.
As I am getting older I appreciate a good "thriller/mystery" more often than I used to.
The movie is pretty similar to the book with a few exceptions. Since I knew the "twist" at the end it was not as powerful as it should be.

Also watched Die Hard, why I have never seen this before is beyond me. Maybe I did not like Bruce Willis at the time this came out, or maybe I was too young to see it. Not sure why I have never rented it before. Anyhow it was cool as heck! Will rent the others as well.

I will be watching Angels & Demons soon, and got an invite to see The Help with parents/brother/neighbors/brother's fiancée.

Advertisement
#25276 - 08/21/11 08:26 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
WHERE EAGLES DARE ( Richard Burton Clint Eastwood )

This Movie is Awesome! grin

The mission is clear. Get in. Get the general. Get out. Commandos charged with freeing a U.S. general from an Alpine fortress should also be told to trust nothing
– including the search-and-rescue orders just issued.

Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood go Where Eagles Dare in this twisty World War II thriller written by action master Alistair MacLean
(The Guns of Navarone, Ice Station Zebra) and directed by Brian G. Hutton (Kelly’s Heroes).
Known for fiery dramatic roles, Burton ventures into the realm of movie pyrotechnics with dynamic efficiency.
And Eastwood’s cool-fire presence heightens one searing action sequence after another.

The film became Eastwood’s then-largest hit and its studio’s #1 moneymaker of the year.

Edited by BWBODDY (08/21/11 08:30 AM)
Edit Reason: To look better

#25284 - 08/21/11 10:18 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
WHERE EAGLES DARE ( Richard Burton Clint Eastwood )

This is one of my all time favorite films. I have a tradition of watching it every time it snows. laugh It is such a cold looking movie. I have already shown it to my wife.

#25301 - 08/21/11 02:19 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
My favorite Eastwood is The Outlaw Josey Wales.

#25321 - 08/21/11 11:16 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Went to see The Help today, it was a very good movie.

Had lots of funny parts, some sad parts, some parts that make you mad, and parts that make you feel sorry for what these people went through.

It's currently the #1 movie in the US, and the theater we went to was very busy. Maybe even as busy as Christmas Day was a couple years ago.
We have this tradition to go see a movie on Christmas Day, and then go out to eat (which is difficult to say the least).

Anyhow, go see this movie, cause it's great!

#25479 - 08/24/11 12:59 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I watched Angels & Demons yesterday, it was a pretty decent movie.
Though they did change quite a bit when compared to the book.

I also watched Die Hard 2: Die Harder, and Die Hard With A Vengence.

Both were rather action packed like the first.

I kind of liked With a Vengence a bit better since Die Harder was not as focused on Bruce Willis. With a Vengence also has Samuel L. Jackson which is always a cool thing.

#25483 - 08/24/11 01:09 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Have you seen Dave Chappelles Sam Jackson/Sam Adams sketch?

#25608 - 08/25/11 10:18 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: kiku]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Naturally, I watch news, movies, and certain sporting events, but there are very few TV shows that I watch on a regular basis. One of them is Sons Of Guns on Discovery. Last night, Stephanie got to fire an FN MAG from a helicopter. Sadly, she was a different Stefanie (and a "PH" one at that), but it was still fun to watch. That's also the first Uzi I've seen to be successfully reconfigured for competitive shooting. Good episode.

#25610 - 08/25/11 11:03 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Stefanie]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
Naturally, I watch news, movies, and certain sporting events, but there are very few TV shows that I watch on a regular basis. One of them is Sons Of Guns on Discovery. Last night, Stephanie got to fire an FN MAG from a helicopter. Sadly, she was a different Stefanie (and a "PH" one at that), but it was still fun to watch. That's also the first Uzi I've seen to be successfully reconfigured for competitive shooting. Good episode.

YUP, GOOD SHOW ! grin

#25685 - 08/26/11 01:34 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

You know what, I kind of like the "real life" shows that Discovery/History Channel runs on their channel. However I think they need to cool it down a bit and bring back actual "Discovery" or "History" stuff.

Page 1 of 122 1 2 3 ... 121 122 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.