Start Shopping! Cart
?
Page 12 of 19 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#30777 - 01/01/12 02:25 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Loc: North Carolina
On the way now:
Godzilla vs King Kong
Son of Godzilla
Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah / Godzilla & Mothra: The Battle for Earth
(double feature box set)
Godzilla Vs Hedorah
For some bizarre reason Godzilla vs the Sea Monster is going for $40 and Godzilla vs Gigan is $22. Used.eek
As soon as I get those two (hopefully at a decent price) I will have all of Godzy. Then I can concentrate on finishing my Gamera collection. smile

Advertisement
#31729 - 01/26/12 09:55 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Watched Son of Godzilla yesterday. A real puff piece in the Godzilla collection. Baby Godzy (Minilla) is an odd thing. They really didn't think too much about how the face looks. I guess by this time they were catering to the children. After he hatches, the three giant Mantis surround him to see who goes first. It makes sense that they all want to eat him because they are all giant monsters and Minilla is the biggest thing on the island on the menu. It was very humorous to see Minilla lying prone on the ground looking like bloated road kill on the side of the highway.smile I made note of all the different animal noises used in the film. A braying mule, dog and cat sounds.
In the scene where Godzy is trying to take a nap and his tail swishes back and forth like a cats I thought, "Aw shucks, how cute. He's just a big green kitty." laugh

#33159 - 02/24/12 09:09 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
oldcharlie55 Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: New York
I added some live-action stuff to 2 recent anime orders to get free shipping.

Last week I pre-ordered Battle Royale Blu-Ray Complete Collection...which reminds me I should start reading the manga.

Last night I ordered War in Space. I was going to order earlier in the week but I saved a few dollars by procrastinating as it came up yesterday in the weekly specials. Now if someone would only release The Human Vapor on DVD...

#33929 - 03/06/12 04:30 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Hobby Ninja Offline
UPSF Captain

Finally watched Battle Heater. It is a dark comedy about a young junkman who picks up a cursed kotatsu heater. It is full of wacky characters and I actually had a few laugh out loud moments while watching it.
You have an old school house turned apartment building with a suicidal elderly couple, punk rock band wanabes, an overbearing housewife trying to dispose of her husband's body, a totally inept repairman with strange religious habits and a rampaging table heater with a thrust for electrity and human flesh. There's also a small love story thrown in. Fun stuff.\

Also veiwed H-Man. A light little anti-nuclear weapon story about people melting into a new life form after being exposed to radiation from a H-bomb test. Then the melted people slim around looking for more victims. The best part of this film is seeing the architecture, fashion and cars of the early 60's Japan all in vivid color. Nice. I saw several actors I recognized from other films such as the Godzilla franchise.

#33942 - 03/06/12 10:02 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Hobby Ninja]
Nambu Hakase Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Originally Posted By: Hobby Ninja
Finally watched Battle Heater. It is a dark comedy about a young junkman who picks up a cursed kotatsu heater. It is full of wacky characters and I actually had a few laugh out loud moments while watching it.
You have an old school house turned apartment building with a suicidal elderly couple, punk rock band wanabes, an overbearing housewife trying to dispose of her husband's body, a totally inept repairman with strange religious habits and a rampaging table heater with a thrust for electrity and human flesh. There's also a small love story thrown in. Fun stuff.\

Sounds bad enough to be good.

#33965 - 03/07/12 09:36 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Nambu Hakase]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
That description also sounds a tad like the vibe of Kung Fu Hustle.

#33966 - 03/07/12 09:37 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Stefanie]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Love for Kung Fu Hustle! Woot woot!

#33971 - 03/07/12 10:04 AM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
Cheap One Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Love Stephen Chow movies. Shaolin Soccer being my favorite.

#35416 - 03/27/12 07:50 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: Gevin]
kiku Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: Temporally Displaced
Mushi-Shi The Movie

#35676 - 04/02/12 07:39 PM Re: What are your most recent *live-action (& non-anime/manga)* purchases? [Re: kiku]
CheechMonger Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: Florida
I picked up two Dragon Dynasty collections at Wal-Mart today:

Dragon Dynasty's Ultimate Kung Fu 4pk Box Set - Includes the films Martial Arts of Shaolin, Executioners From Shaolin, Five Shaolin Masters, Mad Monkey Kung Fu

Dragon Dynasty Double Feature #2 - Includes the fims Golden Swallow (The Girl With The Thunderbolt Kick), Killer Clans

Interesting thing about the Double Feature #2; according to both Amazon and Walmart.com, it isn't even supposed to be released until April 24th. Somehow it made it out onto the shelves three weeks early. For $5.00 it's a steal. No sign of the first double feature set (which is supposed to include The Avenging Eagle and Blood Brothers).

Edited by CheechMonger (04/03/12 11:16 AM)

Page 12 of 19 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18 19 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.