Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#21558 - 03/11/11 09:06 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Is that Zero Woman of the 1970s or the 1990s? I have Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs (1974), and it's amusing, in a messy sort of way. The Lady Snowblood films are still my favorites from that era.

Advertisement
#21559 - 03/11/11 10:36 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
Originally Posted By: Stefanie
Is that Zero Woman of the 1970s or the 1990s? I have Zero Woman: Red Handcuffs (1974), and it's amusing, in a messy sort of way. The Lady Snowblood films are still my favorites from that era.

I suppose I am willing to look at any of it. I will try to start with the earliest ones available.

#21596 - 03/15/11 02:29 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Recently viewed:
Ghost Train has a pretty good premise but doesn't seem to follow through enough. Enjoyable watch anyway. Could have been even creepier.
Street Fighter: Legend of Chun-Li. I include this because it is based on characters from the Capcom game. Surprisingly well made B film. Somewhat predicable. What impressed me was that it seems to have been mostly shot on location in Bangkok and Hong Kong. Starring Kirsten Kreuk of Smallville fame. She looks convincing as an marshall artist.
Love and Honor. An award winning Japanese film about an unsatisfied samurai that has the job of being one of the lords food tasters. After an incident of tasting an out of season shellfish, he barely survives the toxin but is blinded. A very enjoyable and well made movie.

#21597 - 03/15/11 03:52 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
Recently viewed:...Love and Honor. An award winning Japanese film about an unsatisfied samurai that has the job of being one of the lords food tasters. After an incident of tasting an out of season shellfish, he barely survives the toxin but is blinded. A very enjoyable and well made movie.

I've been wanting to check this one out for some time. Looked like a pretty good story and acting from what trailers i've seen. It's nice to hear good marks from someone who's seen it. Now i want to see it more smile

#21618 - 03/19/11 10:10 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: stargates]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Watched Versus. I had seen this one before but had forgotten. I remeber now not liking it very much when I first saw it. I enjoyed it more this time around. I guess that when I saw it a few years ago, I wasn't used to watching Japanese cinema.
Not bad for a low budget action flick. Very gory and interesting premise.
Would recommend for anyone who liked Army of Darkness, though it is not as good.

Edited by Hobby Ninja (03/19/11 10:14 AM)

#21625 - 03/19/11 02:13 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Do you have a disk with behind the scenes extras?
VERY amusing features!

#21667 - 03/22/11 04:08 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: Gevin
Do you have a disk with behind the scenes extras?
VERY amusing features!

I haven't checked the extras yet. I'll do that soon.
Sunday I finished Machine Girl. Whoa. What a load of gory violence. Some of it was funny, some of it was a little hard to watch. None of it was meant to be realistic, just sensational. I do have one question about the kind of Japanese films I've been watching lately. Does nearly everybody have to die?: Just wondering.?confused
Don't watch this film expecting it to be logical or realistic. Just have fun and go with it. Of course with the title and cover art, you shouldn't expect anything but a farce. Another film I would recommend for the fans of Army of Darkness.

#21668 - 03/22/11 04:26 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Shop smart. Shop S-Mart!

#21724 - 03/26/11 06:30 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Just finished the Yokai Monsters trilogy. Took me a while to get around to it. Entertaining for being made in the late 60's. The Yokai (or spirit beasts, monsters, or whomever you ask) are simple and a little silly. They were well represented in the first film Spook Warfare. Except for the umbrella monster, they didn't make their appearance in the second film 100 Monsters, until nearly the end of the picture. In the third installment (Along With Ghosts) they were reduced to just vengeful spirits without any personality. They had just enough blood, violence and adult themes to avoid being cast as children's movies. The first movie was about The Yokai coming onto conflict with a foreign being that threatens their world. The second two had stories of human drama that showed what happens when you desecrate into the realms of the spirit creatures.

#21851 - 04/09/11 05:33 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Viewed Azumi 1&2. Great movies. Lots of swordplay action that is 90% believable. The main character is ultracute and good at sword Marshall arts. This is one series that makes you wonder what will happen next. Plenty of violence and blood spray. No nudity. Very well made. Will enthusiastically recommend.

Page 7 of 19 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.