Start Shopping! Cart
Topic Options
#20257 - 11/18/10 05:43 PM Episode 119: ANIME TODAY Talks About NINJA ATTACK! with Authors Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt
nick Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa

Sengoku Basara anime, contests, reviews & more in ep. 119!

Right Stuf, Inc. is pleased to welcome Hiroko Yoda and Matt Alt – the co-authors of NINJA ATTACK! True Tales of Assassins, Samurai, and Outlaws – to episode 119 of ANIME TODAY.

In this new, two-segment interview, Yoda and Alt discuss what led them to write a guidebook about ninja and their known associates, some of the surprises they uncovered during their extensive research, and some of their favorite historical and fictional figures… some of whom will be familiar to anime fans. Additionally, they talk about their previous field guide to Japan’s supernatural legends, Yokai Attack! The Japanese Monster Survival Guide.

Yoda and Alt are the founders of Alt Japan Co., Ltd., which is based in Tokyo and specializes in the translation, adaptation and production of English-language editions of books, manga and video games (Ninja Gaiden).  In addition to the Ninja and Yokai Attack! books, they also co-authored the book Hello, Please! Very Helpful Super Kawaii Characters from Japan.

Also in Episode 119:

• Chad shares “What’s Hot” in the world of anime and manga.
  • Nick tells fans how they can find “rockin’ deals” on manga, manhwa and more from Yen Press.   
  • Marie takes a look at FUNimation’s release of the anime Sengoku Basara.
  • Nick announces the latest Otaku Prize Blitz winners, reminds fans about the Viz Pictures’ Detroit Metal City contest, and kicks off a new contest with the award-winning Japanese dessert bar and bakery Kyotofu for gift certificates that can be used either at their online storefront or their Midtown West location in New York City.
  • Listen to clips from the Samurai Deeper Kyo: Capriccio CD soundtrack from Geneon Music.
  • Also hear tracks from JapanFiles.com artists DECO 27 (“Bye-Bye’ By My Ai” from Sou Ai Sei Ri Ron), Sizima (“Indian Summer” from Natsu no Sizima), Aozorafantasii (“Across the Universe” from Flight), and the Caraway (“Hasta luego!” from their self-titled release).  
  • And finally, ANIME TODAY highlights some of the newest fan reviews from RightStuf.com visitors.

Ready to listen in? Check out episode 119 now!

Subscribe via iTunes and follow ANIME TODAY on Twitter!

Advertisement
#20271 - 11/20/10 11:06 PM Re: Episode 119: ANIME TODAY Talks About NINJA ATTACK! with Authors Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt [Re: nick]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Cheers everyone! I've loved the show since it came out and haven't missed a single episode. The tally of amazing guests you've amassed over the years is incredible. I'll miss the existing show format but I understand that the times are what they are and you all have lots things competing for your time. Consider me thankful in advance for whatever time you are able to carve off for our continued enlightenment.

So should we check here for updates on the new podcast format or shall we presume that whatever happens just happens?

#20283 - 11/22/10 09:40 AM Re: Episode 119: ANIME TODAY Talks About NINJA ATTACK! with Authors Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt [Re: Tsunami3k]
nick Offline
UPSF Admiral

Loc: Iowa

Thank you Tsunami3k for your kind words. Rich and I have really enjoyed doing the podcast for the past five years!

Any new content we produce will be posted to our Anime Today RSS feeds here and in iTunes, on the Anime Today homepage, on our Facebook page, on the Anime Today Twitter, and of course, here in our forums. Our bang-up Marketing Dept. will definitely get the word out, have no fear :)

Thanks again!

#20335 - 11/29/10 09:26 PM Re: Episode 119: ANIME TODAY Talks About NINJA ATTACK! with Authors Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt [Re: nick]
Tsunami3k Offline
UPSF Commander

Loc: Overland Park, KS
Originally Posted By: nick
..doing the podcast for the past five years!

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this notion. It really doesn't seem that long ago. Anyway, of course I'll keep an eye/ear out for any bit of news. Thank you again.

#20438 - 12/08/10 01:07 PM Re: Episode 119: ANIME TODAY Talks About NINJA ATTACK! with Authors Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt [Re: Tsunami3k]
Hikari Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: So. Cal.
I'm so sorry to see the podcast leave. I've found so many interesting new anime and manga while listening, and I learned so much about the business through your guests. I've really enjoyed it. Thank you for all your hard work.

#20506 - 12/11/10 10:54 PM Re: Episode 119: ANIME TODAY Talks About NINJA ATTACK! with Authors Hiroko Yoda & Matt Alt [Re: nick]
Phantom1 Offline
UPSF Ensign

Lately it seems that all of my favorite anime podcasts are ending. frown I don't know what to do.

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.