Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#22670 - 06/13/11 01:26 AM Srike Witches 2?
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Does anyone have any concrete news regarding a dvd release of Strike Witches season 2? Does anybody have any news regarding even the slightest possibilty of a dvd release of Strike Witches 2? Pleeease. I have bounced around the net and other forums etc. and know of the series' existence. I have contacted both Right Stuf and Funimation with this question recently and received replies, although neither reply had any information. I love Funimation. Right Stuf rocks! Strike Witches is awesome!!! I prefer to watch my anime on DVD and have no problem shelling out for box sets. I would venture a guess that 2nd season's absence has something to do with licensing issues; who knows? For now I'm just waiting in the wings...

Advertisement
#22677 - 06/13/11 11:00 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: kiku
I would venture a guess that 2nd season's absence has something to do with licensing issues; who knows?

That's pretty much the bottom line. No one is going to say anything, until the license has actually been announced. It's almost guaranteed that Funimation will acquire it though, since the first season sold "outstandingly well". However, license negotiations can take a long time to complete.

Edited by joelgundam01 (06/13/11 11:01 AM)

#22678 - 06/13/11 11:28 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: joelgundam01]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Funimation already said they had the licence a couple of months ago, but I think they are waiting on materials from Japan.

Sort of similar to why it is going to be August/Semptember before Spice & Wolf 2 comes out. BTW that is a DVD/Blu-Ray Combo ONLY, which IMO is a really silly idea.

The "official" list of what is coming out in September is not quite ready, so maybe that is when they will decide to release it. They are re-releasing the first season again pretty soon, so maybe that means the 2nd season won't be far behind.

#22681 - 06/13/11 11:40 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: joelgundam01]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Thanks for instilling a modicom of hope in this Strike Witches fan joelgundam1.

#22684 - 06/13/11 11:45 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Three cheers for new characters and tank striker units!?

I agree wholeheartedly with you on the DVD/BD combo issue EricDent. I also replied to this in DVD/BD combo post in this forum.

I love this forum!

#22685 - 06/13/11 11:47 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

BTW Funimation is also dragging it's feet on stuff like Tenchi Muyo (they have re-released the 3rd OVA & GXP, but NOT Universe, Tenchi in Tokyo, the movies, or the first 2 OVAs). They also are doing this for Hellsing Ultimate, and some other stuff (Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail for example).

#22687 - 06/13/11 11:50 AM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

OMG did you say Roberta's Blood Trail? OMG OMG OMG. Is there a glimmer of hope for a Black Lagoon 3 dvd? Revy rules. It'd be well worth the wait... BLACK LAGOON!

#22689 - 06/13/11 12:16 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: EricDent]
joelgundam01 Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Western NY
Originally Posted By: EricDent
Funimation already said they had the licence a couple of months ago, but I think they are waiting on materials from Japan.

That's most likely the case. I personally can't remember the license announcement for this title, but then again. Funimation has a tendency of announcing things right after the contract is signed. In other words, there's a nice lead time from the announcement to actual release.

Edited by joelgundam01 (06/13/11 12:17 PM)

#23408 - 07/05/11 03:24 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: kiku]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Just in case you were wondering, they announced this last year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/201...trike-witches-2

So it's been a year, and no new info (and they have releases up into November for some companies).

#23409 - 07/05/11 05:09 PM Re: Srike Witches 2? [Re: EricDent]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

So what are we to do? Must we continue waiting in the wings? Great aerial battle sequences with pantsu. Check. Great moe character relationship development with pantsu. Check. Great looking World War II nostalgic reference mecha and weaponry with pantsu. Check. Strike Witches season 2... Strike Witches season 2!!! STRIKE WITCHES SEASON 2!!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.