Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 38 of 125 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 124 125 >
Topic Options
#40536 - 08/03/12 08:22 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: BWBODDY]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Louisville,Ky.
Originally Posted By: BWBODDY
..... Total Recall .....

I saw the 12:01 am showing of Total Recall this morning
I have to say I thought it was a good remake, Kate Beckinsale & Jessica Biel were good choices for their roles, as was Colin Farrell.

Of course you can count on Kate Beckinsale to kick some serious butt in whatever Movie she is in.
And Jessica Biel did some fine butt kicking of her own.

There were some homage to the original here and there.
*More then just the triple breasted woman*

Jessica Biel
I think ( for me ) this is Jessica Biel’s best Film, the only other one of hers that I liked
her in was Stealth.( and that Movie was Panned )
But I will admit that the film’s she’s been in I’ve ether had no interest in seeing because they weren’t the kind I like.
Or I just wasn’t in the group they were targeted ( made) for. ( not the same as "they weren’t the kind I like" )

Colin Farrell
The same goes for Colin Farrell, this is the best Film he’s been in ( for me )
The only other one’s I liked him in were S.W.A.T. & Minority Report.
I Will Include Alexander in the "I liked" list, I own the Uncut extended edition and have watched it twice.
Even though I think Oliver Stone had his own agenda with it. ( in my opinion )
I think he just wanted to highlight things that have always been hinted at about Alexander.
( There was still a good movie in there )

I still liked it even with the
"Look at me, I’m Oliver Stone and I make movies
that say something and Provoke, whether you like it or not "

Touch of his... ( whatever it is he is trying to say )

Kate Beckinsale
Well…. What can I say about Kate Beckinsale , I love her……
Put Kate Beckinsale in a Movie "wearing skin tight anything " and you’ve got my attention ( and a Movie that will make money ) .

Advertisement
#40537 - 08/03/12 10:57 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

You didn't like "Phone Booth" with Colin Farrel?

#40539 - 08/03/12 11:00 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Cheap One]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Originally Posted By: Cheap One
You didn't like "Phone Booth" with Colin Farrel?

It just didn’t strike me as something I’d want to watch ( based on the trailers)
Now if or when it airs on TV I may catch it

#40541 - 08/03/12 11:02 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

For shame, it is by and far his greatest movie. Though I haven't seen "Total Recall" yet so that may top it.

#40616 - 08/05/12 01:07 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Been watching Breaking Bad as often as I get the opportunity. I'm probably 3/4 through the 3rd season right now. Been watching it on Netflix & I love it.

Saw Neighborhood Watch recently & thought it was better than I expected it to be after hearing the bad reception it seemed to be initially getting. Not something that I have any intent on purchasing, but a cool/fun watch.

Watched Antichrist with a few friends. Meh. It was interesting to say the least, but I might have been better off reading a dissection of the film than actually watching it.

A friend invited me to watch Total Recall this evening. I'll probably post with an opinion tonight. Off the bat, I'll point out that I loved the original.

#40622 - 08/05/12 08:09 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Godzilla Vs Biollante (on VHS) just cause it's been awhile since I watched it.
Really Biollante does not do much to Godzilla & it's pretty much the Military that actually beat Godzilla (which does not happen too often).

BTW there is a glimmer of hope for this 20 plus year old movie to finally get on Blu-Ray & DVD before the end of 2012. Mill Creek (who also has the Gamera '90s trilogy on Blu-Ray) is working with Toho to get it done.

There is also a very slim chance the other Godzilla movie still only on VHS (in the USA) might get a DVD as well (its Godzilla 1985). Image Entertainment has the licence and there has been discussions about it. Plus DVDaf has a listing for it (with a note saying "not yet announced".

With the hype for Pacific Rim & Legendary Pictures Godzilla (most likely in 2014) they would be silly not to get a bunch of new DVDs & Blu-Rays ready for Godzilla. Hopefully including non-flipper versions of several of the '90s Godzilla movies (some of which were full-screen), and a version of Godzilla 2000 that does have the Japanese version on it (the only version they have is dub only). Plus it would be nice to get the Japanese version of King Kong Vs Godzilla (but I am not holding my breath).

#40623 - 08/05/12 10:27 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: Gevin]
kiku Online
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Been watching Breaking Bad as often as I get the opportunity. I'm probably 3/4 through the 3rd season right now. Been watching it on Netflix & I love it.

Saw Neighborhood Watch recently & thought it was better than I expected it to be after hearing the bad reception it seemed to be initially getting. Not something that I have any intent on purchasing, but a cool/fun watch.

Watched Antichrist with a few friends. Meh. It was interesting to say the least, but I might have been better off reading a dissection of the film than actually watching it.

A friend invited me to watch Total Recall this evening. I'll probably post with an opinion tonight. Off the bat, I'll point out that I loved the original.
Breaking Bad alone is reason enough to get cable. I buy the DVD sets when they come out for my Dad.

#40634 - 08/06/12 02:37 AM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Didn't care for Total Recall. The kinda screwed up a lot of the magic related to "is it a dream? Is it reality?", also just thought the story was generally much less epic. Less was at stake, the actors were inferior, and everything just seemed rushed. Blegh.

#40758 - 08/09/12 03:15 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

JUST FYI
*I meant to post this morning*

TCM ( Turner Classic Movies ) is running Toshiro Mifune Movies all day & night long
today

7 Samurai, Yojimbo, Samurai I, II, III, and so many more…..

#40810 - 08/10/12 10:43 PM Re: What did you just watch (non anime)? [Re: EricDent]
BWBODDY Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

I just finished up watching my copy of "the Hatfield’s & McCoy’s" ( the new one )

Page 38 of 125 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 124 125 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.