Start Shopping! Cart
Page 280 of 1000 < 1 2 ... 278 279 280 281 282 ... 999 1000 >
Topic Options
#20138 - 11/10/10 11:26 AM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: joelgundam01]
stargates Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Ct
Originally Posted By: joelgundam01
I'm currently watching Gunslinger Girl season 2. I entered the show with very low expectations (lots of negative press) and it's paying off. It's much better than what I thought it would be, but it's nowhere close to the execution of the first season.

Yeah, i was reluctant to give the second season a try when it first came out. But after going through it i enjoyed it a lot (despite the new animation style). It also follows the manga fairly well too so i already knew what to expect going in and thought that the anime version was pretty good.

Advertisement
#20144 - 11/10/10 01:27 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: stargates]
Stefanie Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Nashville, TN USA
I enjoyed GG2, but I agree that GG1 is better. Ghost Hound is up next after I finish Corpse Princess.

#20145 - 11/10/10 02:11 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: manga4micah]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

Loc: Texas
Hey manga4micah, is that the more recent re-release with both seasons & the dub?

Cause yeah that was pretty darn funny! Especially since Wendy Lee & Johny Yong Bosch were the 2 main characters (in English).

#20147 - 11/10/10 02:52 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
lcummins Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Junior Grade

Loc: TX
Currently viewing Daphne in the Brilliant Blue, with just 4 episodes to go... I think next will be Corpse Princess.

#20150 - 11/10/10 04:28 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: AnimeHunterD]
AnnaMay Offline
UPSF Ensign

Loc: USA
The House of Five Leaves.... It's really great so far. You can't buy it anywhere which threw me off,, but got hooked with the great artwork.

I will pick it up if they ever sell it. It's on the Funimation's You Tube channel. That's the only place I have found it.

#20153 - 11/10/10 04:52 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
manga4micah Offline
UPSF Lieutenant Commander

Originally Posted By: EricDent
Hey manga4micah, is that the more recent re-release with both seasons & the dub?

Cause yeah that was pretty darn funny! Especially since Wendy Lee & Johny Yong Bosch were the 2 main characters (in English).

Yeah it is the Dub version and i gotta say they had some great voice talent on it.

#20158 - 11/10/10 05:21 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: manga4micah]
J.E.S. Online
UPSF Commodore

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Started  Disgaea & finishing up on Angel Tales.Disgaea is ok, so is Angel Tales.Noting more to say on either for now. smirk

#20180 - 11/12/10 03:00 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: J.E.S.]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

I am currently re-re-rewatching Strawberry Marshmallow. Since I had recently re-read the manga series.

I still kind of wish that somebody would pick up the OVA and bring it to the USA!

Anyhow the reason is that I felt like a light-hearted show.

BTW I kind of decided to sell off Koi Kaze (have not done it yet) mostly due to the subject matter was not really my thing.

#20181 - 11/12/10 07:47 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: EricDent]
zrdb Offline
UPSF Vice Admiral

Loc: In The US-SR.
Strawberry Marshmallow is one of my favorites-funny as hell without being super sugary sweet-I love the interplay between the characters-BTW-have you seen the the 2 ova series? I thought they were just as good.

My Anime Bluray Collection

#20188 - 11/13/10 02:09 PM Re: What Anime Are You Currently Viewing? [Re: zrdb]
EricDent Offline
UPSF Rear Admiral

No since they have never been released in the USA (that I am aware of) on DVD. I avoid any and all fan-subs/torrents. Also my computer is kind of old (and the one at work won't let us go anywhere "cool", with a couple of exceptions) so I probably could not watch a legal stream.

Which is why I was wondering why anybody has not "rescued" the series (and picked up the OVAs while they were at it).

BTW since this is a kind of older show, I am not sure if they could even get the actors for either version. The English dub was done in Calgery (and also Vancouver).

Page 280 of 1000 < 1 2 ... 278 279 280 281 282 ... 999 1000 >

Moderator:  TroyR 

© 1997 - 2014 Right Stuf, Inc. (800) 338-6827. All Rights Reserved. Dealer Inquiries Invited.

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (weekly specials, bargain bin items, closeout items, and specialty imports item s) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at RightStuf.com. Items that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requ irements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon.