Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#19338 - 09/16/10 09:01 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: CheechMonger]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
If you like chessy kaiju, then you will love these. Both were made in the early 70's during the huge giant robot invasion on Japanese television that started with Ultraman years before. Iron King was obviously made for children, but would be considered too violent for today's TV. In Super Robot Red Baron you will see the beginings of themes later used in Power Rangers and other sentai TV shows. I liked Red Baron better for the attempts in production quality. You can make a drinking game in which you have to take a shot everytime Mari breathlessly says "Ken" or Ken says "Mari". During some episodes you would be smashed halfway through.laugh

Advertisement
#19398 - 09/23/10 10:18 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: CheechMonger]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
I am kind of leary on buying those shows. Especially since the same company also did a release of Ultraman, when they did NOT really have the licence (it was being debated in court when the DVD came out). Until I see an Ultraman set with the Tsuburaya Productions official seal of approval, I probably won't buy it.

I was going to try to buy the recent releases of Gamera (vs. Baragon & the 2 "Double Feature" sets) but they don't seem to want to sell them in any of the usual stores where I live (Best Buy & Fry's).

#19416 - 09/25/10 09:24 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: EricDent]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Best Buy's selection of cool stuff has gotten anemic the past couple of years. I no longer shop there unless I am buying electronics. I do nearly all my media purchasing on line. Many times I have found what I am looking for (including shipping) at a price better than you can find the stores. I hate that. I don't want B&M's to go out of business, but when it comes to media, I have to use my money in way that gets the most value for me. Plus, like you said, you can't always find what you want in a store. You have to order it anyway.

#19436 - 09/26/10 08:29 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: Houston, Tx
Not recent purchases, but I've finally gotten around to watching..:
Samurai School: let me start off by saying that I absolutely love Tak Sakaguchi. I absolutely loved this film. It's got a lot of dorky humor that fans of Tak had ought to be accustomed to by now. I really loved the theme of "This is what it means to be a man", while obviously being very silly with the displays. CHECK THIS FILM OUT.
Tokyo Gore Police: Lol, this one is worth watching if for no other reason than the in-film advertisements. The film itself is fine. Just imagine a mix between Machine Girl & Meatball Machine. A great title to help you stand the wait for the upcoming release of Robogeisha smile

I picked upThe Good, The Bad, And The Weird but I have yet to watch it..

[edit] & yeah,.. I only order through RightStuf, Amazon, & HKFlix. Very Rarely do I bother at B&M shops.
(Though I am presently working out a DeepDiscount order..)

#19456 - 09/27/10 04:19 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
Originally Posted By: Gevin
Tokyo Gore Police: Lol, this one is worth watching if for no other reason than the in-film advertisements. The film itself is fine.

A friend of mine brought it over one night. If you want weirdness, it's got weirdness, but I didn't enjoy it like I enjoy other bad movies. I think Machine Girl is better... and sillier.

Originally Posted By: Gevin
I picked upThe Good, The Bad, And The Weird but I have yet to watch it...

I've been curious about that one. smile

#19462 - 09/27/10 06:03 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

those advertisements were better than the actual film.

Cuter Cutter! It's a wrist cutter that's cute!

#19557 - 10/05/10 07:47 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Just got in:
Ghost Talker's Daydream 4
Maid Sama 6

Been waiting on Ghost Talker forever. Dark Horse has a habit of putting out release dates and then postponing them for months at a time.

#19562 - 10/06/10 09:22 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
How different is the GTD manga from the anime (assuming that you've seen it)? Back when the OVA came out, the anime reviews seemed to praise the manga quite a bit, but I've never read it.

#19585 - 10/07/10 09:44 AM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Originally Posted By: Stefanie
How different is the GTD manga from the anime (assuming that you've seen it)? Back when the OVA came out, the anime reviews seemed to praise the manga quite a bit, but I've never read it.

The manga is quite entertaining and well written. Elements remind me of Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service. If I remember correctly, the anime covers some of the early stories from volume one. I do remember that is it very good. Not very scary, perhaps a little creepy. Some adult content to both the anime and the manga.

#19842 - 10/23/10 02:52 PM Re: What are your most recent purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Gevin Offline
UPSF Captain

I watches Vampire Girl Vs Frankenstein Girl last night. Mmmm... Movie wasn't nearly as good as Machine Girl & perhaps even slighty bellow Tokyo Gore Police,.. But was prrrretty good.
I'm more excited about Robo-Geisha coming up soon.
Vg-vs-Fg isn't totally a waste of time, it's certainy not so bad if you know what you are getting into,.. But I was generally not wild about the film. The comedy wasn't strong enough.

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.