Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 51 of 132 < 1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 131 132 >
Topic Options
#46224 - 12/15/12 07:18 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: Cheap One
Last I heard the Halo movie was canned.

Really !?
Even so, it’s a Franchise that is just got to go Big Budget sooner or later….

I tell’ya HALO 4: Forward unto Dawn was great.
And even more so when you realize it was just an On-line 5 part webisode that was re-cut into a 90 minute Movie for DVD.

Advertisement
#46225 - 12/15/12 07:28 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Animejr Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

I bought Ted last night. The friends and i had a blast watching this. Was pretty funny

#46231 - 12/15/12 08:36 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: BWBODDY

Microsoft agrees. Halo: Reach and Halo 4 have been big games for them. Now I am sure a Hollywood JJ Abrams style movie would do great, but right now such a thing isn't very appealing to them. And I can't blame them Halo 5 will bring it big bucks for them. It should sell very well, sell Xbox720s, Xbox Live Gold Memberships and tons of DLC in weapons/skins and maps.

#46234 - 12/15/12 11:26 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One

Microsoft agrees. Halo: Reach and Halo 4 have been big games for them. Now I am sure a Hollywood JJ Abrams style movie would do great, but right now such a thing isn't very appealing to them. And I can't blame them Halo 5 will bring it big bucks for them. It should sell very well, sell Xbox720s, Xbox Live Gold Memberships and tons of DLC in weapons/skins and maps.

I can handle only one obsession at a time.

I stopped playing games when I got rid of my Thrust Master flight control system.

I had a real nice Pro Flight and F14 Flight Simulator game software.
And DOOM, but that was back in my Windows 95 days.

Once I upgraded I couldn’t use the Software I had and "other things" just took me completely out of Computer Games, and I never owned a PS3 or Xbox.

The only Computer Game I still own is Close Combat: A Bridge to Far.

*If I got into Games I don’t think I could justify the purchase of Games and Anime with my Wife .. crazy ..*

#46236 - 12/15/12 11:50 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I completely understand, video games have caused me to stay away from some anime. Just pointing out that Microsoft's idea of a big blockbuster future for Halo may not be a Hollywood movie. They have already shown signs of its importance to the Xbox brand by no longer putting it out on PC which would largely be played through their own OS Windows(Don't really know if Halo was even supported on other OS platforms like Mac and Linux) and of course canceling the Hollywood movie that was planned at one point and time.

#46248 - 12/16/12 02:09 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
*If I got into Games I don’t think I could justify the purchase of Games and Anime with my Wife .. crazy ..*[/b][/size] [/font]

I've been able to manage, but then again the game industry is like the video industry these days. The only difference is that video games start at a higher price point, but they do drop down after 4-8 months just like the videos (DVD/BDs). I can buy almost every game I have interest in (for the PS3) for less than $30, if I just wait a little.

Also, if I'm interested in buying a brand new game, there is always the PlayStation Network store. There are several really good games from indie game companies at super cheap prices ($5-$10).

#46276 - 12/16/12 11:16 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I guess I will determine my feelings when I see The Hobbit.
I know at least one part of the book that was kinda annoying.

Spoilers just in case

When the Battle of the Five Armies was about to take place Bilbo had to get knocked out, so it's barely touched on in the book (or the animated version).

Anyhow I watched The Dark Knight Rises.

Such an epic ending to an epic story. If you own it or rent it, do yourself a favor & watch "The Journey of Bruce Wayne" it's a short, yet very good look at why Nolan chose to do the movies in the way he did.

#46330 - 12/18/12 07:50 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

I saw The Hobbit today, and I liked it just fine…..
I too noticed that they "filled" it for time and content.

They’re going to be hard pressed to try and make The Hobbit as Grand as
The Lord of the Rings, and that is what their trying to do with the "fill".

Still a fine Movie, nothing more or less than what I could of hoped for or expected.
I would even see it again ..grin..

#46331 - 12/18/12 08:00 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I also saw it (The Hobbit) today, and I really liked it.
Sure somethings were not in the book, but it was like that in Lord of the Rings as well (for example the whole Arwen taking Frodo to Rivendell).

Even the kinda silly stuff with Radagast & his bunny sled was fun.
I did like his pet hedgehog!

Can't wait for the other movies!
I am sure there will also be a LEGO The Hobbit game soon.

I spotted a LEGO board game with The Hobbit on it.
There are obviously LEGO Lord of the Rings sets.

#46496 - 12/25/12 08:37 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Yep as predicted there are now official Hobbit LEGO sets, which I spotted a few at work (yes we sell LEGO sets as well).

Anyhow, as part of our Christmas tradition we go out to see a movie every Christmas Day. Then we used to attempt to find someplace to eat.
Since the pickings for where to eat are rather slim, we solved that problem by going to one of those "eat while you watch" theaters.

Now this theater in particular is called iPic Theater, and is rather upscale from the typical "Alamo Drafthouse" style of eat in theaters.
It has fully automatic fully reclining seats, blankets & pillows.
Plus ninja waiters who serve you food & drinks (even has a bar).

Anyhow it's a bit pricy, but well worth it.

We saw Django Unchained.
It was pretty funny, yet very dark at times, and has some very very bloody shootouts. Plus a few cringe worthy scenes of dogs attacking somebody.
If you are easily offended by the "N" word, stay far away.
Cause they use it a LOT (let's just say you don't want to play a drinking game based on when they say it, cause you will probably die)...
Anyhow great action, good story, fun characters, and a pretty nifty soundtrack. It's R rated for a reason, so keep the kids away.

Not sure if it will win any awards, but it will probably stir up some controversy. If you watch carefully you will spot Quentin Teretino himself near the end of the movie.
My parents seemed to enjoy it as well.

Pretty lame previews though...

Page 51 of 132 < 1 2 ... 49 50 51 52 53 ... 131 132 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.