Start Shopping! Cart
Page 25 of 33 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32 33 >
Topic Options
#46901 - 01/09/13 04:48 AM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: kiku]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
For me, it very much depends on how you define "unwatched"...
If it's "haven't seen the last episode of the series", then I guess 2/3rds of http://anime-nl.net/mydvdvhs.html [1] falls into that category, since I tend(ed) to do the "seen the first few episodes at a convention, kind of liked it, so trow it in my Rightstuf 'to buy list'/'wishlist for when it has been licensed' thing and then didn't have time to watch it all afterwards. (and Rightstuf orders up to 6 items didn't incur customs charges back when they listed $5/item, so if I had a 4-item order, I'd trawl through the specials to look for bargains with an interesting summary and high ANN/AniDB rating to pad the order to 6 items, leading to even more "more anime than time"... wink )
(Me collecting whole universes/multiverses when I watched and liked 1 part of it, doesn't help either (only seen Shana S1, collecting all of it, collecting the whole Leiji Matsumoto-verse, etc. ) . )

[1] I haven't even had time to add my January arrivals to the list frown ; getting close to 1600 DVDs, but planning to stay below 2000; keeping fingers crossed Rightstuf or someone else is working on DRM-free download to own...</off topic>

Advertisement
#46902 - 01/09/13 05:10 AM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: KyleMills]
SD Maruko-kun Offline
UPSF Lieutenant

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By: KyleMills
I have a few in the unwatched pile

Eureka Seven Part 1(Watched 12 episodes, Only reason i'm not watching anymore is because i don't have part 2, i loved the episodes i did watch, but i don't want to pay $80 for a used copy of part 2)

If your DVD player is multi-standard, then the R2 UK sets might be an option.
They're UKpounds 19.99 each from play.com (the "seller" listed there, MVMEntertainment, is actually an UK anime distributor) though it's not completely clear from play.com's help which countries they ship to...
MVM's own site, anime-on.line.com , lists each set as UKpounds 21.99 with an UKpounds 4 per item shipping charge worldwide.

#46904 - 01/09/13 07:18 AM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: zrdb]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
That's a mighty list indeed zrdb, if your unwatched pile is twice as big as mine. I'm kinda curious to know what titles have been collecting dust on your shelves.

#46909 - 01/09/13 12:50 PM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun

They're UKpounds 19.99 each from play.com (the "seller" listed there, MVMEntertainment, is actually an UK anime distributor) though it's not completely clear from play.com's help which countries they ship to...
MVM's own site, anime-on.line.com , lists each set as UKpounds 21.99 with an UKpounds 4 per item shipping charge worldwide.

Play ships to the United States I've bought video games from there.

#46915 - 01/09/13 07:02 PM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: kiku]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Originally Posted By: kiku
That's a mighty list indeed zrdb, if your unwatched pile is twice as big as mine. I'm kinda curious to know what titles have been collecting dust on your shelves.

Just for example-Neon Genesis Platinum thinpack, Grave Of The Fireflies, Origin-Spirits Of The Past, Saiyuki, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Fairy Tail parts 1-4, Colorful-just to name a few.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#46918 - 01/09/13 09:28 PM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: kiku]
dark_producer Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Burnsville, MN
yeah really! i thought mine was out of control, i have about 30 titles in my unwatched pile, and about 10 of those i've seen before i purchased. though i have been burning through my pile...about 3 months ago it was closer to 50 titles...

#46919 - 01/09/13 11:07 PM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: SD Maruko-kun]
KyleMills Online
UPSF Captain

Loc: Michigan, U.S.
Originally Posted By: SD Maruko-kun
Originally Posted By: KyleMills
I have a few in the unwatched pile

Eureka Seven Part 1(Watched 12 episodes, Only reason i'm not watching anymore is because i don't have part 2, i loved the episodes i did watch, but i don't want to pay $80 for a used copy of part 2)

If your DVD player is multi-standard, then the R2 UK sets might be an option.

Unfortunately, no. I had already thought about that, I'm gonna end up shelling out the money for it, i really want to pick it up, other option is to wait years for a possible re-release, if it even gets licensed. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Edited by KyleMills (01/09/13 11:08 PM)

#46920 - 01/10/13 01:33 AM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: kiku]
EricDent Online
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
IIRC somebody got the Eureka Seven AO show, so it's possible they could get the original as well.
I think it was Funimation.

#46927 - 01/10/13 11:32 AM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: zrdb]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Originally Posted By: zrdb

Just for example-Neon Genesis Platinum thinpack, Grave Of The Fireflies, Origin-Spirits Of The Past, Saiyuki, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Fairy Tail parts 1-4, Colorful-just to name a few.
I've never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion either. I have seen Origin. I liked it.

#46935 - 01/10/13 02:10 PM Re: "unwatched pile" [Re: kiku]
dark_producer Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Burnsville, MN
Originally Posted By: zrdb

I've never seen Neon Genesis Evangelion either. I have seen Origin. I liked it.
NGE is an excellent anime but it can be tough to understand and follow at first, even after a rewatch...it's definitely worth checking out though. one of my top 5.

Page 25 of 33 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 32 33 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.